BBC bias

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

i hear there was a protest against bbc bias in glasgow today.

Anybody go?

Anybody know which side was protesting?

I was there, around 350 folk all pro indy, about 7-8 speakers including Peter Bell and a former BBC journalist.

Mainly aout the lack of indy voices on radio shortbead and Reporting Scotland. Running negative stories using pro unionist comentators, taking down pro indy youtue channels, ignoring the dark money story, Brexit impact on Scotland, power grab and why they giving the Scottish office an easy ride. Saying Scottish institutions are shite and not comapring them to England and Wales such as NHS, Police, Education etc. Ignoring positive stories.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I was there, around 350 folk all pro indy, about 7-8 speakers including Peter Bell and a former BBC journalist.

Mainly aout the lack of indy voices on radio shortbead and Reporting Scotland. Running negative stories using pro unionist comentators, taking down pro indy youtue channels, ignoring the dark money story, Brexit impact on Scotland, power grab and why they giving the Scottish office an easy ride. Saying Scottish institutions are shite and not comapring them to England and Wales such as NHS, Police, Education etc. Ignoring positive stories.

Sounds like a fair few legitimate gripes.

I don’t live in Scotland or feel particularly strongly about either side in the independence argument. I would usually see bias in their reporting of economics (particularly austerity).  I do recognise the  agenda shifting tactics from that debate that you mention above.

I hope your efforts weren’t wasted.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There's a bunch of women at my work who still believe there are TV License vans driving around that can detect if you are watching TV or not.

We pay our TV licence by monthly Direct Debit.

We regularly (about monthly) get a letter saying there is no TV licence at this address, from an office in Kilmarnock, and threating us with a visit from an inspector. This has been going on for about 3 years. A guy from the TV licence people was here about 3 years ago to check our address after we sent the letter back then saying we had a licence. There are only 3 houses in our post code. Think of the cost of the dozens of letters sent out in the past 3 years saying we don't have a TV licence, which we ignore

We are looking forward to some c**t from Kilmarnock turning up, and wish he would.

Raging Britnat losing her shit when she doesn't realise selling bombs to Saudi has f**k all to do with Scottish Govt.  I don't agree with giving them hauners but it seems like general practice to keep foreign companies sweet on staying in Scotland.

Edited by dirty dingus

11 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

So what would and Independent Scotland do?

Are we never going to make anything that can be used for military purpose?

I would hope we wouldn't continue supplying stuff that is causing a humanitarian disaster, and maybe have some safeguards in place that they weren't going to f**k over entire populations using our stuff.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

3 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I would hope we wouldn't continue supplying stuff that is causing a humanitarian disaster, and maybe have some safeguards in place that they weren't going to f**k over entire populations using our stuff.

so are you saying indy Scotland should never make any machines/equipment that in any way causes harm?

Just now, Jambo99 said:

so are you saying indy Scotland should never make any machines/equipment that in any way causes harm?

Nope. Selling weapons and training to a regime that uses them to get rid of civilians is a no no. Which is exactly what the UK is doing now. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Nope. Selling weapons and training to a regime that uses them to get rid of civilians is a no no. Which is exactly what the UK is doing now. 

thanks. at least there is a baseline. 

but any military causes outside that is fine. 

Innocent s being murdered, is ok. just the right innocents being murdered.

murder and death making a profit for indy Scotland is fine, as long as it is properly justifiable to you.

Edited by Jambo99

1 minute ago, Jambo99 said:

thanks. at least there is a baseline. 

I'd rather it wasn't the way, but defence is necessary. For everyone. It's 'offence' that I have a problem with. Which probably doesn't exactly marry up with my last statement. :lol:

That's what I was getting at though.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'd rather it wasn't the way, but defence is necessary. For everyone. It's 'offence' that I have a problem with. Which probably doesn't exactly marry up with my last statement. :lol:

That's what I was getting at though.

so are you saying indy Scotland ought to be 100% peaceful, and just ban any manufacturing that is linked to warfare and undemocratic use of technology, wether that be hardware or software?

1 minute ago, Jambo99 said:

so are you saying indy Scotland ought to be 100% peaceful, and just ban any manufacturing that is linked to warfare and undemocratic use of technology, wether that be hardware or software?

Clearly not. Did you actually read the post you replied to?

28 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Clearly not. Did you actually read the post you replied to?

In your utterly perfect, utopian indy Scotland, that is perfect and is impossible, you clearly will have safeguards. I mean, its so easy