BBC bias

On 18/02/2022 at 09:27, Salt n Vinegar said:

If Smith is worried about "bile hatred and misogyny" in Scottish politics, and considers that to be a reason behind her move to the US, one really must question the quality if her research before taking the job.  Just wait till she tries to have a rational discussion about women's fertility, climate change and election accuracy with southern Republicans. 

How many politicians in England have been murdered in recent years?

Someone chucked an egg at Jim Murphy 8 years ago and suddenly Scotland is the most vile and divisive country in the western world 

Edit: I’m still convinced political journalists seem to think they should be above any form of criticism. 

Edited by Clown Job

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness for the BBC I say - if you can’t see it’s worth you must have blinkers on - Nats, Tories, lefties all want it to spout their viewpoints.  I prefer it’s liberal agenda - it’s not perfect but a hell of a lot better than the alternatives 

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Thank goodness for the BBC I say - if you can’t see it’s worth you must have blinkers on - Nats, Tories, lefties all want it to spout their viewpoints.  I prefer it’s liberal agenda - it’s not perfect but a hell of a lot better than the alternatives 

seals applause GIF

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

- Disgusted, of Tunbridge Wells.

GMS's David Porter there - Westminster correspondent doubling up as UK Govt spokesperson.

If you didn't know any better, on the basis of his segment you would think there was in place an incremental co-ordinated strategic approach by the UK Government to taking in and giving refuge to thousands of fleeing Ukrainians. 

The BBC promotion about how it's all about shared expression and values really annoys me with the clip of Jimmy Reid talking about his union members sticking together, as if he was talking about the BBC.

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, HTG said:

The BBC has been slaughtering the Scottish Govt for the last week and then find out McColl's a liar. Fucked it again. 

It's all very well for dafties to unload on the Scottish Government with bilge but for the BBC to be getting so overt is worrying indeed.

Yesterday Douglas Fraser was holding forth and he repeated the criticism that the cheapest price wasn't accepted.

Any contract or procurement manager worth the name are predisposed to be circumspect at best with lowest offers.

Anyone involved in contract awards will know the range of influences when taking the final decision.

I was staggered by Fraser and from McCall's performance it was obvious that he was at it. 

He mentioned that he no longer supports Scotland being independent and given that is in no way germane to his mismanagement at Ferguson, I wondered about his motives.

3 hours ago, HTG said:

The BBC has been slaughtering the Scottish Govt for the last week and then find out McColl's a liar. Fucked it again. 

How have they got this so badly wrong, the BBC should be interrogating their sources better before making a story the lead for the best part of a week.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Clown Job said:

BBC HQ continue to run Brexit chaos stories and if you go on to the UK section of BBC News you will see some quite prominently positioned reports such as the one below.  

Therefore it is quite difficult to reconcile that with what basically is a piece of propaganda editing - if BBC Scotland see what BBC HQ is posting and commenting on in relation to Brexit and the continuing chaos and implications, then why should Reporting Scotland or BBC Scotland editorial go in a different direction which can only help the Scottish Tories (by masking yet another of their by (direct association) failures? 

It can only be politically motivated and editorial bias - what other explanation is there? BBC Scotland, out on its own to flight the good Tory (and Labour) fight.....  

Screenshot 2022-04-11 at 13.16.24.png

Another we example of the Anglocentric focus of BBC 'national' news today. The trial of the guy who killed David Amess has been all over the BBC 'national' news for days, understandably. The trial of the guy who ran amok stabbing folk in Glasgow? Nope, you need to f**k off to the 'Scotland' section before there's any hint of that.

Yet another of the perpetual instances of 'news where we are is news where you are, news where you are is not news where we are'.

Another we example of the Anglocentric focus of BBC 'national' news today. The trial of the guy who killed David Amess has been all over the BBC 'national' news for days, understandably. The trial of the guy who ran amok stabbing folk in Glasgow? Nope, you need to f**k off to the 'Scotland' section before there's any hint of that.
Yet another of the perpetual instances of 'news where we are is news where you are, news where you are is not news where we are'.

There was no trial, he was shot dead.