BBC bias

37 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Most of what she said is just stating the obvious about the BBC. Utterly petrified of upsetting the establishment in Britain so absolutely eats itself in fear. The total lack of reporting on the consequences of Brexit being the prime example.

9 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Most of what she said is just stating the obvious about the BBC. Utterly petrified of upsetting the establishment in Britain so absolutely eats itself in fear. The total lack of reporting on the consequences of Brexit being the prime example.

It shouldn't need to be said but it is important it is said.  As Maitlis says there is nothing at all unusual about government spin doctors calling the BBC to complain.  What is unusual is having the government position accepted and then parroted within hours of the complaint being made, the journalist or programme instantly launched under the bus and the chilling effect this must and demonstrably does have on other programming.

It is censorship, it is Mickey Mouse, tin pot banana republic stuff and you can tell from the exodus of talent, Sopel, Marr, Campbell, Goodall O'Brien etc that it is not an isolated incident. Leaving Brexit and Indy to one side. The Cummings to Barnard Castle and #Partygate stories were broken by the Mirror, months and months after they occurred. Imagine the damage that would have been done to the party and confidence in government (not necessarily desirable I admit) if in late March/early April 2020 we knew Cummings was roaming the country and on the day of Phil the Greeks funeral we knew No.10 was having a fucking Toga Party last night.

There is no fucking way journalists in the BBC and elsewhere didn't know about these stories almost as soon as they happened, #partygate in particular as we know some of the chief cretins from the Speccy and Torygraph were fucking well there and like the arrogant morons they are, told everyone about "wine time Fridays." And yet they did not for fear for their careers, or by editorial decree could not report without fear or favour.

I assume that to a degree it has always been the case that the BBC and UK Government had  a cozy relationship and tbh that does make sense and has advantages. The ability to communicate to the public in a public health emergency for example demands that. But here we have one of the most respected journalist at the state broadcaster saying that one party has the ability to screen journalists for roles, pass judgements on policy and determine the ability and way in which news stories are covered in pretty much real time. 

Meanwhile it does seem odd that the Sarah Smiths and James Cooks, still reeling from the awful way in which the dog whistled by the ESSENNPEENASSEES secessionist scum are stopping good honest BBC journalists from doing their work, are fucking silent on this. Isn't it?

ETA never mind Cook & Smith it's hard (not seen anything on twitter from the usuals) to find any Scottish journalist commenting on Maitlis's speech, which was made in Scotland. Weird isn't it?

Edited by williemillersmoustache

Good to see Emily Maitlis trying to bolt the stable door after the horse has run 22 races and been sent to the glue factory. Ah well at least she's stuck her head above the parapet and doesn't need to take her 40 pieces of silver from Auntie anymore. Her interview with the paedo and her haunted pussy line is still TV gold though.

58 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Good to see Emily Maitlis trying to bolt the stable door after the horse has run 22 races and been sent to the glue factory. Ah well at least she's stuck her head above the parapet and doesn't need to take her 40 pieces of silver from Auntie anymore. Her interview with the paedo and her haunted pussy line is still TV gold though.

I’m glad she’s stuck her head above the parapet, many wouldn’t.

3 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

TBF, how many of us would publicly slag off our employer while still relying on them to pay the mortgage?

12 hours ago, sophia said:

@Clown Job fancies Emily Maitlis

Pass it on 

For the purposes of this thread, are we pretending that Maitlis isn't a wid?

Asking for a mate (Clown Job).

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

TBF, how many of us would publicly slag off our employer while still relying on them to pay the mortgage?

For the purposes of this thread, are we pretending that Maitlis isn't a wid?

Asking for a mate (Clown Job).

I thought she had left the BBC. She was happy to present Newsnight when they were spouting lies about Scotland and sitting infront of a misrepresentation of commie Corbyn. I'm more than happy she's taking shots at the BBC but let's not kid on she's been fighting the good fight all along. Oh and she's a total Wid.

On 25/08/2022 at 07:26, williemillersmoustache said:

It shouldn't need to be said but it is important it is said.  As Maitlis says there is nothing at all unusual about government spin doctors calling the BBC to complain.  What is unusual is having the government position accepted and then parroted within hours of the complaint being made, the journalist or programme instantly launched under the bus and the chilling effect this must and demonstrably does have on other programming.

It is censorship, it is Mickey Mouse, tin pot banana republic stuff and you can tell from the exodus of talent, Sopel, Marr, Campbell, Goodall O'Brien etc that it is not an isolated incident. Leaving Brexit and Indy to one side. The Cummings to Barnard Castle and #Partygate stories were broken by the Mirror, months and months after they occurred. Imagine the damage that would have been done to the party and confidence in government (not necessarily desirable I admit) if in late March/early April 2020 we knew Cummings was roaming the country and on the day of Phil the Greeks funeral we knew No.10 was having a fucking Toga Party last night.

There is no fucking way journalists in the BBC and elsewhere didn't know about these stories almost as soon as they happened, #partygate in particular as we know some of the chief cretins from the Speccy and Torygraph were fucking well there and like the arrogant morons they are, told everyone about "wine time Fridays." And yet they did not for fear for their careers, or by editorial decree could not report without fear or favour.

I assume that to a degree it has always been the case that the BBC and UK Government had  a cozy relationship and tbh that does make sense and has advantages. The ability to communicate to the public in a public health emergency for example demands that. But here we have one of the most respected journalist at the state broadcaster saying that one party has the ability to screen journalists for roles, pass judgements on policy and determine the ability and way in which news stories are covered in pretty much real time. 

Meanwhile it does seem odd that the Sarah Smiths and James Cooks, still reeling from the awful way in which the dog whistled by the ESSENNPEENASSEES secessionist scum are stopping good honest BBC journalists from doing their work, are fucking silent on this. Isn't it?

ETA never mind Cook & Smith it's hard (not seen anything on twitter from the usuals) to find any Scottish journalist commenting on Maitlis's speech, which was made in Scotland. Weird isn't it?

Yawn. Keep your rants short mate.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The new look Sunday Politics, Laura Kuensburg wandering aimlessly around a minimalist set drawn by Quentin Blake and with a panel reviewing the news consisting of miscellaneous tory hackette, Basil Brush and Emily Thornberry.

The only significant takeaway was Joe Lycett gleefully trashing his reputation for reasons that I couldn't really fathom.

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The only significant takeaway was Joe Lycett gleefully trashing his reputation for reasons that I couldn't really fathom.

His "you may as well have interviewed Peter Andre rather than Rishi Sunak" line with regards to his chances raised a smile though.

Judging by the BBC scrolling news, I can see a prolonged Truss vs Sturgeon bitch-fight replacing Rooney vs Vardy in the hearts of the general public across the UK.

16 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Yawn. Keep your rants short mate.

quid quid praecipies esto brevis? A commendable if surprisingly from Cowdenbeath bit of Horace there.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It was all very very odd/shit. The presumably sarcastic whooping and cheering after Truss's interview, just fell flat. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Did he? He was absolutely being sarcastic throughout and brilliantly so. Was a superb bit of commentary.

You can see Kuennsberg getting more and more fucked off as she cottons on to what he's doing. This entire stinking situation is a dog and pony show and Lycett clearly treated it as such.

'I'm VERY right wing', 'I'm not being sarcastic at all Laura, I think Liz is great and clear in her answers'.

Emily Thornberry can't even bring herself to lift her head in case she corpses.

Edited by djchapsticks

14 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Few people are as precious when someone mocks their profession as journalists. Particularly laughable when it's shining a light on the absurd, emperor-has-no-clothes nature of British political commentary. 

They’re raging because he showed them all up when it comes to dealing with politicians 

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

They’re raging because he showed them all up when it comes to dealing with politicians 

During lockdown, because working from home meant I occasionally watched PMQs out of boredom. It was quite eye-opening to realise that the commentary and analysis of it by journalists on TV and Twitter never bore any relation to what I actually watched.

They demand to be treated with respect and seriousness by the public, while treating the whole thing as a silly game.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

His "you may as well have interviewed Peter Andre rather than Rishi Sunak" line with regards to his chances raised a smile though.

Judging by the BBC scrolling news, I can see a prolonged Truss vs Sturgeon bitch-fight replacing Rooney vs Vardy in the hearts of the general public across the UK.

It would be great if ultra rich midget Sunak devoted the next couple of years fucking up the woman that beat him for the top job.  He has f**k all to lose.

DO IT RICHIE!!!

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

f**k me now we have hard hitting analysis of the interview from JOE FUCKING LYCETT roaring her every word like a performing seal.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Unsure about who's whooshing who here.

4 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The new look Sunday Politics, Laura Kuensburg wandering aimlessly around a minimalist set drawn by Quentin Blake and with a panel reviewing the news consisting of miscellaneous tory hackette, Basil Brush and Emily Thornberry.

Before this crap I thought Johnson’s side piece had been binned by the BBC.  I should have known better.