BBC bias

42 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
3 hours ago, Detournement said:
Lol they are funded by the US state department.

I never said it was impartial.

Just because the US state department partially funds something, that doesn't delegitimise that thing.

BBC might be biased but Andrew Neill just tore Boris a new one there.
I get the impression that Neil hates Boris but I’m surprised that he said that much against Tory policy.
I thought his summary was very good and skewered Johnson without him even being there. In the end, Johnson will not turn up as avoiding media is better than being destroyed by Neil

11 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

I thought his summary was very good and skewered Johnson without him even being there. In the end, Johnson will not turn up as avoiding media is better than being destroyed by Neil

Nah m8. Boris just has a very busy schedule. He was getting a grilling on tv yesterday.

9923E4B1-0CE8-4E57-BBE5-713E3D912C13.jpeg

What even is this

It ‘isn’t that surprising’ that the Prime Minister has consistently lied about his flagship policy which influences Britain for the next 50 years or so.

Nothing to see here.

33 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

What even is this

She's saying that Boris is denying what's patently true, and admitted by other ministers, that his deal involves a border down the Irish Sea. Not sure where you're seeing the bias there.

Edited by welshbairn

She is beyond the pale.

Replying to and
Don't know if you watched the press conference but Laura was first question up. And her question was.. "you say Boris Johnson is hiding things, but you won't even tell us which way you'll vote in a referendum".

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:
3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It's more the credulous political correspondents I'm aiming at, you can't blame the parties for taking such an easy win.

Indeed.  Journalism does not attract the finest minds of our generation. Some of the flat out nonsense from Iraq post 2014 is evidence enough.

Not being on Facebook I thought this 50 to one thing was daft, but google tells me 34 million are on it in the UK. Mind you I'd assume most are talking about what they're having for tea and how auntie's doing rather than politics.

Not being on Facebook I thought this 50 to one thing was daft, but google tells me 34 million are on it in the UK. Mind you I'd assume most are talking about what they're having for tea and how auntie's doing rather than politics.

If you were on Facebook you'd know that isn't true.

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

If you were on Facebook you'd know that isn't true.

I thought it was mainly just people who know each other chatting? I suppose it depends on your privacy settings. If someone mentions the election does your page get swamped with political ads or bots?

Britain First had like 1.5million fans on FB. It's a propaganda delivery vehicle.
Do most people have minimal privacy settings? My sister gave me her login details so I was forced to see baby pictures but nothing else untoward. She was a teacher so kept it "friends only, no friends of friends", so maybe that's why.