BBC bias

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

How stupid do you have to be to not understand that the Sturgeon case was on the news for days on end (despite being innocent) and the many, many Tory ministerial breaches went largely unreported is because the BBC is biased?

This guy...

I'm a bit bemused that the BBC apparently thinks that Nicola Sturgeon's sister being arrested at her home is seemingly a story worthy of a spot on the UK national news site, not only that, but headed not with a picture of Gillian Sturgeon, but of Nicola Sturgeon herself.

Anyone else here had their face splattered all across the media as a result of one of their relatives being arrested for a matter that you were completely uninvolved with?

On 14/08/2021 at 19:15, Boo Khaki said:

I'm a bit bemused that the BBC apparently thinks that Nicola Sturgeon's sister being arrested at her home is seemingly a story worthy of a spot on the UK national news site, not only that, but headed not with a picture of Gillian Sturgeon, but of Nicola Sturgeon herself.

Anyone else here had their face splattered all across the media as a result of one of their relatives being arrested for a matter that you were completely uninvolved with?

For years reality TV shows with the name "celebrity" in them have had ex-wives, siblings, parents and children of actual celebrities in them. This somehow makes them celebs in their own right.

Gordon Ramsay's daughter is in the new series of Strictly. Why? Because she has a famous dad. 

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Surely it’s a UK tax increase and Scotland will get its share via Barnett?

Johnson said in his ramble that Scotland would get its share, in fact he said that more would go to Scotland than it raises (15% more as I remember it). Which once again begs the question, if we consistently get more from the Union than we put in, why is the UK govt so keen to stop Independence?

Edited by Soapy FFC

Laura on the BBC 10 o'clock news, saying that now Brexit is in the rear view mirror, Johnson can now maybe focus on the next election!!

And the report showed comments from the woman in Manchester who was on BBC breakfast this morning, and strangely enough her comments about brexit are no longer there.

Laura on the BBC 10 o'clock news, saying that now Brexit is in the rear view mirror, Johnson can now maybe focus on the next election!!
And the report showed comments from the woman in Manchester who was on BBC breakfast this morning, and strangely enough her comments about brexit are no longer there.
Saw that. She was all over twitter blaming Brexit and it was immediately noticeable that any mention of Brexit had been cut.

11 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
39 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Saw that. She was all over twitter blaming Brexit and it was immediately noticeable that any mention of Brexit had been cut.

Was there ever any doubt that the BBC would do anything other than their lords and masters ordered? “Brexit” is now unmentionable by all dwelling in Tory pockets.

15 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
16 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/trader-blames-brexit-for-soaring-price-of-fish-but-bbc-edits-it-out-290736/

I know this is minute in the grand scheme of things and compared to the other examples on this thread but this type of thing really boils my piss.

The sport on Radio 2 news this morning - England ladies start their World Cup qualification campaign tonight against North Macedonia - end of report. Would it really have been difficult to mention that the other three nations which make up this wonderful union of equals are also playing tonight?

It’s like they’ve given up even trying to pretend to be the “B”BC.

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

I know this is minute in the grand scheme of things and compared to the other examples on this thread but this type of thing really boils my piss.

The sport on Radio 2 news this morning - England ladies start their World Cup qualification campaign tonight against North Macedonia - end of report. Would it really have been difficult to mention that the other three nations which make up this wonderful union of equals are also playing tonight?

It’s like they’ve given up even trying to pretend to be the “B”BC.

i'm sure your regional station would inform you of that