BBC bias

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I bet there are quite a few hacks terrified at party snaps being released showing they've been covering for Johnson for a year or more..

Nah. The vast, vast majority of people have no idea who they are. The only way the pictures will be published is if a member of the government is in them, and nobody will pay attention to the faceless nobodies in the background.

Also, tabloid hacks are a bunch of psychopaths who don't feel human emotions.

Ok, maybe not an example of bias, but certainly one of stupidity. 

BBC news are covering the "Bloody Sunday" commemoration service. They broadcast live the contributions by the Christians, and the reading out of a message of solidarity from the Jewish community but as soon as the Muslim dude started his contribution they cut back to a studio interview, then went back to a live broadcast of the laying of flowers. 

Now, I've made no secret of my view that all religions are daft, but even I regard that as a massive own goal. 

BBC news are covering the "Bloody Sunday" commemoration service. They broadcast live the contributions by the Christians, and the reading out of a message of solidarity from the Jewish community but as soon as the Muslim dude started his contribution they cut back to a studio interview, then went back to a live broadcast of the laying of flowers. 
Now, I've made no secret of my view that all religions are daft, but even I regard that as a massive own goal. 
How was Garry looking and did they do Harvest for the World ?

4 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

BBC Breakfast celebrating the fact that Kate (the posh bint incomer to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha cabal) has been declared the new patron of BRITISH rugby, both Union and League.  They then proceed to show a promo video featuring her apparently throwing a rugby ball to a variety of players from both the mens' and womens' english rugby teams in their strips.

A minor "slip" in the greater scheme of their ongoing bias, but they can GTF big time.  

8 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

BBC Breakfast celebrating the fact that Kate (the posh bint incomer to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha cabal) has been declared the new patron of BRITISH rugby, both Union and League.  They then proceed to show a promo video featuring her apparently throwing a rugby ball to a variety of players from both the mens' and womens' english rugby teams in their strips.

A minor "slip" in the greater scheme of their ongoing bias, but they can GTF big time.  

Princess Anne will batter her on Saturday

5 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

3bb76d86e7cb43ac74cd08cd2a1e5e2d.jpg
Call me a grumpy old leftie but I would consider the last story to be the more important one and in particular the one that will have most actual impact on peoples lives in this country than an old lady being reminded of the day her father died.

You're a grumpy old leftie!

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Call me a grumpy old leftie but I would consider the last story to be the more important one and in particular the one that will have most actual impact on peoples lives in this country than an old lady being reminded of the day her father died.

I don't think that's specifically the BBC, to be fair.

Bread and circuses. And if there's a problem with the bread, MORE CIRCUSES!

• 2 weeks later...

I like how she thinks because her dad was the Labour Leader and a unionist it’s somehow wrong to question her Impartiality

Her mum sits in the House of Lords FFS!

If that’s your household and you decide to go into political journalism of course people are going to question your motives. 

If Smith is worried about "bile hatred and misogyny" in Scottish politics, and considers that to be a reason behind her move to the US, one really must question the quality if her research before taking the job.  Just wait till she tries to have a rational discussion about women's fertility, climate change and election accuracy with southern Republicans. 

On 18/02/2022 at 09:27, Salt n Vinegar said:

If Smith is worried about "bile hatred and misogyny" in Scottish politics, and considers that to be a reason behind her move to the US, one really must question the quality if her research before taking the job.  Just wait till she tries to have a rational discussion about women's fertility, climate change and election accuracy with southern Republicans. 

Agreed 

Modern American politics is the very last place you would go to escape bile