BBC bias

Just watching Politics Live on BBC2. Four panelists, one of whom is Kirten Oswald. As per every single time there is an SNP politician on, every other panelist is left to speak at length without interuption, yet every time Oswald starts to speak the host buts in within seconds and sets about challenging her. Its a westminster law they are discussing, yet its only the SNP MP who is repeatedly being asked to defend her contribution.  

Edited by Boo Khaki

47 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Just watching Politics Live on BBC2. Four panelists, one of whom is Kirten Oswald. As per every single time there is an SNP politician on, every other panelist is left to speak at length without interuption, yet every time Oswald starts to speak the host buts in within seconds and sets about challenging her. Its a westminster law they are discussing, yet its only the SNP MP who is repeatedly being asked to defend her contribution.  

God, she gets larger every time  she’s on.

Hope health isn’t her responsibility.

Did anyone notice the amplification of Rishi Sunak's lie at PMQ's by Reporting Scotland at lunchtime?

Sunak claimed that one of Stephen Flynn’s predecessors “did indeed work for Russia Today”.

The reporter added something like "Of course, Alex Salmond worked for Russia Today"

Here's Ecks take on the matter:

“I am not and never have been employed by Russia Today. I have no continuing relationship with Russia Today – financial or otherwise.

Slàinte Media is an independent Scottish production company in which I have a minority share. Slàinte was contracted to produce a political programme which was broadcast on Russia Today, and which I presented"

Impartiality? The BBC are f*cking shameless

ITV (Scottish branch) banging on about the FERRIEEEEEZ yet again. I've noticed a general pattern on social media. Whenever the Scottish Tories post their inevitable SNPbad story (usually some p1sh they've written in the express), STV pass it off as breaking news the next day.

BBC refusing to cover the Nadhim Zahawi story which seems strange considering he is Tory party chairman and former chancellor there seems to be a public interest to the story.

The Sun, The Mirror, Daily Mail, The Guardian, Independent and The National all covering the story so it does seem very strange the BBC won't touch it.

Yes, it's a rum one. A Google News Search suggests the last time the BBC mentioned Zahawi was when they faithfully reported his demands that oiks stop striking, and Labour cut its links with unions whose oiks are striking. About a month ago.

The story:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/15/nadhim-zahawi-to-pay-millions-in-tax-after-dispute-over-family-finances

3 hours ago, 101 said:

BBC refusing to cover the Nadhim Zahawi story which seems strange considering he is Tory party chairman and former chancellor there seems to be a public interest to the story.

The Sun, The Mirror, Daily Mail, The Guardian, Independent and The National all covering the story so it does seem very strange the BBC won't touch it.

Richard Sharp says "no".

3 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

Yes, it's a rum one. A Google News Search suggests the last time the BBC mentioned Zahawi was when they faithfully reported his demands that oiks stop striking, and Labour cut its links with unions whose oiks are striking. About a month ago.

The story:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/15/nadhim-zahawi-to-pay-millions-in-tax-after-dispute-over-family-finances

Yup, nothing since December. The Guardian's been covering the story for a while..

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/09/revealed-officials-raised-flag-over-nadim-zahawis-tax-affairs-before-he-was-appointed-chancellor

Meanwhile, back in the day..

FmlcMjDXEAAo6IH?format=jpg&name=medium

21 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Richard Sharp says "no".

All pals together..

Messages released to a select committee hearing into the lobbying scandal show that Cameron did in fact text Zahawi, at one point thanking him for being “v helpful” during his efforts to lobby the Treasury on behalf of Greensill. 

“Hi there. Well done with keeping going in the midst of all this. You’ve been v solid on the media. Lex Greensill – who I work with – says you are being v helpful over HMT and CBILS [coronavirus business interruption loan scheme] programme,” Cameron wrote.

He then asked Zahawi if it would “help if I pinged a message to Richard Sharp”, a former banker who is now an adviser to Chancellor Rishi Sunak.

The messages disclosed to the select committee did not show Zahawi’s reply. However, Cameron later sent a second message saying: “Ta. Will do. Can you send me his contact details? Keep going! D.”

I confess I'm not the greatest fan of the new Gender Bill but even so I was struck by how Huw Edwards described it when covering the story of the Westminster attempt to veto it. 'The Gender Recognition Act', he said, 'passed by Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish Parliament', as if wee Nic did everything Vlad-the-Pute style, and brought in a tame Parliament to rubber stamp it.

I think, btw, Sunak's Government may achieve something remarkable in Scotland in uniting many supporters of the act, many people with reservations, and many who oppose it.

18 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I confess I'm not the greatest fan of the new Gender Bill but even so I was struck by how Huw Edwards described it when covering the story of the Westminster attempt to veto it. 'The Gender Recognition Act', he said, 'passed by Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish Parliament', as if wee Nic did everything Vlad-the-Pute style, and brought in a tame Parliament to rubber stamp it.

I think, btw, Sunak's Government may achieve something remarkable in Scotland in uniting many supporters of the act, many people with reservations, and many who oppose it.

Exact same thing happened a few minutes ago, on BBC 2 Newsnight with Victoria Derbyshire.