BBC bias

3 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I don’t follow this thread enough to know if you’re being serious, taking the piss or being tongue in cheek?

its both and neither, and if you complained, after a patronising ''sorry, we''ll take that onboard'' you'd be told you'd get that information on the bbc radio scotland/wales/ulster news

57 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

its both and neither, and if you complained, after a patronising ''sorry, we''ll take that onboard'' you'd be told you'd get that information on the bbc radio scotland/wales/ulster news

meanwhile Radio Scotland's sports bulletin regularly leads with English men's football news.

It's almost like there is a general acceptance that one of the partners is more equal than the others.

BBC Radio Scotland, "the line has dropped out " and an interviewee with something to say is lost to the country is so common that it is a surprise when an interview is completed.

This must be down to more than dodgy mobile phone signals or some such and whereas this is only tenuously associated with this thread, it is increasingly irritating and shows Pacific Quay in an amateur light.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

meanwhile Radio Scotland's sports bulletin regularly leads with English men's football news.

It's almost like there is a general acceptance that one of the partners is more equal than the others.

i can understand your grievance, but i actually pay very little attention to Scottish Football bar ''Off The Ball'' ,''Sportscene'' & sometimes Clyde's superscoreboard if the dog needs a shite. so telling me how Premier League result ended is very welcome news to me.

I want to know why the BBC is ignoring an absolutely disgraceful situation that has persisted in Scotland's capital city. 

We have been struggling along for over 5 months now without a Duke. Just think of all these Dukeish things that are being left undone, resulting in an appalling situation for the population.  The city is on its knees.  Rioting in the streets by crazed mobs chanting "we want a Duke". 

Something MUST be done! 

6 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I want to know why the BBC is ignoring an absolutely disgraceful situation that has persisted in Scotland's capital city. 

We have been struggling along for over 5 months now without a Duke. Just think of all these Dukeish things that are being left undone, resulting in an appalling situation for the population.  The city is on its knees.  Rioting in the streets by crazed mobs chanting "we want a Duke". 

Something MUST be done! 

Charlie is the Duke for now. He was given the title on the death of the old lizard.

I thought it would have gone to a democratic vote. 🤣

24 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Charlie is the Duke for now. He was given the title on the death of the old lizard.

I thought it would have gone to a democratic vote. 🤣

F##k sake. How's anyone supposed to know that? More discrimination! 

When old bat ears became Prince of Wales in 1969, there was a televised ceremony and 5 Stamps!  The new Chookie Embra didn't even get one stamp.  The country is going to the dogs, I tell you!  How's Chazza supposed to do both these crucial jobs at the same time? Who is he meant to support when Wales come to Murrayfield?

This won't end well. 

Andrew Marr: “Gas shortages, empty shelves, issues with frozen meat. Everything’s connected. We will attempt to join the dots.”*

*(whispers to self) “don’t say Brexit, don’t say Brexit, don’t say Brexit!”
It was beyond parody, utterly cringeworthy stuff this morning. It's all linked to everything and everything EXCEPT the actual underlying cause which they appear to be airbrushing from history. It's as if we were never part of the EU.

54 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It was beyond parody, utterly cringeworthy stuff this morning. It's all linked to everything and everything EXCEPT the actual underlying cause which they appear to be airbrushing from history. It's as if we were never part of the EU.

The gas shortages have nothing to do with Brexit.

Weve even had to fire up some coal fired power stations.

we rely too much on imports.

Who banned fracking?

Who has said ‘no more nuclear’?

Who is prevaricating over new oil finds?

Time we got real over energy, especially when the wind isn’t blowing.

14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Who banned fracking?

Energy is a reserved matter.

Better together.

Who banned fracking?
Correct and I didn't say it was. Brexit links in with the knock on effects in the food supply chain. There would be very little pressure on fresh produce if the EU market had been taking up that slack. To say empty supermarket shelves are the fault of a gas price rise is simply only conveying a part of the story and hence the BBC are guilty of that.

14 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

It’s not just the BBC who are avoiding mentioning the word Brexit either when discussing the cause of these issues 

STV are also at it

14 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Who banned fracking?

You can't really blame the SNP for UK energy policy. Lower energy bills were an explicit promise from vote leave and Boris Johnson himself during the referendum campaign. You love to point to the SNP "blaming Westminster" for everything, but you are pretty damn quick to do the same the other way when it suits.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

You can't really blame the SNP for UK energy policy. Lower energy bills were an explicit promise from vote leave and Boris Johnson himself during the referendum campaign. You love to point to the SNP "blaming Westminster" for everything, but you are pretty damn quick to do the same the other way when it suits.

I’m not specifically blaming the SNP but you have to admit, they seem to e in thrall to the Greens and the green lobby.

The UK government are much the same but I do have some hope that they will see sense. At least they haven’t stopped nuclear.

We need to have a broad based energy supply policy embracing coal, gas, oil, .nuclear and renewables.

Once our supply Is secure then you can talk about zero carbon.

Boris promises cheaper household gas bills if Brits back Brexit – The Sun

BORIS Johnson and Michael Gove today promise to scrap VAT on household energy bills if Britain backs a Brexit.

In the first cash sweetener of the EU Referendum campaign, they argue that leaving the EU will allow ministers to bin the "unfair and damaging" £2 billion a year tax on gas and electricity prices.