BBC bias

On 11/09/2020 at 16:12, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I've put a complaint in - not that it will make any difference.

But moan about them not using the lyrics of Land of Hope & Glory and the servile c***s jump right away.

I'm seriously thinking of withholding my license fee.

I have as well. Actually the first time I can remember putting in a complaint about anything - be interesting to see if i get a response. 

3 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm honestly not sure why anyone is surprised about this. 

The Tories has worked relentlessly under Cummings/Johnston to remove what they believe is any resistance to their Grand Plan. The civil service and various government departments have come under the thumb and the BBC is the next obvious target. 

The appointment of Tory Boy as DG is going to change the way the BBC work. 

This gets cheered on by the right-wing press of course, so there's almost no way to stop it. 

It not that it’s surprising, it’s just that it’s much more blatant than anything before.  When they stop trying to hide the bias, is when you worry - it means they know they aren’t going to face any kind of sanction/trouble for it.

Sky News have been showing (live) sizeable chunks of these lunchtime briefings.

Anyone know if that's likely to continue or will they too have succumbed to Tory/Labour pressure?

Given that Covid now looks to be on the verge of galloping out of control again, it's surely more important than ever for all news media channels to keep their viewers/listeners informed. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Sky News have been showing (live) sizeable chunks of these lunchtime briefings.

Anyone know if that's likely to continue or will they too have succumbed to Tory/Labour pressure?

Given that Covid now looks to be on the verge of galloping out of control again, it's surely more important than ever for all news media channels to keep their viewers/listeners informed. 

I don't think that the Tories have the same hold over Sky as they do over the BBC. They won't care about that, in comparison with the BBC very few people get their news from Sky.

BBC One Show tonight - a unionist anti-devolution segment on how "confusing" it is having different rules in the devolved nations.

Seriously?

It's like complaining about following different driving rules when you go to another country - it's not as if people are constantly moving themselves between the devolved nations and England.

It is nothing more than an appeal to the thick as pigshit.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

BBC One Show tonight - a unionist anti-devolution segment on how "confusing" it is having different rules in the devolved nations.

Seriously?

It's like complaining about following different driving rules when you go to another country - it's not as if people ard constantly moving themselves between the devolved nations and England.

Notice the complaints are never that England doesn’t follow the other nations. No, it’s always, “how dare the last vestiges of the empire not do as we do?” The sad thing is the sentiment quite often comes from the more craven of the Scottish BritNats: “wee nippy just wants to make us unEnglish by doing things differently!”

Notice the complaints are never that England doesn’t follow the other nations. No, it’s always, “how dare the last vestiges of the empire not do as we do?” The sad thing is the sentiment quite often comes from the more craven of the Scottish BritNats: “wee nippy just wants to make us unEnglish by doing things differently!”

Spot on, the Scots Unionists are trundling towards NI levels of Brit Nat'ism. Funny thing is, outwith their bubble, nobody gives a f**k, especially not the English. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Seriously?

It's like complaining about following different driving rules when you go to another country - it's not as if people are constantly moving themselves between the devolved nations and England.

They've been pushing that for a while now. Sneering segments where they drag out descriptions of the slightly different rules in different nations with the overt or implied message of "this is ridiculous! So confusing! How did this happen?! Devolution LOL".

Today they interviewed a family with a lot of kids in Kent or somewhere and the father bemoaned the fact that he couldn't go to a restaurant with his grandkids in England but "we could if we lived in Scotland!".... I suspect the interviewer fed him that information and set up the soundbite.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Spot on, the Scots Unionists are trundling towards NI levels of Brit Nat'ism. Funny thing is, outwith their bubble, nobody gives a f**k, especially not the English. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You’re saying that the English don’t actually give a f**k about the loyalists? No matter how much they pledge allegiance and swear fealty on both knees?! Christ, it’s almost like they enjoy being servile jokes.

Edited by Antlion

You’re saying that the English don’t actually give a f**k about the loyalists? No matter how much they pledge allegiance and swear fealty on both knees?! Christ, it’s almost like they enjoy being servile jokes.

Pretty much this. I worked with this lassie from NI (no I have no pics), anyway she was a staunch bonfire blazing Yoon but you could have the craic with her. Anyway, I pointed out that when she walks into a bar in Glasgow, Manchester or wherever and speaks, everyone just calls her Irish. Because outwith her red hand gang in the north of Ireland, she is fucking Irish..
We agreed to disagree [emoji23]

8 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Pretty much this. I worked with this lassie from NI (no I have no pics), anyway she was a staunch bonfire blazing Yoon but you could have the craic with her. Anyway, I pointed out that when she walks into a bar in Glasgow, Manchester or wherever and speaks, everyone just calls her Irish. Because outwith her red hand gang in the north of Ireland, she is fucking Irish..
We agreed to disagree emoji23.png

Aye, I know a lassie born in Glasgow who travels every year to Belfast for whatever creepy celebrations they engage in over there. Any BRI’ISH event (VE day, a royal outed for pumping a minor, or getting married) and she’s all over Facebook with the bunting out, sharing pictures of her lonely garden parties peopled mainly by red-faced auld men. No idea where the staunch comes from but I’m assuming the Orange Order da who goes on the marches pretending he was in the military. I often wonder what her pals think of her (she’s in her twenties, works a regular carer job, is pretty much potless as far as being a privileged beneficiary of the glorious British state goes).

They walk among us (but seemingly only in Norn Iron and the west of Scotland; do they never question why none of the people they worship give a f**k about them? Reminds me of Willie in The Simpsons “cult” episode; even when the Movementarians are revealed to be bogus and the leader a fraud who doesn’t care about his followers, he rushes out crying, “WILLIE STILL LOVES YE, O GREAT ONE!”)

Edited by Antlion

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

We agreed to disagree emoji23.png

Hmmm.  I'd reckon if she walked in to a south Bucks gastro pub I'd have a better than random chance of spotting if she was a fellow pallet-burner.

We agreed to disagree [emoji23]
gtf

15 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Aye ye can just kinda tell eh

Silly post from you - surprisingly.  Identifying an accent from NI is not hard in most cases.  After that it's a 50/50 chance - hence my 'better than random' comment.

Edited by The_Kincardine