BBC bias

It is not the job of a journalist to hold the government to account.  That is what the opposition parties are for.  A journalist's job is to collect and present news to the audience.
Oh, do fůck off. You've just described a PR representative.

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Laura doubles down this morning

Screenshot_20200523-091704_Twitter.jpg

This of course directly contradicts what her sources told her last night. I mean, it's almost as if she saying whatever Cummings is telling her without doing her job and checking veracity/scrutinising.

On 19/05/2020 at 11:17, Granny Danger said:

Those in charge of the BBC are shit scared of the organisation being dismantled by the Tories.  It shows their naivety in thinking that by sucking up to Johnson et al it will save them; at best it will buy them some time allow the current top dogs to retire with full pensions and enhanced redundacy payments..

It is not the job of a journalist to hold the government to account.  That is what the opposition parties are for.  A journalist's job is to collect and present news to the audience.
And is it the job of the journalist to provide a rapid response exercise in damage limitation for a Government ?

This of course directly contradicts what her sources told her last night. I mean, it's almost as if she saying whatever Cummings is telling her without doing her job and checking veracity/scrutinising.
This is my issue.

Like welshbairn i have no issue with her having close ties to the govt to get the inside scoop on the stories of the day.

What i object to is that she doesn't really seem to scrutinise properly when the inside story changes suddenly, or proves to be wrong.

She has to do a much better job of pointing out the inconsistencies - and so there's a general feeling that's it's just too cosy a relationship.

Kuenssberg reporting on a statement from No. 10 which states that even though Cummings left his home he didn't break any COVID-19 guidelines. A reminder of those guidelines below:

EYsUvhTXkAEfllk.thumb.jpg.3f72077ea06e3ae2f45710c364c34c2e.jpg

This is from Cummings wife in an article in the Sectator about dealing with covid. It says he was lying sweating and his kid was giving him drinks.  

: ‘My husband did rush home to look after me, he’s an extremely kind man whatever people assume to the contrary’

‘But 24 hours later he said ‘I feel weird’ and collapsed. I felt breathless, sometimes achy, but Dom couldn’t get out of bed. Day in day out for ten days he had a high fever, with spasms that made the muscles lump and twitch in his legs. He could breathe but only in a limited shallow way. After a week we reached peak corona uncertainty, day six is a turning point I was told, when you either get better or head for ICU. Was Dom fighting off the bug or was he heading for a ventilator, who knew?

‘I sat on his bed staring at his chest trying to count his breaths per minute. The little oxygen reader we’d bought on Amazon indicated he should be in hospital, but his lips weren’t blue and he could talk in full sentences. Such as ‘please stop staring at my chest sweet heart’. My son in his doctor’s uniform administered Ribena.’

Edited by dirty dingus

Laura K’s been consistently posting out what Cummings, a senior government figure, has been texting her while maintaining a fig leaf of anonymity for her mate by not naming her source meanwhile the second she finds the account of a Labour activist who had the temerity to challenge Boris Johnson on his party’s chronic underfunding of the NHS she’s immediately posting a link with “this is him here” so the hogs can get stuck in.

Anyway, I didn’t realise welshbairn was noted Twitter bore twildun

IMG_4101.jpg

Let's face it if Dominic Cummings does not resign or is sacked the UK Gov will lose what little credibility it has remaining.

The very fact the BBC and the No 10 spin machine are trying to justify why he and his family can drive to his parents 250 miles away, when they should have been self isolating due to them having symptoms is an insult to every single one of us.

There are millions of people in this country who have not had any symptoms, nor have they had to self isolate and yet they have had to do without many of things we enjoy in life to keep others safe by staying at home and observing social distancing when out of the home.

Many of people have or are now facing losing their jobs or seeing their businesses go under due to this crisis. So on that basis alone Mr Cummings should no longer be on the payroll of UK Gov creaming off a six figure salary while many people lose their livelihoods. It is simple as that. It absolutely riles me that people in power think they are above the law.

..... and one final point to add, when is Prince Charles going to get his knuckles formally rapped for travelling to Scotland when he should have remained at his London home self isolating due to having symptoms?