BBC bias

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Got mine last Friday along with the flu jab, no letter, just phoned up the surgery on Wednesday to book it.

Strange you should say that. I asked if I could have my covid jab along with the flu jab.

I was told they don't recommend having both at the same time.

I hope you'll be okay.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Strange you should say that. I asked if I could have my covid jab along with the flu jab.

I was told they don't recommend having both at the same time.

I hope you'll be okay.

Didn't feel a thing, did you find your doctor in yellow pages?

Uv4p5pyVn5X89LNUBjHmprg4dIw=.gif

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Didn't feel a thing, did you find your doctor in yellow pages?

What's yellow pages?

I just registered with the local health centre which is almost on my doorstep. My GP is an English chap from Lancashire, but despite that he's absolutely fine. He's lived in the highlands for several years, likes beers from the Black Isle brewery, a keen golfer and a supporter of Scottish Independence.

What's not to like about that?

8 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What's yellow pages?

I just registered with the local health centre which is almost on my doorstep. My GP is an English chap from Lancashire, but despite that he's absolutely fine. He's lived in the highlands for several years, likes beers from the Black Isle brewery, a keen golfer and a supporter of Scottish Independence.

What's not to like about that?

Is he keen on homeopathy too? Just a bit off consensus to advise against having both vaccines together.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I've had flu ever since I got my flu jab last week - sore arm as well.

I never felt a thing and no after effects with the covid jabs.

From Googling it (I know!) it seems to be less to do with what you’re injected with than where they inject you. Too high up and it can hit a nerve, which seems to have happened with me. Unfortunately, Google also returns results which say it can be permanently damaged/painful - at which point I stopped searching…

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is he keen on homeopathy too? Just a bit off consensus to advise against having both vaccines together.

No, he's a doctor. It was a nurse who advised it's not a good idea to have covid and flu jabs at the same time.

Did you have pfizer or astrazeneca vaccine?

1 minute ago, ICTJohnboy said:

No, he's a doctor. It was a nurse who advised it's not a good idea to have covid and flu jabs at the same time.

Did you have pfizer or astrazeneca vaccine?

A load of nurses are antivaxxer maniacs, from what I read on twitter. Pfizer, vorsprung durch technik baby!

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A load of nurses are antivaxxer maniacs, from what I read on twitter. Pfizer, vorsprung durch technik baby!

I got the Vauxhall Astra one. I thought they would have been using all the same stuff up here. My partner got Pfizer, but she still lives in Englandshire for reasons known only to herself.

20 minutes ago, Antlion said:

From Googling it (I know!) it seems to be less to do with what you’re injected with than where they inject you. Too high up and it can hit a nerve, which seems to have happened with me. Unfortunately, Google also returns results which say it can be permanently damaged/painful - at which point I stopped searching…

Was it painful at the time or did the pain set in afterwards?

Sarah Smith could be off elsewhere also 

Laura Kuenssberg is in talks to step down as BBC political editor after six years and become a presenter on the Today programme as part of a major reshuffle of senior on-air staff, individuals with knowledge of the negotiations told the Guardian.

Although the deal has yet to be signed off and there is no confirmed timeframe, her departure would leave a vacancy in one of the most powerful positions in British journalism at a time when the government is still negotiating the future of the BBClicence fee and trying to shape its news agenda.

Kuenssberg’s tenure as BBC political editor, during which she has covered a febrile period of politics including the Brexit referendum and two general elections, has coincided with unprecedented scrutiny of how the BBC’s political journalism shapes the national news agenda.

She found a new audience by appearing on the Brexitcast podcast throughout the lengthy negotiations on the UK’s departure from the EU but also faced accusations of bias from across the political spectrum. In 2017, after concerns about her safety, she was forced to attend the autumn party conference season with a bodyguard.

BBC political editors are often moved to senior presenting jobs well ahead of general elections, enabling their successors to get used to the position before a vote is held. A move by Kuenssberg to the Today programme would leave the Radio 4 morning political show with six hosts, although some presenters have contracts to present more shows than others.

As part of the reshuffle of leading BBC journalists, Jon Sopel is stepping down as North America editor and returning to the UK. He is tipped to be replaced in Washington DC by Sarah Smith, the current BBC Scotland editor and occasional Today presenter.

Smith’s potential departure would in turn open up a vacancy leading national coverage of Scotland at a time when the corporation is perceived to need a prominent individual to show the BBC’s commitment to the country amid blunt criticism from the SNP government.

Sopel’s return to the UK also means he is now a candidate to be the new BBC political editor, having been connected to the job back in 2015. At that time the job instead went to Kuenssberg, who became the first woman to hold the position of BBC political editor.

One BBC individual who is not moving jobs is Andrew Marr, who has been given a fresh contract to continue presenting his eponymous Sunday morning political interview show. Sources suggested part of the reason for this is his work producing BBC programmes that will be broadcast when the Queen dies.

How to cover this inevitable and era-defining news story is increasingly playing a role in shaping the BBC’s planning for the next few years. Coverage of the end of the monarch’s life is due to be presented by the News at Ten host Huw Edwards, although he recently suggested he was considering his future as host of the corporation’s evening flagship show.

Working out how best to deploy on-air presenters as the BBC’s news operation becomes less focused on specific programmes will be part of the challenge for the BBC’s new head of news, with applications for that job due to close on Friday.

A BBC spokesperson said: “The North America editor role is currently being advertised internally and the role will go through the normal recruitment process; it’s a bit soon to start speculating about the outcome of this, let alone other jobs which aren’t actually vacant.”

Edited by Clown Job

The BBC have got strange ways of doing things.

One BBC individual who is not moving jobs is Andrew Marr, who has been given a fresh contract to continue presenting his eponymous Sunday morning political interview show. Sources suggested part of the reason for this is his work producing BBC programmes that will be broadcast when the Queen dies.

Presumably this is assuming the Queen dies before he does.

11 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

The BBC have got strange ways of doing things.

Presumably this is assuming the Queen dies before he does.

If that is in any way close to the truth, it is an absurd way of going about their business.

As for Marr, in light of Betty the stick taking to a hospital bed, he might consider updating their stock footage.