BBC bias

7 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Anyone seen that earth shattering tweet from Kuenssberg this morning?

No. I’ve not seen anything from her either for the last wee while for some reason! emoji848.png

I might be being a bit too kind or charitable here, but surely journalists (especially politically focused ones) will generally keep an eye on the reaction to their activity.

Hopefully the general fury at her over this will be a bit eye opening and she'll learn to pause for thought rather than immediately regurgitating any old shit that's fed to her.

1 hour ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I might be being a bit too kind or charitable here, but surely journalists (especially politically focused ones) will generally keep an eye on the reaction to their activity.

Hopefully the general fury at her over this will be a bit eye opening and she'll learn to pause for thought rather than immediately regurgitating any old shit that's fed to her.

She's well documented as saying she doesn't read the replies to her tweets so unless someone has specifically said "hawd on a second, this ain't it" she won't notice.

11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

She's well documented as saying she doesn't read the replies to her tweets so unless someone has specifically said "hawd on a second, this ain't it" she won't notice.

Not referring to her in particular, but does anyone who gets thousands of replies bother reading through all the predictable dross to find significant ones? Like if Trump got divorced by Melania in a tweet reply, would he ever notice? I don't have an account so I don't know if there are filters to find just the blue tick ones or something.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Seems a bit of a weird place to spend a lot of time if you're only on broadcast and never receive. Why not just write it all on the BBC news website if there's no intention to do any dialogue?

I wasn't really meaning her, don't know how many she gets. If Trump read his it would take him all day for one tweet, and most of them are the same insults or GO TRUMPY! I'm just curious if there's a way of filtering out the dross.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wasn't really meaning her, don't know how many she gets. If Trump read his it would take him all day for one tweet, and most of them are the same insults or GO TRUMPY! I'm just curious if there's a way of filtering out the dross.

Twitter and any replies thereto is all dross, imho

BBC incredibly bad post. They got 2 ex tory functionaries to do the pre press conference analysis, saying he's probably a bit of a c**t, then back after saying he's totally convinced him and the media are a bunch of c***s.

Amongst all the Cummings talk, I'm not sure whether this has been reported on P'n'B. I certainally don't recall it making the 6 O'clock News or Reporting Scotland

Apparently, the UK Government have reneged on £70 million of Barnet consequentials due to Scotland (and the corresponding amounts due to Wales & NI)

"On May 2 the UK Government announced a £617 million extension to business grants, which it advised would generate £60 million of funding consequentials under the Barnett Formula. This was then duly committed to the Scottish Government’s Covid business response. 

However, the UK Government informed the Scottish Government this week that this additional funding would not now materialise, increasing the pressure on the Scottish budget.

Additionally, last month £35 million of consequentials was earmarked to the Scottish Government in respect of charity support direct grant, but this was amended by the Treasury to £25 million at a later date."

https://www.gov.scot/news/covid-funding-plea/ 

I have always defended the BBC as I felt it was important to have a strong state broadcaster and they were always my go to place for the news.
I have just cancelled the DD for my license they can GTF the spineless twats. Especially when Kuensburg gets to spout the nonsense she does.

Nicola Sturgeon is being slightly patronising the Sarah Smith during the covid presentation today and the latter is quite obviously beeling.

As for the question asked, it was Nike again and that in and of itself is so tiresome.

5 hours ago, sophia said:

Nicola Sturgeon is being slightly patronising the Sarah Smith during the covid presentation today and the latter is quite obviously beeling.

As for the question asked, it was Nike again and that in and of itself is so tiresome.

"I know you didn't bother turning up to the briefing the other day, so I'll repeat everything just for you, pet".

It was lovely.

"I know you didn't bother turning up to the briefing the other day, so I'll repeat everything just for you, pet".
It was lovely.
I must admit to pissing myself laughing as I went round the Raigmore Interchange listening to it on Radio Scotland. Absolutely slapped Sarah Smith down, not surprising given her use of enjoyment of divergence during the middle of a global pandemic where any national leader is trying to protect their population and isn't overtly playing constitutional politics.

• 2 weeks later...