BBC bias

This is exactly the sort of thing that fucking infuriates me with the BBC's news reporting. Not for the first time, they've shown that they are comfortable declaring that a Russian politician is categorically lying and stating falsehoods, yet because of their bizarre idea about impartiality meaning they can not apply typical journalistic standards to UK politicians, even when Johnson or somebody lies their tits off, it's invariably framed as 'Johnson's opponents claim', or 'accusations of'. 

They can unequivocally state a Russian politician is lying when it's abundantly clear they are lying, so why can they not do the same with UK politicians? It's ridiculous.

www.bbc.co.uk_news.png

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is exactly the sort of thing that fucking infuriates me with the BBC's news reporting. Not for the first time, they've shown that they are comfortable declaring that a Russian politician is categorically lying and stating falsehoods, yet because of their bizarre idea about impartiality meaning they can not apply typical journalistic standards to UK politicians, even when Johnson or somebody lies their tits off, it's invariably framed as 'Johnson's opponents claim', or 'accusations of'. 

They can unequivocally state a Russian politician is lying when it's abundantly clear they are lying, so why can they not do the same with UK politicians? It's ridiculous.

www.bbc.co.uk_news.png

Answered your own question there. They make up the “rules” about impartiality as they go along.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It seems every Palestinian fighting against oppression is a “militant” but not so any of the Zionist oppressors.

That's a trope that exists all over the world....."One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist " etc..........................

Just remember the words of Alexei Sayle :-

"The next time your are asked what your New Year Resolution is, tell them it's United Nations Resolution 242."

Fuxake.................................😖

"Hearing that Suella Braverman is making a return to cabinet less than a week after being sacked over a security breach. One govt source even suggests she might be back as home sec, perhaps in return for endorsing Sunak. Bold move, if true."
Edited by Florentine_Pogen

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It seems every Palestinian fighting against oppression is a “militant” but not so any of the Zionist oppressors.

Spot on. See also regime. BBC speak for any government, elected or otherwise that won’t buy U.K. weapons. This of course does not apply to Saudi Arabia, UAE etc who have governments, according to the BBC

ETA The U.K. does not have a regime, despite hereditary head of state, unelected House of Lords and a Prime Minister elected by 359 Tory MP’s!

Edited by CambieBud

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Fuxake.................................😖

"Hearing that Suella Braverman is making a return to cabinet less than a week after being sacked over a security breach. One govt source even suggests she might be back as home sec, perhaps in return for endorsing Sunak. Bold move, if true."

This was always going to be the problem if the Tories didn't go for the nuclear self-destruct button and bring back Boris. Any PM who genuinely wants to pull the party back together and give a pretence of stable government was going to have to include the far-right lunatics in that, so cabinet positions for worstcunts like Braverman and Badenoch are an inevitability.

My hope is that it continues to lead to the sort of infighting and partisanship that has characterised the last 6 years of Tory governance, and that renders it doubly difficult for them to cement any real resurgence in popularity. Pity it means two more years of shit awful policy making and harmful government that everyone has to suffer through, but if that's what it takes to bin these fucking criminals for a while then so be it. The worst of their policies can always be undone, though I'm increasingly concerned that the Labour party under Starmer would lack the gumption for fear of upsetting thick racists.

4 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

That's a trope that exists all over the world....."One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist " etc..........................

Just remember the words of Alexei Sayle :-

"The next time your are asked what your New Year Resolution is, tell them it's United Nations Resolution 242."

Thatcher thought Mandela was a terrorist.

19 minutes ago, Antlion said:

To be fair, in her final few years Thatcher thought that she was the Empress Elisabeth and that her hairbrush was a telephone to the Planet Twylar.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/oct/25/my-doomed-stand-margaret-thatcher-war-truth-central-office-information

"By the time I left, seven years later, the COI was no longer the sole arbiter of what was and what wasn’t “objective information”. During the years they employed me, Thatcher had eroded this notion so effectively that we COI writers had little or no authority left. Advertising and public relations and lobbying agencies now clustered around Number 10 like flies over treacle, and the idea of truth had evaporated. Something got lost in those years. It is difficult to imagine the administrations of Tony Blair, David Cameron, Boris Johnson and Liz Truss without the preparatory demolition of the foundations that Thatcher carried out. Never again would our governments allow us the dignity of knowing the facts and drawing our own conclusions from them."

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2022/oct/25/my-doomed-stand-margaret-thatcher-war-truth-central-office-information

"By the time I left, seven years later, the COI was no longer the sole arbiter of what was and what wasn’t “objective information”. During the years they employed me, Thatcher had eroded this notion so effectively that we COI writers had little or no authority left. Advertising and public relations and lobbying agencies now clustered around Number 10 like flies over treacle, and the idea of truth had evaporated. Something got lost in those years. It is difficult to imagine the administrations of Tony Blair, David Cameron, Boris Johnson and Liz Truss without the preparatory demolition of the foundations that Thatcher carried out. Never again would our governments allow us the dignity of knowing the facts and drawing our own conclusions from them."

Not quite the simile I’d have gone for, but close.

Yet again 3/4 out of 5 panelists are unionists and a unionist audience on Debate Night on BBC Shortbread. 

It is Dumfries, to be fair. So it’s a Tory heartland.