BBC bias

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

So where's the big headline BJ misleads parliament, BJ should resign????

Probably been posted on here before but I'm now convinced BBC stands for Boris Broadcasting Company.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, Saltire said:

You did say "nothing" tbf.

Not aiming this at yourself but I always find it funny on Twitter when people link news articles from MSM sources and say "Why is nobody talking about this" - 500k RTs 1M likes. 

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
13 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I agree, the headline totally understates the magnitude of the offense. The BBC is the Tory Party on air.

Of course, I'm certain not every employee agrees with the corporate line.

Cleaning the flat and I chucked on the radio. Was tuned to BBC Scotland.

They discussed the Salmond Enquiry and one of the guests, Murray something, is quite the yoon and had some pretty hot takes, including:

- Sturgeon was utterly unconvincing 

- Sturgeon was lying throughout 

- Sturgeon broke the ministerial code multiple times

- It was a disgrace that SNP members were Tweeting about the enquiry as it was ongoing

- The claims of new members from the SNP are lies

Edited by DA Baracus

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Cleaning the flat and I chucked on the radio. Was tuned to BBC Scotland.

They discussed the Salmond Enquiry and one of the guests, Murray something, is quite the yoon and had some pretty hot takes, including:

- Sturgeon was utterly unconvincing 

- Sturgeon was lying throughout 

- Sturgeon broke the ministerial code multiple times

- It was a disgrace that SNP members were Tweeting about the enquiry as it was ongoing

- The claims of new members from the SNP are lies

Moray MacDonald, a PR guy (i.e. a w****r in my book) I think he's a former director of the Scottish Tories although he said he was going to vote "Yes" back in 2014.

He's usually on. I think Angela Haggerty is the token Nat and the third guy is usually some grey pondlife.

On 04/03/2021 at 16:11, Leith Green said:

Its the second time in 12 months that Sarah Smith has had to apologise thru gritted teeth about something she said about Nicola Sturgeon. An apology via her rarely used bbc twitter account to do it tells us all we need to know.

She didn't apologise, she never even acknowledged her mistake. She clarified that Alex salmond didn't say that Nicola sturgeon should resign. 

An utterly pathetic response.

She didn't apologise, she never even acknowledged her mistake. She clarified that Alex salmond didn't say that Nicola sturgeon should resign. 
She was pulled up for on her Twitter - tweets with the full quote.

She stopped Tweeting after 26 February - almost a week - too fucking embarrassed to show herself.

8 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Somebody should send her a copy of this :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/impartiality-measures

The BBC also has almost no coverage of the unlawful withholding of UK government contracts for PPE. It was there in the politics bit yesterday but has inexplicably disappeared.

The Salmond / Sturgeon affair? On the first page of the UK politics edition yet again...................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

The BBC also has almost no coverage of the unlawful withholding of UK government contracts for PPE. It was there in the politics bit yesterday but has inexplicably disappeared.

The Salmond / Sturgeon affair? On the first page of the UK politics edition yet again...................

Or Johnson lying to parliament.

2 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

I've said this before but it's absolute nonsense that you should be able to issue a "correction" on Twitter for a "mistake" made on the flagship news programme.

I've said this before but it's absolute nonsense that you should be able to issue a "correction" on Twitter for a "mistake" made on the flagship news programme.
Any apology should be given the same prominence as was seen fit for the lie being told. Front page for front page.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

And so it goes on. An update on the Scottish Parliament Inquiry will be presented on this morning's Andrew Marr Show by, yes, you've guessed it, Sarah Smith.

Where she suggested that a SNP majority in a system designed to prevent same, might not be enough for underpinning a referendum.