BBC bias

Caught main BBC news & Distorting Scotland at lunchtime there. Some reporter live from Clydebank, and mention of Labour's majority on West Dunbartonshire Council.

If I recall correctly, two Scottish councils went from NOC to single party control. Why wasn't the other one mentioned?

Edited by lichtgilphead

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Paper review from the Fraser Nelsons of the Spectator and the GBeebies and former Labour MP and Brexit Jihadi Gloria de Piero. 

I thought Gloria was flirting through that piece, by repeatedly crossing and uncrossing her legs.

Fraser, professional as always, totally ignored her.

I used to wonder why the press were also so keen for the Liberals to be a thing at these elections, even though anyone of adult age who pays attention is well aware that it's the home of the Tory protest vote, which will come back to heel when the big-boy election comes round.

Feel a bit stupid for not working it out sooner.

Maybe not so much BBC bias as BBC - an arm of the state.  I was watching some old Eurovision schmaltz last night. Clodagh Rodgers appeared on it and I googled to see if she was still alive. Apparently she got the gig because:

"Rodgers was chosen by the BBC to be the United Kingdom's representative for that year, with the intent to ease tensions between Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Since when did a tv outlet decide that they'd base their light entertainment decisions on the basis of heavy duty politics/social unrest? Obviously didn't have a care in the world about the potential impacts. 

"Rodgers later said she received death threats from the Irish Republican Army for representing the United Kingdom at Eurovision." 

Arseholes then, arseholes now. 

Obviously didn't have a care in the world about the potential impacts. 
"Rodgers later said she received death threats from the Irish Republican Army for representing the United Kingdom at Eurovision." 
Arseholes then, arseholes now. 

She wasn't forced to take part.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
7 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:
I'm not sure about the point you are making. Are you suggesting that the death threats were in some way justified? 

No, I'm saying that the BBC aren't responsible for her receiving the death threats.

Ok thanks, fine. It seemed to me that you might have been blaming her, which would have been a pretty clear case of victim-blaming, in a 'serves her right' sense.  

Ok thanks, fine. It seemed to me that you might have been blaming her, which would have been a pretty clear case of victim-blaming, in a 'serves her right' sense.  
My word, no. I'd like to think I'd have been red dotted into oblivion for such an opinion.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Why do grifters like Fox get a national platform from the BBC?

f**k knows but I went through the BBC Scotland news timeline on twitter and I'm pretty sure that if the FM were in the US, they'd have mentioned it. 

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Why do grifters like Fox get a national platform from the BBC?

Well they that built that guest wing, dressing room, and green room for Nigel Farage back when they were promoting him. Might as well be put to use, and presumably Kate Andrews is busy hosting all the other potential chair-warmers at an IEA champagne party tonight.

9 hours ago, sophia said:

PPB from Murdo Rangers as an insert in Good Morning Scotland.

Breaking news.... The "lifelong" Rangers fan maintains his lifelong losing trend.

They should respect the result, focus on domestic issues and not try again for at least a generation.