BBC bias

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Feels Good Man?

No no no, feels bad man..

I remember early internet days seeing that meme used in a funny/positive way and then ignored it til recently when I realised it had become a symbol of right wing hate speech and was fully of the opinion that it's just a frog but it is crazy how much that meme became a staple for far right nutjobs. 

The poor man that created Pepe is such a down to earth wholesome guy, such a shame. 

6 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Anyone watched the documentary on Pepe the frog and the way it became a hate symbol? Very interesting watch. 

Well that was fucking depressing. Californian hippy's innocent cartoon gets hijacked by prankster teenagers, then by serious people wanting to put a maniac in power. The happy ending of Hong Kong teenagers using the frog as a symbol of hope hasn't gone well. No idea what the crypto currency bit was about, presumably a half arsed spoof. Hope the creator manages to sell some of his T-shirts on Ebay out of it, and he got some serious cash out of Alex Jones. He'll need it as I can't see him having a career in cartoons.

P.S. Pepe reunion..

Edited by welshbairn

No no no, feels bad man..
I remember early internet days seeing that meme used in a funny/positive way and then ignored it til recently when I realised it had become a symbol of right wing hate speech and was fully of the opinion that it's just a frog but it is crazy how much that meme became a staple for far right nutjobs. 
The poor man that created Pepe is such a down to earth wholesome guy, such a shame. 

The documentary makers were on Chapo and Q-Anon Anonymous and gave a good account of it. I’ll probably watch it at some point.

28 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I've linked this before but it still is for me the best encapsulation of that shift from silly memes online to real world fascism that happened about 10 years ago

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v41/n04/patricia-lockwood/the-communal-mind

That took me like 20 minutes to read and I barely even understood it, it was like lofty slam poetry about browsing the internet. 

50 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

New Twitter rules for BBC staff

I know the new boss is supposed to be right wing but I didn't expect him to use alt right catchphrases like "virtue signalling" in official communiques.

Guest Bob Mahelp
8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I know the new boss is supposed to be right wing but I didn't expect him to use alt right catchphrases like "virtue signalling" in official communiques.

The new 'social media rules' are nothing more than the right wing coup that the Tory media have been screaming for, for years now. 

Normal, decent things such as diversity, inclusion and equal rights are now being pigeon-holed as controversial and biased, and as such BBC journalists are forbidden from expressing support. 

It should chill us all that the new DG of the BBC believes that LGBT and Pride marches are 'controversial events', due to 'growing opposition to trans rights from politicians and the media'.

This is horrific stuff. 

42 minutes ago, Detournement said:

As I said on the Corbyn thread we are sleepwalking through a crazily reactionary period.

The recent bills concerning war crimes abroad and illegal domestic operations sum up exactly where we are.

I don't know if sleepwalking is the right word.

There's about 40% of the country actively cheering this on.

11 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

Nice to see Brian Taylor retiring. One less SNP mouthpiece. Getting rid of Burnside, Forsyth, O’Neill and Cosgrove also, might just balance things out a little bit. BBC Radio SNP still has long way to go though. 

This is like when Ben Shapiro called Andrew Neil a lefty.