Jump to content

BBC bias


Recommended Posts

On 23/08/2018 at 22:22, Peppino Impastato said:

I mean I was actually laughing out loud it was so bad.  The interviewer leading her, chipping them up for her to smash out of the park, clearly rehearsed.

If you think the BBC does journalism you're a fucking moron.

 

The BBC is filled with journalists "doing journalism".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched an extended interview last night on RT with probably the world's premier investigative reporter, Seymour Hersh.  

He said he has been looking into the skripal case, athas sources that tell him they were working very closely with British intelligence to help them identify Russian mafia members laundering money in the UK.

So guess who would become the prime suspect in their poisoning if you had an objective mind?  And guess whose government has been lying to you?  A wee clue, it isn't Russia's.

Of course you won't hear any of this in the British media.  But RT is total propaganda blah blah blah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Watched an extended interview last night on RT with probably the world's premier investigative reporter, Seymour Hersh.  

He said he has been looking into the skripal case, athas sources that tell him they were working very closely with British intelligence to help them identify Russian mafia members laundering money in the UK.

So guess who would become the prime suspect in their poisoning if you had an objective mind?  And guess whose government has been lying to you?  A wee clue, it isn't Russia's.

Of course you won't hear any of this in the British media.  But RT is total propaganda blah blah blah.

Yes RT is propaganda. I don't know why you think them having Hersh on changes that.

He's jumped the shark massively in recent years. His efforts in attempting to deny chemical weapons use by the Assad regime, also on RT I might add, were utterly pathetic and cowardly. Filled with basic and obvious errors.

Edited by Jambo: First Blood
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny how multiple award-winning journalists are deemed to have suddenly lost the plot when they deviate from current official truths. John Pilger and Robert Fisk get similar treatment.

Of course RT has propaganda value. I'm not sure if it literally has FSB assets embedded in its ranks, or if new recruits are vetted by Russian intelligence, but if it did it would still only put it on a par with the western propaganda it was established to counter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Funny how multiple award-winning journalists are deemed to have suddenly lost the plot when they deviate from current official truths. John Pilger and Robert Fisk get similar treatment.

Of course RT has propaganda value. I'm not sure if it literally has FSB assets embedded in its ranks, or if new recruits are vetted by Russian intelligence, but if it did it would still only put it on a par with the western propaganda it was established to counter.

Pilger for me is the best journalist in the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Funny how multiple award-winning journalists are deemed to have suddenly lost the plot when they deviate from current official truths. John Pilger and Robert Fisk get similar treatment.

Of course RT has propaganda value. I'm not sure if it literally has FSB assets embedded in its ranks, or if new recruits are vetted by Russian intelligence, but if it did it would still only put it on a par with the western propaganda it was established to counter.

It has nothing to do with his deviation from so-called "official truths" and everything to do with Hersh's descent into war-crimes denial based on outright nonsense and driven by an ideological agenda.

See here: https://medium.com/@pitt_bob/seymour-hersh-and-massacres-the-degeneration-of-a-respected-journalist-dda5929c1b67

He's said that there was no sarin present at the Khan Shaykhun scene at all when in fact the OPCW-UN report concluded that not only was sarin used but that Assad's forces were responsible for its release.

When questioned on this by the BBC he starts talking about the 2013 Ghouta attack instead strongly suggested that he doesn't really know what he's talking about in either case. 

BTW Hersh's attempt at denying the 2018 Douma attack directly contradicts Fisk's denial attempt so in that case which award-winning journalist do you believe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

It has nothing to do with his deviation from so-called "official truths" and everything to do with Hersh's descent into war-crimes denial based on outright nonsense and driven by an ideological agenda.

See here: https://medium.com/@pitt_bob/seymour-hersh-and-massacres-the-degeneration-of-a-respected-journalist-dda5929c1b67

He's said that there was no sarin present at the Khan Shaykhun scene at all when in fact the OPCW-UN report concluded that not only was sarin used but that Assad's forces were responsible for its release.

When questioned on this by the BBC he starts talking about the 2013 Ghouta attack instead strongly suggested that he doesn't really know what he's talking about in either case. 

BTW Hersh's attempt at denying the 2018 Douma attack directly contradicts Fisk's denial attempt so in that case which award-winning journalist do you believe?

Leaving aside the obvious bias of that article, why do you think someone with the accolades and reputation of Robert Fisk would apparently decide to destroy himself for the benefit of Bashar al Assad? At best, his years of journalistic experience went out the window as he allowed himself to be duped by the false testimony of an unreliable witness. At worst, he's knowingly complicit in the war crimes of a Middle Eastern dictator. Neither is very likely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again on Newsnight tonight, covering Field's Flounce, Chris Williamson putting across the perfectly reasonable point that Fields' own members have rejected him, struggled to be heard over four interruptions by the host, while Siobhain McDonagh got a chance to parrot the Corbyn is Evil line unchallenged.

I Can't wait for Chris's inevitable return to the front bench. He understands he only has the job of MP as long as he represents the voters. A lesson many of the entitled cúnts like Phillips, Umuna, Stringer or Mann would do well to take on board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Again on Newsnight tonight, covering Field's Flounce, Chris Williamson putting across the perfectly reasonable point that Fields' own members have rejected him, struggled to be heard over four interruptions by the host, while Siobhain McDonagh got a chance to parrot the Corbyn is Evil line unchallenged.

I Can't wait for Chris's inevitable return to the front bench. He understands he only has the job of MP as long as he represents the voters. A lesson many of the entitled cúnts like Phillips, Umuna, Stringer or Mann would do well to take on board.

 

This is unfair on politicians like Phillips who are extremely concerned about issues such as *squints* calling sex workers "prostitutes".

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 23.21.08.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

 

This is unfair on politicians like Phillips who are extremely concerned about issues such as *squints* calling sex workers "prostitutes".

 

 

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 23.21.08.png

There are very few treatments, whether classified as torture, abuse of human rights, cruel or unusual punishment which would be unfair to the vicious, egotistic wee shitstain that is Jess Phillips.

 

In fairness, I have to admit I'm not a fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

There are very few treatments, whether classified as torture, abuse of human rights, cruel or unusual punishment which would be unfair to the vicious, egotistic wee shitstain that is Jess Phillips.

 

In fairness, I have to admit I'm not a fan.

 

Can't believe I went for that and not when she bragged about telling Diane Abbott to "f**k off" which later turned out to be a lie. What a career. She'll be at The Spectator once she packs in parliament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

 

Can't believe I went for that and not when she bragged about telling Diane Abbott to "f**k off" which later turned out to be a lie. What a career. She'll be at The Spectator once she packs in parliament. gets de-selected and has to work for a fucking living.

FTFY.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

SUPPORT ALEX AND SCOTLAND. THE UNIONIST SCUM WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO DISCREDIT OUR NATION AND DESTROY THE MOVE TOWARDS INDEPENDENCE...…..https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/alexsalmond/backers/

Ha ha ha. I think when his accusers are outed they should be hunted down so you can put them in a ducking stool to get the truth before burning them Matthew Hopkins style in front of pitchfork waving Nationalists. Seems only right.

That list of doners is basically a list of people who's heads button up the back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Loonydave1...………..enjoying your colonial status ? Never mind you can tell your wee Tory friends in Leith how wonderful life will be after your Brexit masterplan unfolds.
I've moved to Musselburgh so you're factualy incorrect.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...