• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

Your desperation is genuinely quite funny

The most pot, kettle, black post in the history of p&b.

Doesn't Yousaf have a mobile phone that he could have used to call GMS?

I don’t think they know each other. Also, he was probably preparing for a game.

Look I don’t know if its bias or ignorance but even watching fucking crufts on channel 4, some mad relay thing with dogs and there was a team from Kilmarnock on it, every time they were on they said ‘Kilmarnock in Scotland’ but never felt the need to tell us Rochdale or Warrington were in England. Is it perhaps just ignorance rather than bias?

Look I don’t know if its bias or ignorance but even watching fucking crufts on channel 4, some mad relay thing with dogs and there was a team from Kilmarnock on it, every time they were on they said ‘Kilmarnock in Scotland’ but never felt the need to tell us Rochdale or Warrington were in England. Is it perhaps just ignorance rather than bias?
These places are much bigger than kilmarnock (in terms of population). Could be a factor.

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well now we can have a nice cup of tea and chat about whether bias, bigotry and ignorance are all one and the same.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The English audience probably think of Kilmarnock as "There be dragons." territory. Hopefully one of the new C4 hubs will be in Scotland and they'll get educated a bit. Still remember Alex Thompson's coverage of Rangers>Sevco, they're not always bad.

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
13 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

These places are much bigger than kilmarnock (in terms of population). Could be a factor.

Salisbury has a similar population but I guess most of us know that it's in England.  Especially now.

Yes that part is true, however even when its a tiny wee village somewhere they never feel the need to tell us its in England, just something i’ve noticed increasingly. Also the bad weather in Scotland wasn’t top of the national news however as soon as England was impacted and it eased off up here it’s all of a sudden the biggest story in town etc.

I see the shocking revelation that all media is inherently biased is still blowing people's minds.

I see the shocking revelation that all media is inherently biased is still blowing people's minds.

It’s not blowing my mind, it’s just something I find to be distasteful, we are supposed to be equals in a union but they can’t even pretend...

'Distasteful' or not the very nature of media and of reporting cannot ever be objective. 

'Distasteful' or not the very nature of media and of reporting cannot ever be objective. 

But if you think about it, if they really want to not push people towards indy they’d actually try and not act like condescending cnuts.

A mind-blowing assertion indeed.

A mind-blowing assertion indeed.

You know I think you make your wee snidey posts out of some kind of narcissistic need to express feelings of superiority over others. I posted a fair observation about something I perceive to be contributory to feelings of bias, similar to when Team GB in the Olympics etc are regularly referred to as ‘England’ by commentators and media pundits. If you don’t agree then thats perfectly fine, but really is there any need to be so snidey about it?

The initial post wasn't even a reference to you. 

ETA you're taking it well though.

Edited by Menzel

On 09/03/2018 at 22:00, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If you think somewhere with a name like Kilmarnock is anywhere other than Scotland then you’re a fucking thickcunt.

I always thought it sounded Irish...

On 09/03/2018 at 22:00, Melanius Mullarkey said:

If you think somewhere with a name like Kilmarnock is anywhere other than Scotland then you’re a fucking thickcunt.

http://www.britishplacenames.co.uk/alphabetically/k

Kildale, North Yorkshire

Kilgwrrwg Common, Monmouthshire

Kilhallon, Cornwall

Kilmeston, Hampshire

Kilmington Common, Wiltshire