BBC bias

On 27/09/2022 at 16:21, Dawson Park Boy said:

25% of all tax revenues come from the top 1% of the population.

90% of all tax revenues come from the top 50% of the population.

How much of the top 1%/50% ‘s wealth comes from and is protected by them living in a stable* democracy under the rule of law and with a skilled workforce at their disposal to exploit?

How much do you think James Dyson would be worth if he grew up in Mogadishu?

We all earn in partnership with wider society through the apparatus of the state. It’s not money they’ve earned exclusively through their own genius and hard work.

20 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

They've seriously lost the plot now!

Perfectly understandable news reporting. A ferry being a month or two late for completion is far more newsworthy than, erm, economic meltdown. At least the ferry will be strong and stable and have a rudder. 

BBC Scotland

"One of the two vessels being built for CalMac as part of a controversial ferries contract has been delayed until 2024, it has emerged.

The vessel, currently known as hull 802, was expected to enter service between October and December next year.

But Ferguson Marine Engineering has now said that the vessel will not be ready until the first quarter of 2024.

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Perfectly understandable news reporting. A ferry being a month or two late for completion is far more newsworthy than, erm, economic meltdown. At least the ferry will be strong and stable and have a rudder. 

BBC Scotland

"One of the two vessels being built for CalMac as part of a controversial ferries contract has been delayed until 2024, it has emerged.

The vessel, currently known as hull 802, was expected to enter service between October and December next year.

But Ferguson Marine Engineering has now said that the vessel will not be ready until the first quarter of 2024.

They’re preaching to a shrinking choir here. In reality, only a band of ranting extreme UKNats will pretend to care about ferries being delayed when the UK is ruining folks’ mortgages and savings, cutting services, reducing the pound to the value of old chip paper, and sending the price of food through the roof.

As much as the loyalist Beeb try to make people care about the Scottish governments’ handling of ferries (which only a tiny fraction of the population will ever even use), daily experience and worries about the UK government’s economic suicide will be on far more minds.

To be fair, remember all the coverage they gave to the stolen PPI money? It was front page for weeks and was constantly talked about.

Oh wait, absolutely none of that happened and they got off with it completely with barely any scrutiny.

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

They’re preaching to a shrinking choir here.

I really think this is the case. There will be people out there facing up to certain economic hardship. The scare stories of the last referendum can't be used again in light of what's happening right now. What will the arguments be next time? Never mind 'Greece without the sunshine", more like do you want to be like rUK but without the warm beer.

With the economy totally collapsing about us I'm glad BBC Scotland are still headling the months old story about the ferries  
As was the opposition (Tory) debate in Holyrood.
Then moved on to the "crisis" that is the SNHS.

3 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What collapse?

Debt to GDP- 2nd lowest in the G7

Inflation- same as  US and EU

Unemployment- very low.

I think you’re letting your imagination run riot.

Is there no end to your idiocy?

"Material risk" to UK financial stability. 

I appreciate that the board is now censored in the way that people can respond to this level of stupidity so you're going to continue to get away with this contrary trolling for as long as you care to continue. But f**k me ...

Screenshot_20220929-130037_Samsung Internet.jpg

17 minutes ago, HTG said:

Is there no end to your idiocy?

"Material risk" to UK financial stability. 

I appreciate that the board is now censored in the way that people can respond to this level of stupidity so you're going to continue to get away with this contrary trolling for as long as you care to continue. But f**k me ...

Screenshot_20220929-130037_Samsung Internet.jpg

Have a bit of faith mate, it'll work out.

13 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

BoE considered the mini-budget posed a material risk to UK financial stability? the IMF urged the UK to abandon plan to cut taxes and increase borrowing? Pah - they are just talking this country down!

The Bank of England are left wing and the IMF are always wrong about everything. Stop being so negative.

Victroria Derbyshire on Newsnight to Daniel Kawcynski "Every question I ask you are just ignoring so I'm just going to leave it there"

I'd have gone out and bought a TV licence in greasy notes with I❤️The Beeb written on each of them if she'd actually just binned him there and there instead of still giving the c**t more airtime. So close, so close. 

Today program : one in nine nurses left NHS  last year in England. The proportion wasn't much lower in Scotland.

Why not just say the proportions? 

I've checked the source and it's 12.5% in England and 10.7% in Scotland. That's a 15% difference. Is that "not much?"

Obviously the BBC is usually innumerate but heading off the possibility of an unfavourable comparison seems deliberate. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Today program : one in nine nurses left NHS  last year in England. The proportion wasn't much lower in Scotland.

Why not just say the proportions? 

I've checked the source and it's 12.5% in England and 10.7% in Scotland. That's a 15% difference. Is that "not much?"

Obviously the BBC is usually innumerate but heading off the possibility of an unfavourable comparison seems deliberate. 

or 1.8% difference in the workforce which isn't that much lower?