BBC bias

It also looks like the program was made in Scotland.

😁

The first map was the only one to cut off the top of Britain. I should have watched the rest of the program. Not very intelligent of me.

Edited by Suspect Device

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

Neither Northern Ireland nor the Isle of Man are part of Britain?

I can't quite put my finger on anything else...

People of the Isle of Man are British citizens but not part of Great Britain or the UK. 

21 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

People of the Isle of Man are British citizens but not part of Great Britain or the UK. 

I thought that it was pretty obvious that my previous post was taking the piss, but I appear to have whooshed one of the idiots on the board.

The TV program was called "The Great British Intelligence Test". It was not called "the UK plus some Random Dependancies Intelligence Test"

The map showed NI & the Isle of Man which are not a part of Great Britain as well as cutting off a large chunk of the northern part of the island.

It was probably incorrect to include the Isle of Wight too.

Edited by lichtgilphead

9 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Anybody else tune into the Great British Intelligence Test? I was just flicking channels and happened upon it.

Am I being petty in pointing out that there's something wrong with their map of Britain?

IMAG1480.jpg

No

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Neither Northern Ireland nor the Isle of Man are part of Britain?

I can't quite put my finger on anything else...

But the programme isn't entitled The Great Britain Intelligence Test, but the Great British etc etc...

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This 'Reality Check' article about the dire death rate in the UK reads more like Government propaganda than an article by an neutral news outlet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52530918

In your face wops!

Rearrange the following words into a well known phrase or saying.

Straws. At. Grasping.

Furthermore, there is no doubt in my mind had Italian deaths been twice those of the UK, we would be getting a "Tut, tut, tut" article with a sub text of bad Italian hygeine, corruption and ill preparedness.

I'm getting a bit pissed off with the reporting of the death numbers on the BBC website.

BBC reports the figures from the ONS for UK wide but from the NRS for Scotland.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=nations&map=rate

Scotland has a figure of 1,912, UK has a figure of 33,186.

But in the NRS figures. https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/files//statistics/covid19/covid-deaths-report-week-19.pdf quoted in the BBC Scotland report, the figure is 3,213.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-52560795

14:51

UK's four nations report more coronavirus deaths

Separate daily coronavirus death figures have been published by the four nations in the UK.

Another 244 people who tested positive for Covid-19 have died in England, NHS England said, bringing the total there to 23,952.

Meanwhile, 61 more people have died after testing positive in Scotland, bringing the total there to 1,973.

A further 22 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus in Wales, taking the total there to 1,154.

And two more people have died after testing positive for coronavirus in Northern Ireland, the Department of Health in the nation said. This brings the total there to 449.

The tallies for individual nations can differ from the UK-wide total, because they are calculated on a different timeframe.

Surely they should be reporting the same figures across local and national news. it is confusing at best and misleading at worst.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

In today's report the figure for Scottish deaths is now 2,103 so it's good news that 1,110 people have come back to life in just 4 days.

5g working its magic 

On 04/05/2020 at 08:15, Suspect Device said:

If you think that the BBC isn't holding the government to task, then the papers certainly will???

_112099862_ex4.jpg

🙄

Daily Express is the worst paper around without exception (Aye, include The Sun and Daily Star in that).

They are just thick as f**k. Take today's headline:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1283406/nicola-sturgeon-news-scotland-independence-north-korea-kim-jong-un-spt

'Nicola Sturgeon bombshell: How North Korea 'backed Scottish independence'

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Daily Express is the worst paper around without exception (Aye, include The Sun and Daily Star in that).

They are just thick as f**k. Take today's headline:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1283406/nicola-sturgeon-news-scotland-independence-north-korea-kim-jong-un-spt

'Nicola Sturgeon bombshell: How North Korea 'backed Scottish independence'

Jesus, that's desperate even from the Express. Some intern has been sent to crawl for dirt, and they find a 6 year old Telegraph article quoting a Japanese newspaper editor with Korean links.

As uncertainty over the future of the union continues, unearthed reports reveal how North Korea quietly backed the SNP during the 2014 Scottish independence campaign.

According to a 2014 report by The Telegraph, North Korean Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un would have been keen to increase trade with a newly independent Edinburgh.

Choe Kwan-il, managing editor of the Choson Sinbo newspaper, told The Telegraph at the time: "I think that independence would be a very positive thing for Scotland."

Choson Sinbo is a Tokyo-based publication printed in both Korean and Japanese.

On 04/05/2020 at 21:25, Suspect Device said:

Anybody else tune into the Great British Intelligence Test? I was just flicking channels and happened upon it.

Am I being petty in pointing out that there's something wrong with their map of Britain?

IMAG1480.jpg

Yeah  I spotted it too.  Anglesey is an island.  The map makes it look like it is connected to the rest of North Wales.