BBC bias

I see the BBC are quite excited today about the discovery of The Gloucester, a ship they say was carrying “the future James II”. 

Which is impressive, considering he died over 200 years before the ship was even launched. 

47 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

It’s wild to think the BBC thought it was appropriate to televise these marches to begin with 

I also don't understand why they would televise it even if it wasn't an archaic and divisive nonsense. Anyone who wants to see an Orange Walk will... go and see an Orange Walk. Who is it being beamed back to?

I don't give much a f**k about Caley Thistle or Hamilton Accies but I might watch if it's on telly because I like football. Are there "neutrals" who will tune in to watch a walk? 

9 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I also don't understand why they would televise it even if it wasn't an archaic and divisive nonsense. Anyone who wants to see an Orange Walk will... go and see an Orange Walk. Who is it being beamed back to?

I don't give much a f**k about Caley Thistle or Hamilton Accies but I might watch if it's on telly because I like football. Are there "neutrals" who will tune in to watch a walk? 

Quietly hiding my half and half OO/PSNI scarf. 

27 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Radical thought - there may be people in NI that are actually too fat to walk. Thought looking at the size of the men & women that march here I don't know if that's possible.

1 hour ago, MacDuffman said:

Radical thought - there may be people in NI that are actually too fat to walk. Thought looking at the size of the men & women that march here I don't know if that's possible.

I thought the big drum was so they could just lean forward and have a wee rest, or use it as a belly-wheel. 

On BBC Radio Scotland on Sunday morning a journalist was introduced as being from the "pro independence" National Newspaper. I don't remember any journalist being introduced as being from a pro unionist newspaper. 

1 hour ago, thisal said:

On BBC Radio Scotland on Sunday morning a journalist was introduced as being from the "pro independence" National Newspaper. I don't remember any journalist being introduced as being from a pro unionist newspaper. 

They self identify as being pro Independence as part of their wider goal. 

The "Unionist newspapers" aren't explicitly Unionist as part of a wider goal. 

5 hours ago, thisal said:

This also happens frequently with non journalist guests 

Nobody is introduced as a unionist