BBC bias

I haven't seen BBC Shortbread news recently. Did they go big on the polling for Yes story? 

STV did something on it which was relatively balanced. 

I'm interested in the approach the unionist media (ie almost the entire media) takes when they realise they are now the minority view. 

I haven't seen BBC Shortbread news recently. Did they go big on the polling for Yes story? 
I'm interested in the approach the unionist media (ie almost the entire media) takes when they realise they are now the minority view. 
BBC News had it pretty near the top of the Glengarry section of the website yesterday. No doubt it'll be mentioned in passing through gritted teeth at some point on the TV.

48 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

There was a good piece on The Nine last night with Prof J Curtice and Good Morning Scotland has a wee debate slot with Blair Jenkins and (I think) Pamela Nash.

All fairly balanced and Pamela Nash, if indeed it was she, was flailing about with words, lots of obfuscating words whilst Jenkins was keeping a lid on his delight.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Why would a poll be big news. Well if it were to be the minority view then I'm sure we would find out! 

The BBC is a fine organisation, everyone from all sides call it bias, I'm just hoping Trevor Phillip's gets the chairman gig, a nice intellectual Unionist in charge, would be lovely. 

10 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Why would a poll be big news. Well if it were to be the minority view then I'm sure we would find out! 

The BBC is a fine organisation, everyone from all sides call it bias, I'm just hoping Trevor Phillip's gets the chairman gig, a nice intellectual Unionist in charge, would be lovely. 

its the polling pattern and also the proportion of those now in favour of indy that is newsworthy. It was covered on most UK news outlets yesterday so that would kind of confirm it. 

I would say that very few people actually care who "runs" the BBC now - your good-self excluded of course. 

8 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

its the polling pattern and also the proportion of those now in favour of indy that is newsworthy. It was covered on most UK news outlets yesterday so that would kind of confirm it. 

I would say that very few people actually care who "runs" the BBC now - your good-self excluded of course. 

It's the proportion of those that were polled think. Aye i can imagine a little 10 second segment at the end, the other guy thought it should be big news for the BBC... 

Nah I don't really care, good guy though. 

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

It's the proportion of those that were polled think. Aye i can imagine a little 10 second segment at the end, the other guy thought it should be big news for the BBC... 

Nah I don't really care, good guy though. 

wouldn't say the proportion of those polled was newsworthy. Ipsos Mori are a credible source and therefore the sample size would very likely have been 1000 with no loaded questions or a sample group with a particular vested interest. Of course the whole polling process has been questioned of late but that's a debate for another place (or presumably been covered in some other thread on here)/ 

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

They should care.  Nowadays Question Time is total crap because of the person who is in charge of it.  A big fan of Nigel Farage.

It would be a shame if more and more programs went the same way.

18 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Jimmy agrees with you from hell. 

You not going to reply to your other post, the one where you said..

"Starmer at 44%? I never realised we had such a large Jewish presence in Scotland."

???

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

You not going to reply to your other post, the one where you said..

"Starmer at 44%? I never realised we had such a large Jewish presence in Scotland."

???

You'll find out exactly what I mean in good time.

23 hours ago, Fullerene said:

They should care.  Nowadays Question Time is total crap because of the person who is in charge of it.  A big fan of Nigel Farage.

It would be a shame if more and more programs went the same way.

those who care probably consider the BBC is worth saving - for me that ship sailed a very long time ago. 

The BBC is getting worse and worse, following the Tory line all the way.

Reporting a ‘no trade deal’ Brexit rather than a ‘no deal Brexit’ is simply one small example.

Their news website is always far less objective than Sky both in content and prominence of stories.