BBC bias

It's not an unrealistic assumption to make based on past behaviour. 
No, it's not, although assumption is a dangerous game. They were slated for it at the time and they will be slated for it if they do it again, so I don't see what the point is of slating them before they've even done it.

If this was the other way round, you'd be rightly shooting down the post for not even giving the SNP a chance to improve.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

No, it's not, although assumption is a dangerous game. They were slated for it at the time and they will be slated for it if they do it again, so I don't see what the point is of slating them before they've even done it.

If this was the other way round, you'd be rightly shooting down the post for not even giving the SNP a chance to improve.

I've defended the BBC on multiple times on this thread, but I don't think they have a leg to stand on re QT. I'd be delighted if they manage a balanced programme fairly reflecting the views of Glaswegians but I'd also be amazed.

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

What's the odds on orange jacket man appearing again? I haven't watched Qt for ages now but it's all too predictable. 

UK government will be let off the hook and it'll be one SNP representative outnumbered and a constant barrage of unsubstantiated claims about how poor the Scottish government is. 

The viewing figures for this must be on the slide.

Why would they use unsubstantiated claims about how poor the Scottish Government is when they can use plenty of factual examples.

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

On audience you may be right, although it's not ridiculous to assume the worst on repeated past performance, on only representing Scotland when in Scotland, we're already there. 

There's been quite a lot going on recently from Afghanistan, to supply chains, energy, labour shortages and Covid but we haven't seen the UKs 3rd party yet and it might be nice to have heard their views in a UK and not strictly Scottish context. 

I will be utterly seething if any of the panel have forgotten to wear their poppy. A strongly worded letter to both the Director General and the Daily Mail has already been drafted.

I see we're also doing Trans panic / Lavender scare stuff too. Very cool.

23 minutes ago, strichener said:

Why would they use unsubstantiated claims about how poor the Scottish Government is when they can use plenty of factual examples.

Because it's what they do, I think the Scottish government have made plenty of mistakes but the unionist position seems to be to throw whatever shit they can and hope it all sticks. 

I'd have much more respect for them if they stuck to facts rather than ranting about Nike conferences, ministerial codes and broken bridges.

Sarah Smith just saying on BBC News that the fall in Covid cases has taken experts in Scotland by surprise.   Really!!??

Obviously nothing then, to do with somewhat more stringent precautions in force here.

Also saying that there are problems in Scotland with the roll out of the booster jab which won't now be available until mid-November. So, less than a month away - I can live with that.

I can't understand why Smith continues to live in Scotland given that, thanks to the Scottish Govt, she seldom has anything good, or worthwhile to say about the place.

Sarah Smith just saying on BBC News that the fall in Covid cases has taken experts in Scotland by surprise.   Really!!??
Obviously nothing then, to do with somewhat more stringent precautions in force here.
Also saying that there are problems in Scotland with the roll out of the booster jab which won't now be available until mid-November. So, less than a month away - I can live with that.
I can't understand why Smith continues to live in Scotland given that, thanks to the Scottish Govt, she seldom has anything good, or worthwhile to say about the place.

What are the issues with the booster jag? I had mine two weeks ago. [emoji2371]

19 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

What are the issues with the booster jag? I had mine two weeks ago. emoji2371.png

Don't know if it differs from area to area - I got my winter flu jab last week, and asked when I would get my covid booster. They said I'd probably hear within a couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Isn’t she the Scotland correspondent?

Her reports ain’t meant to be for us

11 minutes ago, Antlion said:

On the subject of jags, I had my second about three months ago. It still feels like I’ve been punched in the arm when I raise it or lift weights. Am I going to die?

I've had flu ever since I got my flu jab last week - sore arm as well.

I never felt a thing and no after effects with the covid jabs.

20 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Isn’t she the Scotland correspondent?

Her reports ain’t meant to be for us

You're right, I forgot. Her reports are aimed at that silly country t'other side Hadrian's Wall.

They believe any old crap down there.

24 minutes ago, Antlion said:

On the subject of jags, I had my second about three months ago. It still feels like I’ve been punched in the arm when I raise it or lift weights. Am I going to die?

100%. The only thing that can stop you dying is being dead. 

Chances are that when it comes it will have nothing to do with your sore arm though. 

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't know if it differs from area to area - I got my winter flu jab last week, and asked when I would get my covid booster. They said I'd probably hear within a couple of weeks.

Got mine last Friday along with the flu jab, no letter, just phoned up the surgery on Wednesday to book it.