BBC bias

9 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

When you have to resort to deflection its cause you know you're wrong. 

What other country in the world would find itself in a situation where a public service broadcaster you are forced to pay for under threat of imprisonment refuses to broadcast public health statements by the democratically elected leader during a pandemic?  People will die because of this, and they don't care. Nicola is getting too popular so its pulled, what difference does a few extra dead people make.  Its disgusting.

I think the viewing figures were down to three regulars on the covid thread. Hard to see how people will die from this. 

It’s hard to see that as anything other than a political move. There’s literally nothing on the BBC Scotland channel at the time, surely no issue keeping it there.

We’ll see how quickly they stop televising the UK Governement press briefings when they begin.

At the very least the BBC should be made to explain the rationale for this decision, especially at a time when the number of Covid-19 is rising. If they do not do this then we will have to conclude that London HQ, in the form of our recent visitor, the new DG, has been leant on to direct BBC Scotland to cease these bulletins. If that is the case they have overlooked the fact that this is 2020 and not 1950, and public reaction will reflect that.

3 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

At the very least the BBC should be made to explain the rationale for this decision, especially at a time when the number of Covid-19 is rising. If they do not do this then we will have to conclude that London HQ, in the form of our recent visitor, the new DG, has been leant on to direct BBC Scotland to cease these bulletins. If that is the case they have overlooked the fact that this is 2020 and not 1950, and public reaction will reflect that.

Well they're hardly going to come out and say Boris Johnson shat it and Nicola Sturgeon was looking too good. We all know why it has been axed. The BBC will be hoping that the SNPs popularity drops in the polls.

Well they're hardly going to come out and say Boris Johnson shat it and Nicola Sturgeon was looking too good. We all know why it has been axed. The BBC will be hoping that the SNPs popularity drops in the polls.
I'm delighted to report that judging by the number and ferocity of the signatories to the Change.org petition which I added to an hour ago, the BBC looks to have become a fantastic recruitment organisation for the SNP

It does make you wonder just how deep the highheidyins at the BBC are able to think.

This will just serve to drive people who wouldn't otherwise think it was worth the trouble to go elsewhere.

The BBC media review on a Thursday lunchtime was deemed too hot to handle and now even the likes of me have discovered that podcasts are a thing

Guest Bob Mahelp

This is a pretty blatant Cummings' tactic. Do something obvious, but something which can't be proven and can easily be denied. 

It's an obvious use of censorship deliberately designed to both take away the oxygen of publicity and leadership from Nicola Sturgeon, and to show who really holds the power....London, not Edinburgh. 

This is only start. Wait until they start really attacking devolution. Within 2 years the Scottish parliament will have nothing more than dog tax raising capabilities, and 98% of control of Scotland will be returned to Westminster. 

It’s hard to see that as anything other than a political move. There’s literally nothing on the BBC Scotland channel at the time, surely no issue keeping it there.

We’ll see how quickly they stop televising the UK Governement press briefings when they begin.

Heard they are banning Bargain Hunt too as each episode ends with a resounding YES

I don't understand (well, I do sadly, I think other posters have already covered the real reasoning) taking it completely off TV. Why not just shift it to the BBC Scotland channel? edit: it might already have been on there tbf, I normally saw it on BBC One though, but taking it off BBC One and leaving it on BBC Scotland would be fine, surely?

I leave the bbc news channel on sometimes while I'm working from home as background noise and the briefings would come on about lunchtime, I take it that's getting scrapped as well.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I mean for fucks sake, here's the difference in the BBC scotland schedule:

Prior to this they had FMQ's on Thursday and coverage of the Mon - Wed briefings.

image.png.224b6030735a8809b77f83e04c1af2ad.png

From next Monday, we get this pish, no coverage of the daily briefings and a midweek roundup show + continuing FMQ coverage when it's on.

image.png.ff4e8ad0b442bfc3ec3f4be6b740fa96.png

They could easily be covering the daily briefings on there and actually give people a reason to watch that fucking channel.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm honestly not sure why anyone is surprised about this. 

The Tories has worked relentlessly under Cummings/Johnston to remove what they believe is any resistance to their Grand Plan. The civil service and various government departments have come under the thumb and the BBC is the next obvious target. 

The appointment of Tory Boy as DG is going to change the way the BBC work. 

This gets cheered on by the right-wing press of course, so there's almost no way to stop it.