BBC bias

Not sure if this is the place to put that, but I see that the BBC have issued guidance that they don't have to have a climate change denier to 'balance' viewpoints when they are talking about climate change.

46 minutes ago, Jambo99 said:

christ, please don't go on

I feel sick. 

Agree with this. Disturbing. You could say the same for anyone living outside London apart from the odd Corrie or Emerdale watcher.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, welshbairn said:

Agree with this. Disturbing. You could say the same for anyone living outside London apart from the odd Crossroads  or Emerdale watcher.

Everybody needs to watch River City,  documentaries about Glasgow, The Old Firm and Charles Rennie Mackintosh 100% of the time.

1 hour ago, Jambo99 said:

Everybody needs to watch River City,  documentaries about Glasgow, The Old Firm and Charles Rennie Mackintosh 100% of the time.

So, are you suggesting that our own TV producers are too hopeless and parochial to produce anything better, or that BBC Scotland (and by extension, the commercial channels that serve us) are not provided with sufficient funds to provide the range of programming we deserve?

I see that as a binary choice. If it's not, please provide a detailed explanation of your third option.

Edited by lichtgilphead

9 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, are you suggesting that our own TV producers are too hopeless and parochial to produce anything better, or that BBC Scotland (and by extension, the commercial channels that serve us) are not provided with sufficient funds to provide the range of programming we deserve?

I see that as a binary choice. If it's not, please provide a detailed explanation of your third option.

Have you ever tried not being a long-winded pointless c**t?

(secretly I know @lichtgilphead isn't capable of anything else)

Edited by Jambo99

I'm by no means a swivel eyed nat loon but that does sound like a pretty fair (if at times hyperbolic and overly emotive in design and delivery) assessment of current terrestrial broadcasting experience for people who live in Scotland. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that you point out the falws and your own counter position beyond sarcastic comments about river city and non-arguments about being sick. 

Edited by madwullie

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Agree with this. Disturbing. You could say the same for anyone living outside London apart from the odd Corrie or Emerdale watcher.

No you couldn't it's completely different. It would be the same for N.Ireland and to a lesser extent, Wales.