BBC bias

In the interests of balance Kuenssberg has just asked Johnson about his response to being shown that image of a 4 year old lying on the floor of a hospital.
I get the feeling that the Tories may pay for this episode at the ballot box on Thursday, more so from still-undecided voters, and especially women.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

In the interests of balance Kuenssberg has just asked Johnson about his response to being shown that image of a 4 year old lying on the floor of a hospital.

Sensational stuff from Laura just inventing lies about Matt Hancock's special adviser being assaulted then doubling down in the replies. Never doubted her commitment for a minute.

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Sensational stuff from Laura just inventing lies about Matt Hancock's special adviser being assaulted then doubling down in the replies. Never doubted her commitment for a minute.

Watched the clip....adviser walks in to the guys arm.....BBC and the Tories are utter scum!

I have an ongoing complaint about the fragrant Laura - they still (unusually) after 9 days haven't dealt with it. I've had a follow up email saying its taking longer than normal to resolve.

It's all about the language. The choice of words by the BBC and other outlets is always telling. 'Track down' is such a loaded term. I like the way it's 'but the Labour candidate', so even although she'd be out canvassing in the area, no need to track her down, then.

Track down

852419099_giphy(9).gif.3c70d0dd4f9eaa12e1e0460f3be271d7.gif

I’ve no real issue with the BBC ‘tracking down’ a candidate who is banned from a party for anti-semitism, may very well win the seat, is still being bankrolled by Yes and there’s open talk of him being let back in (not from SNP leadership, granted). There are legitimate questions to be asked of that right now, three days before an election.

The piece states he refused to be interviewed before he was ‘tracked down’ to a spot where they knew he’d be, when he then agreed to be interviewed.

A bit of an odd piece, sure, but worth covering.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

I’ve no real issue with the BBC ‘tracking down’ a candidate who is banned from a party for anti-semitism, may very well win the seat, is still being bankrolled by Yes and there’s open talk of him being let back in (not from SNP leadership, granted). There are legitimate questions to be asked of that right now, three days before an election.

The piece states he refused to be interviewed before he was ‘tracked down’ to a spot where they knew he’d be, when he then agreed to be interviewed.

A bit of an odd piece, sure, but worth covering.

Agreed

In the interests of fairness, we can now look forward to BBC Scotland's principal politics journalist spending days traversing the length of the country hunting down the suspended Tories and labour candidates.

Thereafter there will be a full length piece on each of them, their motivations and a scrutiny of their former parties actions in relation to the matter. 

This will of course then be aired at the start of the countries flagship prime time news program. And it will obviously be in the days running up to a general election.

Or mibbes no.

Agreed
In the interests of fairness, we can now look forward to BBC Scotland's principal politics journalist spending days traversing the length of the country hunting down the suspended Tories and labour candidates.
Thereafter there will be a full length piece on each of them, their motivations and a scrutiny of their former parties actions in relation to the matter. 
This will of course then be aired at the start of the countries flagship prime time news program. And it will obviously be in the days running up to a general election.

Or mibbes no.

Are the Tory/Labour candidates likely to win their seats? Are they still being funded by Momentum/Leave.EU or similar groups that are closely associated to the party that banned them? Are there statements from local campaigners saying they’re expected the candidate to get back into the party once they’re elected?

If Ian Murray has been barred for example from Labour, being funded by Momentum and still thought to be in a great position to win the seat, I’m in absolutely no doubt whatsoever he’d get a lot of attention. Likely on a UK-wide scale.

You’re making a false equivalence.

8 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Agreed

Or mibbes no.

Spot on.  Once Hanvey was suspended, he should have packed up the campaign in my view. But "track down" is extreme language when "caught up with" would have easily sufficed. The only reason they would have for not putting the same focus on the others who have been suspended would be if those candidates had stopping campaigning completely. I don't know if they have or not. 

Laura K is having an absolute nightmare on the impartiality-ometer.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Again not just BBC but look at this thread to understand how badly we're served by the supposedly elite tier of journalists in this country.

At least ITV's man had the grace to apologise, though it looked like a deliberate act by the spad to me, desperate for a diversion.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
18 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I get the feeling that the Tories may pay for this episode at the ballot box on Thursday, more so from still-undecided voters, and especially women.

😅😅😅

They don't fucking care. Johnston could literally walk into a children's ward and disconnect the life support machines and he'll still win a comfortable majority.

I've never hoped to be wrong about something so much.