BBC bias

You'll still find articles in support of Independence in the Record and Herald.. they just aren't predominant.  Why would they support Independence anyway?  It's a minority cause and always has been.

You'll still find them promoting a lot of pro-separation talking points.

Did the Sunday Herald not come out in favour of it anyway?

5 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

You'll still find articles in support of Independence in the Record and Herald.. they just aren't predominant.  Why would they support Independence anyway?  It's a minority cause and always has been.

Lesley Riddoch is pro independence and Kevin McKenna seems to move back and forth.

Im sure there are others but I dont follow them much.

3 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Can't even be an Indy supporting newspaper these days without being called an Indy supporting newspaper. State gone mad. 

Sturgeon condemned yet? 

Just look at the Express online daily.  They never seem to hear about Sir Noncealot or the fact that the Bullingdon cabal have the countries currently under their jurisdiction on their collective arses with their brexit and looking after their ain policies.

19 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Lesley Riddoch is pro independence and Kevin McKenna seems to move back and forth.

Im sure there are others but I dont follow them much.

I've always found Kevin McKenna to be quite open minded.  A lot of time for him.

Riddoch is a different kettle of fish, but I listen to her podcast regularly.  She's articulate and gives a good insight into the ways of the Nationalist movement, although she doesn't talk about it as much now.  Think she realises it's a dead duck.. and who wants a dead duck?  Not even it's mother, she just flies off, depressed.

Cat Boyd and David Jamieson of 'Conter' are an interesting listen.  Pretty much communists, but they are authentic and always have a smile on their faces.  I have a lot of respect for Jamieson in particular, the kind of guy you could chat about your disagreements with over a pint without it turning nasty.  They don't produce much content though.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

26 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Aye that's why I said currently as I'm also pretty sure the Daily Record came out as pro Indy at one point, the big Yoon b*****ds that they are. 

9 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

The idea that Scotland's media is in any way balanced when it comes to independence or accurately reflects the beliefs of at least 50% of the population is hilarious.

Pure comedy.

For clarification I'm not saying the Scottish media doesn't have a lot of biases I'm just saying the cited example of a National journalist being called a Nationalist isn't exactly something noteworthy.

8 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Just look at the Express online daily.  They never seem to hear about Sir Noncealot or the fact that the Bullingdon cabal have the countries currently under their jurisdiction on their collective arses with their brexit and looking after their ain policies.

For sure they're deffo one of the worst Britnat media sources. I'd hope enough centrists can recognise that and see through it. Deffo one of the most brexity papers on the go. 

2 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

image.png.ee029ec7fb06246aa108eea50e38f0b0.png

SNP MP in the headline. Nicely timed to coincide with the Indyref announcement. 

Ex-council leader in the headline. (He's a Tory. You find that out if you read the story.

"Sturgeon" as opposed to "FM Nicola Sturgeon" in contrast to "PM Boris Johnson". Also the BBC rarely capitalise First Minister. 

13 hours ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Aye that's why I said currently as I'm also pretty sure the Daily Record came out as pro Indy at one point, the big Yoon b*****ds that they are. 

The Record has never been pro independence. 

The Scottish Sun did in the 90s, although most saw it as a Murdoch backed ploy to harm the Labour vote in Scotland. 

Not necessarily bias but interestingly on bbc news this morning when reporting on the independence campaign, the main uk broadcast said ‘any referendum would require legal consent from the uk government’ and reporting Scotland had ‘any referendum without an agreed order would likely be challenged in court’. 

A subtle but relatively significant difference. 

On 09/06/2022 at 11:56, Clown Job said:

But it's fine because we can switch to reliable and affordable public transport, right?

Right?

Reporting Scotland had a deucey, reporter finishing off a piece with saying it'll come down to a choice, a single market with the UK or a single market with the EU, with maps in the background. No mention of Northern Ireland of course, or Liechtenstein come to that

Was listening to the story on BBC Radio Scotland this morning, when Glen Campbell came out with this fascinating insight...

"Current Polls would suggest it's 50/50 with 'No' slightly ahead"

Terry seems to hibernate from this football forum until the Indy alarm goes off. Interesting.

Johnnie Beattie has now been banging on for two days on every child in Scotland being taught to swim.

Even after being telt that drownings have often nothing to do with the ability to or even the intention to swim, he's still boring on like he's the worst pedant that P&B can offer.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Polls are showing the majority of people support the rail strikers… you’d never have guessed that watching QT last night 

Yeah, I caught a clip from the Jeremy Vile show, they had a phone in poll that showed 89% supporting the rail workers, with 11% supporting the government. Given that it’s an abhorrent show that gives air time to right wing c***s like Carol Malone, I was very surprised by their poll results. 

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Yeah, I caught a clip from the Jeremy Vile show, they had a phone in poll that showed 89% supporting the rail workers, with 11% supporting the government. Given that it’s an abhorrent show that gives air time to right wing c***s like Carol Malone, I was very surprised by their poll results. 

Probably realised it would be a good way to get frothing roasters to call in demanding that the unions be forcibly disbanded before the proles get any more ideas above their station.