BBC bias

On 24/10/2022 at 06:51, Clown Job said:

Even Unionist agree it’s biased 

AFB436FC-B6FF-4C25-8D2A-D4EBF36FAAFB.jpeg

One of the things that annoys me more than 'whit aboot ma pension' types are the plenty of brazen wrong'uns/Rangers fans who are so upset by the breakup of the Union that they have managed to convince themselves that even the BBC is pro-Indy.

The only upside is that Sturgeon lives rent free in their minds.

There's a "Cost of Living" section on the BBC News website just now full of articles informing us plebs how to save money. Everything is done by BBC to get folk to view this crisis individually and not collectively. Nowhere on their site can you read that society's overarching economic arrangements might need changing.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yet again 3/4 out of 5 panelists are unionists and a unionist audience on Debate Night on BBC Shortbread. 

It is Dumfries, to be fair. So it’s a Tory heartland.

No surprise there.  The BBC location roster in Scotland for these type of shows typically comprises middle-class places such as Inverness, Stirling, Perth, St Andrews, Dumfries and Edinburgh with a large pool of native and Anglicised unionists to choose from.  Even when they pitch up in Aberdeen, Glasgow or Dundee the audience is grotesquely unrepresentative of these cities.

I look forward to the day when they roll up in Dumbarton, Port Glasgow, Bellshill, Croy, Ardrossan or Fauldhouse.

19 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

No surprise there.  The BBC location roster in Scotland for these type of shows typically comprises middle-class places such as Inverness, Stirling, Perth, St Andrews, Dumfries and Edinburgh with a large pool of native and Anglicised unionists to choose from.  Even when they pitch up in Aberdeen, Glasgow or Dundee the audience is grotesquely unrepresentative of these cities.

I look forward to the day when they roll up in Dumbarton, Port Glasgow, Bellshill, Croy, Ardrossan or Fauldhouse.

Yep, so it was no surprise that the Tory MSP Finlay Carson got the most airtime. I think BBC Shortbread believe that because they govern in WM, the Tories up here should be heard the loudest. No wonder there's still so many 'Dont Knows' when Nationalist panelists gets 15 seconds to answer a question before the discussion is moved on by the host.

FYIW I thought Paul McLennan was excellent last night, didn't take on the braying Carson and as usual with the SNP panelists lately, his answers were well constructed and presented calmly.  Carson doing the usual Tory thing of circling everything round to 'THe ESSEnpEE areNT doING their DAy jOB!!!!!!!!'.

There was a great line from a clearly Nationalist nurse - 'Yes, health is a devolved power, but only in an operational sense'.  A great dig at the Scottish budget from WM.  McLennan himself said year on year they spend more and more of the budget on the NHS.

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

They're struggling to find another 2 Tories to go alongside Julia and Fina for the car crash TV that is QT these days.

'Should there be a general election?'

Tories - No

Labour - Yes

For an hour, will definitely tune in!

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

So you didn’t watch it last night then? 

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The BBC location roster in Scotland for these type of shows typically comprises middle-class places such as Inverness, Stirling, Perth, St Andrews, Dumfries and Edinburgh 

I'm afraid the days of Dumfries belonging to a list of Scotland's more affluent towns, are long gone.

8 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

They're struggling to find another 2 Tories to go alongside Julia and Fiona for the car crash TV that is QT these days.

They should phone up really right-wing Joe Lycett.  He could moan about losing his star babe who had to vacate the post too soon.

Might get the viewing figures up.

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

She is the Minister of State at the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities, apparently

I think they should change the name of that department.   

Without the word "up" it sounds like what the Luftwaffe did in WW2.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

I think they should change the name of that department.   

Without the word "up" it sounds like what the Luftwaffe did in WW2.

The Department for Investment, Communities and Keeping Safe

Or D.I.C.K.S for short

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

ETA - from the interview/panel/whatever where Angela Eagle ripped into her. 

Has Carver replaced the wee American lassie, who always looked like she was holding in a shite, as the BBC’s “think tank commentator whose funding sources (outside the BBC) should not be questioned”?

D5951B14-0DE1-4D42-8A75-38BC24084FD1.jpeg

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

Has Carver replaced the wee American lassie, who always looked like she was holding in a shite, as the BBC’s “think tank commentator whose funding sources (outside the BBC) should not be questioned”?

D5951B14-0DE1-4D42-8A75-38BC24084FD1.jpeg

Carver is still listed on here, and take a gander at some of these zoomers, they make Rees-Mogg look like Jay Z.

https://iea.org.uk/staff/