BBC bias

4 hours ago, Cairn Terrier said:

There was no trial, he was shot dead.

My mistake. 

Point remains though, how is something that happens in the 4th largest city in the UK not 'national' news, when if the same thing had happened in some tiny town in the SE of England it would most definitely be on their 'national' page and not relegated to 'England' or 'Southeast' regional news.

48 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

My mistake. 

Point remains though, how is something that happens in the 4th largest city in the UK not 'national' news, when if the same thing had happened in some tiny town in the SE of England it would most definitely be on their 'national' page and not relegated to 'England' or 'Southeast' regional news.

It's Glasgow, if they covered every stabbing that happens there on the national news there wouldn't be time to cover any unexpected events.

Edited by strichener

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

My mistake. 

When it happened it was indeed the main story on the BBC.

Just like the dustbin lorry story, there were national journos covering it in spades.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

When it happened it was indeed the main story on the BBC.

Just like the dustbin lorry story, there were national journos covering it in spades.

I'm not disputing that, however, we get any development in the aftermath of attacks south of the border, so the London Bridge incident, Manchester arena bombing, Lee Rigby and so on, on the 'national' page, yet when it's the same for an event which took place in Glasgow, that is not 'national' news but regional.

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Not the BBC, but this made me laugh 

I’ve never heard a museum described like this before 

The figures say it all. 27k followers 9 likes and 175 comments laughing at him. Yet this is the sort of guy who'll be invited onto the tv and radio to platform his unnatural hate.

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The figures say it all. 27k followers 9 likes and 175 comments laughing at him. Yet this is the sort of guy who'll be invited onto the tv and radio to platform his unnatural hate.

Scotland’s media really is a national disgrace and an embarrassment. It’s like it’s frozen in time from about thirty years ago.

That name rings a bell. :lol:

A sheriff's son was cleared of breach of the peace yesterday after a shouting match with police - when he allegedly bragged about his father's job.

Police officers claimed that Graeme Cusine, 17, told them his father was a sheriff and that they could end up in court. Mr Cusine - the son of Sheriff Douglas Cusine - was then arrested after allegedly calling officers ''f*****g twats''.

However, he was found not guilty of breach of the peace at Stonehaven Sheriff Court

yesterday.

Grampian police constable Kenneth Callaghan, 37, said Mr Cusine had made comments to him early on a busy Sunday morning - such as did the police have nothing better to do. Constable Callaghan told the court: ''He basically told me that his father was a sheriff and that this could have an effect on my career, and also certainly gave me the opinion that this was a sort of protective shield around him.''

However, defence solicitor-advocate George Mathers, noted: ''You would know a sheriff, unlike in Sherwood Forest in days of yore, cannot sack you.''

Constable Callaghan said he advised Mr Cusine and a friend, John MacLeod, to go home. Constable Callaghan said: ''I was informed in no uncertain doubt that Mr Cusine could knock my head off.''

Constable Callaghan said he called for assistance from Sergeant Scott Bruce and that the friend, John MacLeod, was eventually arrested after singing a sectarian song. Sergeant Bruce said of Mr Cusine's comments about his father: ''He said he was a sheriff. He said all police were f*****g shit, he could have me up in court on Monday.''

Sheriff James Penman said the case for breach of the peace was not made out by allegedly saying ''f*****g twats'', and that Mr Cusine's earlier alleged comments, at separate times, to the two officers were not corroborated. ''My finding is one of not guilty,'' he said.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

lol wut?

This is the same Scotland that has a far fairer, more representative and more democratic voting system than the UK system? That Scotland?

• 3 weeks later...

Just me that is totally unsurprised the murder of Lukasz Czapla doesn't apparently merit a mention on the BBC's UK News homepage?

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes' death and the subsequent trial dominated the BBC's output for days, so I would have thought that a two year old child being violently murdered in a revenge attack by his own father might have at least been given one story slot, but no. 

Has the stench of yet another in a long list of examples of "News where you are..."

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Just me that is totally unsurprised the murder of Lukasz Czapla doesn't apparently merit a mention on the BBC's UK News homepage?

Arthur Labinjo-Hughes' death and the subsequent trial dominated the BBC's output for days, so I would have thought that a two year old child being violently murdered in a revenge attack by his own father might have at least been given one story slot, but no. 

Has the stench of yet another in a long list of examples of "News where you are..."

It was on my homepage in the BBC app.  

18 minutes ago, strichener said:

It was on my homepage in the BBC app.  

It isn't on the BBC News web homepage.

I think the app tailors what it shows depending on your preferences and region. The homepage has known to act up depending on which browser and DNS server you are using as well, but in this case it's not there in any form and is being reported purely on their regional pages, which is commonplace for events in Scotland when an identical or similar event south of the border gets the National (UK) homepage.

Edited by Boo Khaki

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The tories lost over 500 councillors across Great Britain. Labour gained over 100.

Elections 2022: No breakdown or big breakthrough in uncomfortable night for big parties

_112939924_laurakuenssberg.jpgLaura Kuenssberg

"big" the key word for Laura there. And a rather subjective application of breakdown. Apart from that perfectly sums things up for Laura/BBC

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

The tories lost over 500 councillors across Great Britain. Labour gained over 100.

Elections 2022: No breakdown or big breakthrough in uncomfortable night for big parties

_112939924_laurakuenssberg.jpgLaura Kuenssberg

I posted this one in the election thread yesterday. Lib Dems get the credit for gains since no one cares about them, but look here, Labour bad!

image.png.ad8a46e59554bfce8cac83bd70f1cdd3.png