BBC bias

Guest Bob Mahelp
14 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I thought he was well entitled to mention it. 

12 hours ago, strichener said:

Was he wrong?  It isn't bias pointing out facts.  Your complaining about it makes you sound like a child.

You both seem confused. He wasn't pointing out 'facts', he was voicing nothing more than an opinion. If I could be bothered, I would spend 60 seconds to make a whole list of ways the SNP have improved the NHS, which most certainly isn't 'nothing'. 

If he'd worded the question as.... 'some would say that in 14 years you've done nothing and that it's flatlined, what do you say to that ?', then that would have been fine. 

Beattie though fell into the trap of believing that he's a hard-hitting expert interviewer....he's not.....and that to come across as assertive he has to word his question in the form of a negative statement that ultimately betrays his bias. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You both seem confused. He wasn't pointing out 'facts', he was voicing nothing more than an opinion. If I could be bothered, I would spend 60 seconds to make a whole list of ways the SNP have improved the NHS, which most certainly isn't 'nothing'. 

If he'd worded the question as.... 'some would say that in 14 years you've done nothing and that it's flatlined, what do you say to that ?', then that would have been fine. 

Beattie though fell into the trap of believing that he's a hard-hitting expert interviewer....he's not.....and that to come across as assertive he has to word his question in the form of a negative statement that ultimately betrays his bias. 

Beattie believing he's hard-hitting, that's just utter twaddle.

This independence stuff needs to be done and dusted this time regardless of the outcome, we're all just accepting any old shite if we're on a side and it's getting us nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I don't think Beattie is getting his contract at the BBC renewed.

That might be why he's been soft on Yes for a number of weeks. 

Edited by ayrmad

28 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Beattie believing he's hard-hitting, that's just utter twaddle.

This independence stuff needs to be done and dusted this time regardless of the outcome, we're all just accepting any old shite if we're on a side and it's getting us nowhere. 

'This independence stuff? Needs to be done and dusted? So after the election regardless of the result we are just to forget all independence?

12 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I don't notice imbalance when Beattie is involved, he's the only one from the BBC that tries to play fair. 

Others would have talked over her last point or not allowed her to say her piece, so it's flatlined, No we're upping our spending from £50m to £100m, felt like a wee tap in to me. 

You are aware he's a massive Killie fan?

Just now, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

'This independence stuff? Needs to be done and dusted? So after the election regardless of the result we are just to forget all independence?

No, if we have a majority we use whatever route the SNP have identified, if we don't get a majority then we stop asking for a mandate at every election unless it's seriously worthwhile. 

I posted this in the Tory Corruption thread but I'll make a separate post here to reflect on Laura Kuenssberg's analysis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56743426

"For people critical of the way these things are handled, the news about Bill Crothers is another piece of damning evidence that the rules aren't tight enough."

"Labour see this as real ammunition in a broader political attack on the Conservatives that they are trying to build"

"There is also a wider consensus that the systems meant to guard against all of this are not strong enough."

Is she having a laugh? Never mind rampant corruption and cronyism, Laura thinks it's just the rules aren't tight enough and Labour are just looking for ammunition. Yes it looks bad, but let me limit the damage.

I posted this in the Tory Corruption thread but I'll make a separate post here to reflect on Laura Kuenssberg's analysis.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56743426
"For people critical of the way these things are handled, the news about Bill Crothers is another piece of damning evidence that the rules aren't tight enough."
"Labour see this as real ammunition in a broader political attack on the Conservatives that they are trying to build"
"There is also a wider consensus that the systems meant to guard against all of this are not strong enough."
Is she having a laugh? Never mind rampant corruption and cronyism, Laura thinks it's just the rules aren't tight enough and Labour are just looking for ammunition. Yes it looks bad, but let me limit the damage.
Boris could be caught on camera robbing a bank and she would see nothing.

[emoji85]

Borus could be caught on camera robbing a bank and she would see nothing.

[emoji85]
Shes a fanny. Best ignored

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

There’s a part of me that admires the absolute determination of the Tory Party isn’t striving to meet its objectives.

I would like a left-of-centre political party in a post-Independence Scotland to go hell for leather in implementing their manifesto and ignoring the optics.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Correct.

The good guys are standing up.

Given that you greenied this post, it’s bad to be racist towards English folks, but systemic racism towards Black folks is OK? What’s your stance on Black English people?

1A54BF13-AEFE-4729-988C-7A37E877FC70.png