BBC bias

Just now, Antlion said:

And already swanning back to the BBC. First gig QT Thursday. At least they’re making him start at the bottom and work his way up.

Brutal stuff from the beeb as usual 

Laura on the BBC 10 o'clock news, saying that now Brexit is in the rear view mirror, Johnson can now maybe focus on the next election!!

And the report showed comments from the woman in Manchester who was on BBC breakfast this morning, and strangely enough her comments about brexit are no longer there.

Laura on the BBC 10 o'clock news, saying that now Brexit is in the rear view mirror, Johnson can now maybe focus on the next election!!
And the report showed comments from the woman in Manchester who was on BBC breakfast this morning, and strangely enough her comments about brexit are no longer there.
Saw that. She was all over twitter blaming Brexit and it was immediately noticeable that any mention of Brexit had been cut.

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
39 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Saw that. She was all over twitter blaming Brexit and it was immediately noticeable that any mention of Brexit had been cut.

Was there ever any doubt that the BBC would do anything other than their lords and masters ordered? “Brexit” is now unmentionable by all dwelling in Tory pockets.

15 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
16 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/trader-blames-brexit-for-soaring-price-of-fish-but-bbc-edits-it-out-290736/

I know this is minute in the grand scheme of things and compared to the other examples on this thread but this type of thing really boils my piss.

The sport on Radio 2 news this morning - England ladies start their World Cup qualification campaign tonight against North Macedonia - end of report. Would it really have been difficult to mention that the other three nations which make up this wonderful union of equals are also playing tonight?

It’s like they’ve given up even trying to pretend to be the “B”BC.

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I know this is minute in the grand scheme of things and compared to the other examples on this thread but this type of thing really boils my piss.

The sport on Radio 2 news this morning - England ladies start their World Cup qualification campaign tonight against North Macedonia - end of report. Would it really have been difficult to mention that the other three nations which make up this wonderful union of equals are also playing tonight?

It’s like they’ve given up even trying to pretend to be the “B”BC.

i'm sure your regional station would inform you of that

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I don’t follow this thread enough to know if you’re being serious, taking the piss or being tongue in cheek?

its both and neither, and if you complained, after a patronising ''sorry, we''ll take that onboard'' you'd be told you'd get that information on the bbc radio scotland/wales/ulster news

57 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

its both and neither, and if you complained, after a patronising ''sorry, we''ll take that onboard'' you'd be told you'd get that information on the bbc radio scotland/wales/ulster news

meanwhile Radio Scotland's sports bulletin regularly leads with English men's football news.

It's almost like there is a general acceptance that one of the partners is more equal than the others.

BBC Radio Scotland, "the line has dropped out " and an interviewee with something to say is lost to the country is so common that it is a surprise when an interview is completed.

This must be down to more than dodgy mobile phone signals or some such and whereas this is only tenuously associated with this thread, it is increasingly irritating and shows Pacific Quay in an amateur light.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

meanwhile Radio Scotland's sports bulletin regularly leads with English men's football news.

It's almost like there is a general acceptance that one of the partners is more equal than the others.

i can understand your grievance, but i actually pay very little attention to Scottish Football bar ''Off The Ball'' ,''Sportscene'' & sometimes Clyde's superscoreboard if the dog needs a shite. so telling me how Premier League result ended is very welcome news to me.

I want to know why the BBC is ignoring an absolutely disgraceful situation that has persisted in Scotland's capital city. 

We have been struggling along for over 5 months now without a Duke. Just think of all these Dukeish things that are being left undone, resulting in an appalling situation for the population.  The city is on its knees.  Rioting in the streets by crazed mobs chanting "we want a Duke". 

Something MUST be done! 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I want to know why the BBC is ignoring an absolutely disgraceful situation that has persisted in Scotland's capital city. 

We have been struggling along for over 5 months now without a Duke. Just think of all these Dukeish things that are being left undone, resulting in an appalling situation for the population.  The city is on its knees.  Rioting in the streets by crazed mobs chanting "we want a Duke". 

Something MUST be done! 

Charlie is the Duke for now. He was given the title on the death of the old lizard.

I thought it would have gone to a democratic vote. 🤣

24 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Charlie is the Duke for now. He was given the title on the death of the old lizard.

I thought it would have gone to a democratic vote. 🤣

F##k sake. How's anyone supposed to know that? More discrimination! 

When old bat ears became Prince of Wales in 1969, there was a televised ceremony and 5 Stamps!  The new Chookie Embra didn't even get one stamp.  The country is going to the dogs, I tell you!  How's Chazza supposed to do both these crucial jobs at the same time? Who is he meant to support when Wales come to Murrayfield?

This won't end well.