BBC bias

There's a multi-pronged.....MSM, Tory party et al....attack on the BBC, designed to make it into right-wing friendly, UK version of Fox news. 
That's the end game in all this, to make the national broadcaster effectively a Tory party mouthpiece. 
I'm stunned, but not surprised, that there isn't a greater outcry about this. 

Too many down south who think Boris and the Tory party are doing a great job so will cheer them on in sorting those lefty’s at the BBC into proper flag waving proud Brits who can’t wait to doff their cap for her Majesty. I was in the RAF for 22 years so have a lot of friends on social media who are English and it’s genuinely depressing seeing people who I know are intelligent lapping up everything the current government are doing and ignoring every bit of sleaze and corruption. The only people who seem to be anti Tory in England in my experience these days are the Scousers. The rest are so focused on immigration and how it’s the cause of all our problems and the austerity was caused by Labour. I honestly can’t see anything except a Tory government for the foreseeable and they’ll have free reign to do what they like to the BBC.

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Too many down south who think Boris and the Tory party are doing a great job so will cheer them on in sorting those lefty’s at the BBC into proper flag waving proud Brits who can’t wait to doff their cap for her Majesty. I was in the RAF for 22 years so have a lot of friends on social media who are English and it’s genuinely depressing seeing people who I know are intelligent lapping up everything the current government are doing and ignoring every bit of sleaze and corruption. The only people who seem to be anti Tory in England in my experience these days are the Scousers. The rest are so focused on immigration and how it’s the cause of all our problems and the austerity was caused by Labour. I honestly can’t see anything except a Tory government for the foreseeable and they’ll have free reign to do what they like to the BBC.

All the more reason for Independence and freedom from these embarrassing clowns in westminster.

On 22/05/2021 at 21:57, Bob Mahelp said:

There's a multi-pronged.....MSM, Tory party et al....attack on the BBC, designed to make it into right-wing friendly, UK version of Fox news. 

That's the end game in all this, to make the national broadcaster effectively a Tory party mouthpiece. 

I'm stunned, but not surprised, that there isn't a greater outcry about this. 

I think Marina Hyde speaks for a lot of people here:-

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/may/21/tabloids-hurt-princess-diana-panorama-bbc-scapegoat

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Main BBC network news didn't report Josh Taylor becoming undisputed world champion.  

They really are taking the piss ffs! 

BBC Radio Scotland have taken recent editorial decisions to prioritize English football.

It is noticable.

15 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Main BBC network news didn't report Josh Taylor becoming undisputed world champion.  

They really are taking the piss ffs! 

Is this not to do with whichever promoters he went with? Saw quite a lot of people having a go at coverage of this, not BBC but all round, SSN included, something along the lines of him going with some American promoters over UK ones? 

30 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Is this not to do with whichever promoters he went with? Saw quite a lot of people having a go at coverage of this, not BBC but all round, SSN included, something along the lines of him going with some American promoters over UK ones? 

It's still newsworthy regardless of what promoters he went with surely? 

19 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I would think so but i like boxing. 

It tends to be only the massive crossover fights that get reported on the main news irrespective of whether they're quality, important or Bellew v Haye. 

The Taylor fight was hugely undersold in the UK. 

31 minutes ago, Pato said:

Not Marine Hyde who worked at the Sun in the 90s until she was sacked for feeding scoops to Piers Morgan?

I can't believe Marina Elizabeth Catherine Dudley-Williams, the daughter of Sir Alistair Edgcumbe James Dudley-Williams, 2nd Baronet, is full of shit again.

45 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I agree. I quite like Boxing but don't follow it too much, I'm sure there's a lot of murky politics to the promotion and media coverage. 

Basically I think it's a joke but it's not a BBC issue it's a wider media/Boxing issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

The BBC reporting from the Black Sea last night might just have been a new low. 

No context as to why a BBC News crew and Daily Mail journalist and photographer were on this particular Destroyer as it sailed close to Crimea. 

Edited by Detournement

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The BBC reporting from the Black Sea last night might just have been a new low. 

No context as to why a BBC News crew and Daily Mail journalist and photographer were on this particular Destroyer as it sailed close to Crimea. 

Haha aye I thought that when I saw the Daily Mail story getting posted today. What a coincidence that there were reporters on this ship definitely not going to provoke a diplomatic incident with the baddies Russians

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I haven't seen a single tweet from anywhere on the political spectrum that doesn't think this is a pile of manufactured bullshit. 

Also every single word in that statement is calculated how to lie without actually lying. 

20210624_105721.jpg

Just why are we doing this shit?

The Black Sea, just off the coast of England right? 

It's one thing trying to subvert and rob nations that can't fight back, but to spoil a fight with the one nation with a leader who could and would wipe you off the face of the planet, is an act of shear folley by madmen. 

Must thank Blojo for putting our existence here on earth at risk. 

These flecking hegemonic geopolitical games that the US and the UK play needs to end, before the "accident" all speak about, does become a reality. 

With a senile old rat with previous in the Whitehouse and a jolly court jester without a brain cell in charge at Westminster, just what could go wrong?! 

The EU announced this week they are going to put Venezuela style sanctions on Belarus. The German Foreign Minister just happened to choose the 80th anniversary of Operation Barbarossa to announce the collective punishment of a Slavic population.

It looks like the American allied countries are beginning to build a new Iron Curtain. 

22 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Just why are we doing this shit?

The Black Sea, just off the coast of England right? 

It's one thing trying to subvert and rob nations that can't fight back, but to spoil a fight with the one nation with a leader who could and would wipe you off the face of the planet, is an act of shear folley by madmen. 

Must thank Blojo for putting our existence here on earth at risk. 

These flecking hegemonic geopolitical games that the US and the UK play needs to end, before the "accident" all speak about, does become a reality. 

With a senile old rat with previous in the Whitehouse and a jolly court jester without a brain cell in charge at Westminster, just what could go wrong?! 

HMS Defender, was in Ukraine, recently partly invade by Russia, to show support and sign a treaty. It sailed in international waters past Crimea, recently invaded and claimed by Russia, and is heading to Georgia, recently invaded by Russia. The Black Sea is very important to the UK, EU and their allies, the threat of it being a 'Russian lake' is obviously a fear.

Are you suggesting we should not annoy any country with a powerful military?  You'll freak out when HMS Defender sails up the South Cina sea.

I kinda agree with your appraisal of UK, USA leadership, but Putin is a dictator in anything but name. I really do not get the love for 'poor plucky Russia'.

21 minutes ago, Mr Waldo said:

HMS Defender, was in Ukraine, recently partly invade by Russia, to show support and sign a treaty. It sailed in international waters past Crimea, recently invaded and claimed by Russia, and is heading to Georgia, recently invaded by Russia. The Black Sea is very important to the UK, EU and their allies, the threat of it being a 'Russian lake' is obviously a fear.

Are you suggesting we should not annoy any country with a powerful military?  You'll freak out when HMS Defender sails up the South Cina sea.

I kinda agree with your appraisal of UK, USA leadership, but Putin is a dictator in anything but name. I really do not get the love for 'poor plucky Russia'.

I think you are being rather naive and believing the US led propaganda machine. 

These are aggressive actions by two failing debt ridden nation states terrified of the Sun setting on Empire. 

The circle of life goes on, demographics change and the time has gone for imperialists as you might have noticed from the never ending riots in the US, who are on their arse and don't like it. 

Nations can choose to get on with their neighbours or not. The US and the UK are in the not category as they struggle in letting go of the imperialist mentality. 

Be clear who is being subversive across the planet and in ain't Russia nor China. What weesee today is the continuance of the Bush/Blair genocide in Iraq 2. Nothing less. 

There is only one end point to its contuance and it will mean an end to us all. So until main Street stop believing the BS and hold governments to account, the young have no future. 

Being Scottish, one should understand exactly what's at play and in that, is where I can support the Nats. 

Edited by BlueBear