BBC bias

59 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yet more imbalance on today's Andrew Marr show. Full-on right-wing journalist Camilla Tominey ' balanced' by Vikki Young, a BBC staffer who is completely constrained by what she can say. 1-0 win to the Friends of Johnson.

Plus wheeling out Gordon Brown (as usual) to tell us all how awful Indyref2 would be, without anyone to make a counter argument.

2 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

It must have been time for them to charge up and wheel oot auld Yoon Toom Tabard again for his occasional Broontervention.gordon brown battery GIF

I wonder how much license payers’ money went on feeding the old jake downers to keep his jaw-chewing to a minimum.

682FBD4D-1B3D-49D9-A8B1-B663DF085549.gif

Edited by Antlion

Laura can hardly contain her excitement. Nine tweets in the last forty minutes about Corbyn.

How is she even a journalist? She questions nothing and is a total mouthpiece for anything the government says. It’s quite embarrassing she’s in the position she’s in. I’ve no time for the BBC but you’d at least expect them to pretend to do their job and hold the government to account.

15 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Watching QT for the first time this year. Even when they’re on webcam, the audience plants still keep their hands up when asking their questions.

Used to be compulsive viewing for me once upon a time.

Now avoid it like the plague.

14 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Used to be compulsive viewing for me once upon a time.

Now avoid it like the plague.

You’re right to do so. Tory Fraser Nelson using his Swinson accent to claim that the SNP are evil toormentoors of the pewr, followed by Tory James Cleverly spitting venom (mixed apparently with some of “Boris’s” semen) about how the master loves devolution and the SNP are currently starving drug addicted children to death. Highlight was the minister lady comparing Scotland to a teenager who wants to fly. She meant well.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

You’re right to do so. Tory Fraser Nelson using his Swinson accent to claim that the SNP are evil toormentoors of the pewr, followed by Tory James Cleverly spitting venom (mixed apparently with some of “Boris’s” semen) about how the master loves devolution and the SNP are currently starving drug addicted children to death. Highlight was the minister lady comparing Scotland to a teenager who wants to fly. She meant well.

I've got a dreadful confession to make.

Thanks to your previous post I'm now watching the shitfest on catch-up.

How sad is that?

7 hours ago, sophia said:

BBC radio Scotland have claimed that Diego Maradona was most famous for a goal against England.

I'm not at all sure that everyone in Napoli or Buenos Aires would necessarily agree with this quite curious take.

Indeed...what a strange outdated anglocentric world the corporation appears to exist in at times.

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Indeed...what a strange outdated anglocentric world the corporation appears to exist in at times.

You would expect it from BBC Anglia and the thickest there might have their historical disappointment somehow assuaged but there is no excuse for a similar editorial line from Glasgow.

I fear that, heaped upon a previous partisan outlook, we now have an editorial and intellectual deficit that will continue to disappoint those who would wish for better.