BBC bias

Just caught the end of Mastermind tonight. Contestant Connie was asked the following question: 

"In 2020 Jackson Carlaw was elected leader of  the Scottish branch of which UK  political party?"

Not surprisingly she like so many others had no idea, but how did that "branch" comment escape BBC notice?  

14 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Radio Scotland has given up any pretence of neutrality.  DRoss getting headlines every time he opens his yapper.

Correct, and John Beattie, on yesterdays show, has come out giving Ross plenty airtime and backing him up.

Beattie's BBC contract must also be up for renewal.

On 31/01/2021 at 14:28, Mark Connolly said:

Tremendous effort from Pat Nevin on fighting talk yesterday. Attempted to pass it off as deliberate trolling of “cybernats” in the podcast extra

Aye right.

Don't worry Pat your BBC bosses will be pleased you have come out as anti Independence and your contract renewal and raise will be assured.

Couldn’t help notice that the 10am fluff this morning gave an interview to a toffee nosed Tory member of what was introduced as the Union “Taskforce”, who was given time to declare that we wouldn’t have a currency or an army without the glories of UK nationalism. The presenter ended by saying, “I’m sure if they (independence advocates) were here they’d say something different”. How’s that for balance!

Edited by Antlion

14 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Couldn’t help notice that the 10am fluff this morning gave an interview to a toffee nosed Tory member of what was introduced as the Union “Taskforce”, who was given time to declare that we wouldn’t have a currency or an army without the glories of UK nationalism. The presenter ended by saying, “I’m sure if they (independence advocates) were here they’d say something different”. How’s that for balance!

😂😂😂

On 02/02/2021 at 09:29, SandyCromarty said:

Correct, and John Beattie, on yesterdays show, has come out giving Ross plenty airtime and backing him up.

Beattie's BBC contract must also be up for renewal.

Other being a posh ex rugger jocko what reason is there for John Beattie to front a national radio news programme ? He is almost laughably unsuited to that role. Almost an insult to mince to call him.thick..

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Other being a posh ex rugger jocko what reason is there for John Beattie to front a national radio news programme ? He is almost laughably unsuited to that role. Almost an insult to mince to call him.thick..

Would love to know your definition of ‘posh’?

Don’t come across the word ‘rugger’ being used much nowadays.

I think you suffer from an inferiority complex. The Scottish cringe at its very  worst!

I waited on his table one time and him and his mates were a bunch of ignorant twats. This doesn't impact on whether he's biased or not but i wanted to get it off my chest. 

I heard him talking about drugs earlier and it was hilarious. 

I only hear non football Radio Scotland when I am in my Dad's car and the consistent thing is no matter the topic or the presenters they don't have a fucking clue. 

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think you suffer from an inferiority complex. The Scottish cringe at its very  worst!

It very often precedes the word bugger.

I much prefer egg chaser personally but football fans have always had several nicknames for those who prefer the oval ball. Rugger is a fairly common mildly derogatory colloquialism

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
10 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Hancock got found guilty of breaking the law yesterday but it doesnt even get a mention but the kardashians getting a divorce does 

Are you suggesting westminster controls the BBC news output?

Dearie Me, that's a treasonable suggestion .

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Hancock got found guilty of breaking the law yesterday but it doesnt even get a mention but the kardashians getting a divorce does 

Really?

That's such a disgrace, I know there's a lot wrong in the world right now but I can't believe that's snuck under my radar.

More people need to know about this. 50% of divorces in 'Murcia end in divorce, if it can happen to a Kardashian it could happen to you.