BBC bias

8 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Indeed I have now reached that age. Experience of suffering many years of disappointment with some interspersed joy , in following the Diamonds since 1956.  Age has helped me appreciate that there are many ways of looking at events but always being right. I only discovered P/B about 4 years ago and have enjoyed it enormously.

Many's the goal I saw at an Aberdeen v Airdrie match! I was only at Broomfield once, but thought it was a nice wee ground. 

(Somewhat similar to my experience of following The Dons since 1963, although I've probably experienced a lot more joy!)

Many's the goal I saw at an Aberdeen v Airdrie match! I was only at Broomfield once, but thought it was a nice wee ground. 
(Somewhat similar to my experience of following The Dons since 1963, although I've probably experienced a lot more joy!)
Lots of Aberdeen memories from losing by 8 in the cup, but winning a league Cup at Broomfield which Fergie called his worst loss. I also saw the Dons beat the Belgian team in that Semi final. A great time for Scots in Europe. I regret leaving Broomfield for the square boxes and hope you don't face that feeling when you move.

3 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:
1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Lots of Aberdeen memories from losing by 8 in the cup, but winning a league Cup at Broomfield which Fergie called his worst loss. I also saw the Dons beat the Belgian team in that Semi final. A great time for Scots in Europe. I regret leaving Broomfield for the square boxes and hope you don't face that feeling when you move.

I haven't been at Pittodrie since my father died - that's 11 years now - and I doubt I'll ever see the old place again, I've no call to travel that far north anymore.

I had thoughtsof when I retired I'd get one of those train tickets that gives you unlimited travel for a certain length of time and visit all my relations but even then I wouldn't have to go to Aberdeen, although if I do decide to do that I could arrange things for August/September and take in a match.

I haven't been at Pittodrie since my father died - that's 11 years now - and I doubt I'll ever see the old place again, I've no call to travel that far north anymore.
I had thoughtsof when I retired I'd get one of those train tickets that gives you unlimited travel for a certain length of time and visit all my relations but even then I wouldn't have to go to Aberdeen, although if I do decide to do that I could arrange things for August/September and take in a match.
Go for it

2 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Go for it

I'll think about it. I sort of half promised my wife that when the (not very big) pension pot came in, we'd go back to Benidorm one last time for an all inclusive holiday while there's still a chance of both of us getting health insurance, but maybe she's forgotten! (Unlikely, the forgetful part of her memory is very selective, in my experience! :))

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about bias but BBC4 is going baws oot to remind us all what a shower of c***s Russians are. 

But I don't think there is any link between recent events and descriptions of Russians eating their weans. 

No link my arse

• 1 month later...

Dont know if this is the right place (and frankly I dont even care as its going here anyway) but even the wife noticed this one last night on the BBC Scotland news from Sally Magnusson and an intrepid liar reporter.

"Fracking is banned in Scotland because Sturgeon said so" was the gist of what Sally was saying.  Cue a clip of Nicola saying last year that fracking was being banned (the emphasis here on the word "being") and then onto some reporter c**t stating "so as we see, Nicola Sturgeon has said fracking is banned".

Do the BBC know how the English language actually works and that words actually do have meanings?

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

"Fracking is banned in Scotland because Sturgeon said so" was the gist of what Sally was saying.  Cue a clip of Nicola saying last year that fracking was being banned (the emphasis here on the word "being") and then onto some reporter c**t stating "so as we see, Nicola Sturgeon has said fracking is banned".

Do the BBC know how the English language actually works and that words actually do have meanings?

Well she said it here clear enough  that it is  ,  cue  for some Yesser spin incoming.

32 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

She clearly said "fracking is being banned".

At the end of that clip she does say it is banned but the BBC didn't show that, they showed the "being banned" bit last night.

Fucking nuggets. Probably just shite journalism but still.

49 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

At the end of that clip she does say it is banned but the BBC didn't show that, they showed the "being banned" bit last night.

Fucking nuggets. Probably just shite journalism but still.

Never saw you as hysterical nitpicking BBCbad pedant Melanius, I'll blame it on the malign influence of your wife.

• 1 month later...