BBC bias

23 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

busy the day

I bet somewhere there is a tweet/comment about the same choice of image from some frothing clarkson complaining that there should be more pictures of white people. 

I strongly suspect that the choice of image is more likely to be informed by a mindless box ticking diversity policy than a conspiracy to brainwash the proles against muslims. 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't think it's a conspiracy. I think it's a lot of little unconscious biases that come together to make this kind of thing happen more often. Stuff like newspaper articles about crime being presented alongside a photo of a black person (even if the black person is relevant to a totally unrelated story) are a manifesation of this. There was a good thing in the guardian about it a year or so back.

I don't think it's unconscious bias at all. I think it's a conscious and deliberate bias to use more ethnic pictures to accompany stories where stock pictures are used. It just happens that more stories are negative than positive. 

I'm going to have to read that monitoring site before i dig in to a position but i strongly suspect more anecdote than stats.

Jeremy Vine = c**t.

Had R2 on in the car when this arsehole highlighted his show today on Ken Bruce's time.  After bemoaning people celebrating that Trump (also a c**t) had Covid, he summarises the Ferrier incident and comes out with:

"Dominic Cummings didn't have to resign but she's already been dumped on by her own party". 

Doing the right thing now = "dumped on". There are so many ways of being impartial on this that it's almost unbelievable he should describe the SNP as dumping on someone. "Taken swift action - do you agree with it" would be fine. But the pejorative use of "dumped on" implies the SNP should really have left well alone. Except they'd have got battered if they'd done so. 

Maybe under the new mgt he'll get punted for being too right wing to be impartial ...

I quite like the JV Show on C5 when he’ll say say something like “we should be doing whatever we can to help people... or should we all just say to hell with it, let the old people die? Let us know what you think”.  Fairly sure he goes over to R2 immediately after his C5 show so he’ll still be in WUM mode.

My other half used to hate the guy but has since warmed to him having seen his ability to drop these grenades, allowing one to sit back and listen to the resultant seethe.

giphy.gif

What struck me about Vine when he got his own show was how thick we was (either that or he pretends to be). For a guy that hosts Eggheads, he seems to revel in getting general knowledge wrong, in getting names, dates, and geography wrong, in claiming he doesn’t know or understand basic facts, and generally of playing a dizzy clown.

4 minutes ago, Antlion said:

What struck me about Vine when he got his own show was how thick we was (either that or he pretends to be). For a guy that hosts Eggheads, he seems to revel in getting general knowledge wrong, in getting names, dates, and geography wrong, in claiming he doesn’t know or understand basic facts, and generally of playing a dizzy clown.

To host eggheads he just needs to be able to read and remember whose turn it is.  The answers are all written down for him you know. He doesn't have to know the capital of Burkina Faso and the winner of the oscar for best picture in 1983. 

I can't believe him and Tim are from the same fanny. Tim is an absolute hero. 

16 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Yesterday he and his Weegie sidekick taught the audience that Shetland was closer to Norway than Scotland.

image.png.f344cfd0dbaa94c9e681937af8ec7719.png

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Closer to Oslo than London is the oft parrotted truth of the matter up there.

I'm closer to Torshavn than London

... yet still need to fly to either London or Copenhagen to get to the former :(

Whilst in no way defending the actions of my  Parliamentary representative, it was noticeable that Margaret Ferrier was described on the news last night as "the disgraced MP". 

Whilst accurate, I dont think this term was ever applied to Cummings, Patel, Fox or any other of the long list of Tory fuckwits who broke rules or laws.

Just saying.

Anyway, I hope you will all support my campaign to be elected in Ruglen and Hamilton West for The Revolutionary Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist Faction, Victory to Kurdistan). 

The BBC are claiming with regard to DRoss:

" The Moray MP, who is seeking to win a Holyrood seat in May"

And here was me thinking he is standing as a regional list candidate and that he doesn't have the cojones to risk the electorate.

On 03/10/2020 at 16:19, sophia said:

The BBC are claiming with regard to DRoss:

" The Moray MP, who is seeking to win a Holyrood seat in May"

And here was me thinking he is standing as a regional list candidate and that he doesn't have the cojones to risk the electorate.

Far be it for me to defend the Lyin' BBC but what is wrong with that sentence? By standing as a list candidate he can win a seat in Holyrood.

On 05/10/2020 at 00:14, NotThePars said:

Far be it for me to defend the Lyin' BBC but what is wrong with that sentence? By standing as a list candidate he can win a seat in Holyrood.

I'm glad that Gary Robertson took my advice and pressed Dross on his cowardly decision to put himself forward as a list candidate for the region rather than one associated with a seat.

I also suspect that Dross knows, that given previous local pacts, if he would put himself forward for the Moray seat, there might be shenanigans.

In answering the question in why he didn't put himself forward, he cited the local Tory who would be deprived of the chance. Thing is, in putting himself forward for the list, it almost certainly consigns Jamie Halcro Johnston to the dole but perhaps not the food bank. Gary could have done more.