BBC bias

18 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think that's just a statistical thing - if you're not claiming the burroo then you don't count as unemployed.

Right.  This country is full of folk who have been let go but aren’t yet claiming.  I don’t see it as bias as much as a distinct difference in what is being measured.

34 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I think that's just a statistical thing - if you're not claiming the burroo then you don't count as unemployed.

Cheers, it just looked odd seeing it written like that.

Edited by The Skelpit Lug

You might well be right. In which case it's the last time I'm going to the West End.
Apart from the obligatory  pre-match cocktails and improv theatre next time the Accies play Thistle. 
(Sorry couldn't resist. [emoji6])
Could be a long time before that match happens in fairness, but you would be more than welcome in one of our finest cocktail haunts

That was absolutely incredible. Wonder if they out that past the lawyers. 
Sarah Smith and Kirsty Wark give their balanced neutral view of affairs. 

It’s a parallel universe view of the trial.
Wark obviously believes Salmond is guilty and isn’t trying to hide it.
Would be surprised if this is the last we’ll hear of this.

There was a really weird bit with her salivating about what he might have done with Sarah Smith in a restaurant across from the Court House. Watching it a bit behind so will withhold judgement about what she's about till it's finished. 

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There was a really weird bit with her salivating about what he might have done with Sarah Smith in a restaurant across from the Court House. Watching it a bit behind so will withhold judgement about what she's about till it's finished. 

Dani Garavelli was also lunching (lynching?) and this documentary was just a re-run of Garavelli's much heralded piece.

It's a poor show if this is what passes as serious Scottish journalism.

I did watch it and there were more than a few dodgy value judgments slipped in by Wark . I would need time to annotate them but don't know if I can bear watching it again. I think she said towards the end that the current FM was conspicuously absent in the last days of the trial: surely that is exactly what a politician should be on any criminal court case before a verdict is reached? 

She was pretending to give two fucks about Me2 whilst stirring up the divide in the SNP twitter community by making Salmond look as bad as possible, and leaving room for him being stitched up by Sturgeon. The BBC showing a programme that puts Salmond in a bad light is catnip for the Cherry/Bathist contingent.

#ISupportSalmond is the second biggest trend on Twitter in the UK right now and even The Telegraph are saying the documentary was shite.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2020/08/17/trial-alex-salmond-review-kirsty-wark-gets-personal-strange/

Safe to say she's made a complete arse of an easy hatchet job.

Last nights anti SNP BBC programme presented by two Labour Stalwarts, (or warts if you prefer), Kirtsy Wark and Sarah Smith was a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Scottish labour party.

I doubt if we will ever see those two presenting a programme on the Labour FM Henry McLeish who failed to declare £36,000 of expenses and had to resign.

Let's not kid ourselves it was anything other than anti SNP.

And I'm sure there will be loads more of this propaganda shite on the run up to next May.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

doubt if we will ever see those two presenting a programme on the Labour FM Henry McLeish who failed to declare £36,000 of expenses and had to resign.

Probably cause it would be boring as f**k lol

Never ever thought I would come on here and quote something from the Daily Torygraph :

In Scotland, the case was headline news. In the rest of the UK, not so much, particularly with an approaching pandemic. But Wark was gripped. “I have never, in all of my years as a journalist, witnessed anything like this,” she gasped, describing it as “one of the most dramatic trials Britain has ever seen”. Wark is a first-class journalist with a cool head, but her investment in this particular story seemed to veer into the personal.

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Last nights anti SNP BBC programme presented by two Labour Stalwarts, (or warts if you prefer), Kirtsy Wark and Sarah Smith was a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the Scottish labour party.

I doubt if we will ever see those two presenting a programme on the Labour FM Henry McLeish who failed to declare £36,000 of expenses and had to resign.

Let's not kid ourselves it was anything other than anti SNP.

And I'm sure there will be loads more of this propaganda shite on the run up to next May.

I also noticed she interviewed Ayesha Hazarika ( hope I spelled it right) without mentioning her extensive New Labour employment.  I did not know a lot about the Craig Murrray stuff and thought Danny Garavelli was a male/man/guy till I saw that weird salad eating lunch!

Telegraph and Daily Mail coming across as the gid guys for once. WTF is going on??
Its a tough one for the gammons, having to choose between uppity Scots and a careerwoman journalist. Delightful though that barely anyone seems to give a f**k about her "documentary" and she can return to her usual vocation of permaseethe about the SNPs utter dominance of SLab.