BBC bias

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

You either believe in ultimate responsibility for a fuckup or you don't. Amber Rudd didn't fly folk to Jamaica herself but we all agreed she should have resigned. The idea an entire god damn hospital might not ever open shouldn't be provoking serious questions of Freeman because she's SNP is puerile.

There's no possibility the hospital won't open.  Amber Rudd was chastised for a deliberate policy, I don't believe Freeman set as a matter of policy lets contaminate some water so people get infected.  They're not comparable situations.

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

You either believe in ultimate responsibility for a fuckup or you don't. Amber Rudd didn't fly folk to Jamaica herself but we all agreed she should have resigned. The idea an entire god damn hospital might not ever open shouldn't be provoking serious questions of Freeman because she's SNP is puerile.

Let's see the BBC call on England's health Secretary to resign over this, slightly worse situation than Freeman is experiencing I'm sure you'll agree.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/exclusive-nhs-england-buried-concerns-over-child-cancer-services/7025307.article

"NHS England covered up serious problems with paediatric cancer care in London – which had seen children dying in “terrible agony” – and has “buried” attempts to overhaul the services, an HSJ investigation has established. "

2 minutes ago, Placida Domingo said:

Let's see the BBC call on England's health Secretary to resign over this, slightly worse situation than Freeman is experiencing I'm sure you'll agree.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/policy-and-regulation/exclusive-nhs-england-buried-concerns-over-child-cancer-services/7025307.article

"NHS England covered up serious problems with paediatric cancer care in London – which had seen children dying in “terrible agony” – and has “buried” attempts to overhaul the services, an HSJ investigation has established. "

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/shrewsbury-maternity-scandal/nhs-maternity-scandal-shrewsbury-telford-hospitals-mothers-babies-report-a9207176.html

2 minutes ago, Placida Domingo said:

This too.  So where are the calls from our public sector broadcaster, legally bound to.he 100% impartial at all times, because of this?

They are only interested in certain parties.....we all know that.

Because the Shropshire one goes back 40 years and covers both Labour and the Tories governments....nothing said on any media outlet.......but Glasgow..

6 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Absolutely yeah the BBC should be asking the English health secretary if they're going to resign. They should be following the Scottish example. It's not BBC Scotland that has got it wrong here.

You'll see my posts all through this thread attacking shit journalism of the BBC but I just can't imagine the mind of someone who sees deaths of little kids because pigeons shat in the water supply of one hospital and another that just straight up doesn't open for reasons no c**t can explain in a sentence and sees conspiracy.

I don't even know if Freeman should resign, facts as they surface will inform us. It's a totally reasonable question to ask of the person in the position that signs off on these things being built.

No it's not it's hysterical nonsense.  I asked you what you think she should have done differently to avoid this happening, you avoided the question.  So answer it, what should she have done? 

She's been health Secretary for less than seventeen months, I would imagine these.buildings we're 'signed off' a long time before she took the role.

Edited by Placida Domingo

Dear oh dear! I wandered onto this thread cause it was top of the list. 

What a collection of swivel eyed roasters there are on here. Imagine scouring the internet for every single article that highlights SNP failures and then trying desperately to find something remotely equivalent amongst other parties and accusing the MSM of not covering it. What a sad bunch of losers. 

Oh aye and Freeman should resign cause she is fucking hopeless. 

Just now, MixuFixit said:

I don't know, because I don't know what she did or didn't do (neither do you), and so I don't even know if she should resign. But children are dead because of pigeon shit in water, and a big fuckoff hospital is closed to the disruption of many people's treatments, and nobody can explain why so I see nothing wrong with a journalist asking if she will resign, just as I see nothing wrong with them reporting when she says "no I won't because blah"

Well we fundamentally disagree then and I think you're very naive.  It's an incredibly transparent hit piece on a senior SNP figure during an election campaign. 

Do you think she should have been down there herself before this happened personally making sure no pigeons could suit in the water, or is that the responsibility of the contractor?

32 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

She's an MSP what are you on about?

To answer the second question, obviously not. But she or a predecessor signed off on the designs, so this implies they were closely scrutinised by a team of staff that report to her. It might transpire that all went down fine and the ministerial end of the process was handled impeccably and the fuckup was elsewhere in which case sure she should stay. We'll find out in time.

With regards to the Edinburgh Sick Kids Hospital we know what went wrong. It was an error in the tender document written by NHS Lothian in 2012. Guess who was the Scottish Health Minister back then - aye it was Nicola Sturgeon!!!!!!!! 

An independent review of the governance arrangements for RHCYP by KPMG has found that the main issue with ventilation in critical care stemmed from an error in a document produced by NHS Lothian at the tender stage in 2012. This was despite the requirement to also adhere to relevant technical guidance.

The KPMG report attributes this to human error and confusion over the interpretation of standards and guidance. It also concludes that opportunities to spot and rectify that error were missed.

https://www.scottishconstructionnow.com/article/tender-error-to-blame-as-edinburgh-sick-kids-hospital-forced-into-another-delay

The problem for Freeman is in the diligence of her office that it failed to spot the errors and that they missed the opportunities to spot and rectify the error. 

When it comes to the QEUH problems Freeman stands accused of a cover up. It's taken an NHS Whistleblower to get the story out about the problems with water contamination despite Freeman admitting she knew about it. 

Edited by Malky3

30 minutes ago, Placida Domingo said:

If BBC run the Freeman smear story again tomorrow that will be twelve days in a row.  Or in other words, every single day for the entire election campaign so far.

So what? 

How many days in a row have the ran with the Prince Andrew story? Are they out of order for covering that? It's not bias, it's covering the news of the day. 

In the case of Freeman, Anas Sawar raised the question at First Ministers questions on the 14th of November after he received a report from an NHS whistle blower raising concerns about the findings of a review into infections of child cancer patients at the QEUH. When asked Freeman admitted she had known for two months about that a child had died of an infection linked to water contamination at the hospital. Sawar accused her of a cover up and since then the parents have, rightly, had their say and there have been questions about the competence of Freeman to do the job she's in. 

The fact that the SNP haven't been able to shut this story up through it's usual means of denouncing those in the story and that it continues to fester in all the press outlets is not an indication of bias, it's an indication of the seriousness of the story and of Freemans handling of the situation - particularly in relation to trying to hide the facts from the parents of the child who died! Freeman has already indicated that she is unlikely to stand for re-election and I'm sure her opponents smell blood.  

In some ways Jeane Freeman appears to be unfortunate because the competency of her office clearly goes back further than her. Shona Robison was a car crash in the role, during which time Audit Scotland reported that NHS Highland was paying £200,000 for a contract that hadn't legally been agreed and there was problems with financial mismanagement at NHS Tayside at a time where maternity services were being downgraded at Caithness and a mother had to travel 520 miles to have her child at St Johns in Livingston. Before her Alex Neil was involved in a cronyism scandal appointing his pal from a local SNP branch to a £12,000 a year part time post on a Health board ahead of a senior health professional. And before that was Nicola Sturgeon and her recruitment freeze that has blighted the Scottish NHS ever since. 

25 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

In the case of Freeman, Anas Sawar raised the question at First Ministers questions on the 14th of November after he received a report from an NHS whistle blower raising concerns about the findings of a review into infections of child cancer patients at the QEUH. When asked Freeman admitted she had known for two months about that a child had died of an infection linked to water contamination at the hospital. Sawar accused her of a cover up and since then the parents have, rightly, had their say and there have been questions about the competence of Freeman to do the job she's in. 

The Health Secretary isn't really in the business of announcing deaths of NHS patients or pre-empting the publishing of a review which is due in the Spring. Freeman knowing about the deaths months ago is not part of a cover up.

The death was investigated at the time. The procurator fiscal was reported to at the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-50450838

6 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The Health Secretary isn't really in the business of announcing deaths of NHS patients or pre-empting the publishing of a review which is due in the Spring. Freeman knowing about the deaths months ago is not part of a cover up.

The death was investigated at the time. The procurator fiscal was reported to at the time.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-50450838

Did you read the article? 

At the time there was no requirement to test the water supply. Police are now investigating the two deaths from the cancer ward. Freeman has admitted she learned about the possible links of the deaths to water contamination yet despite a pledge to keep parents informed she "covered up" by citing "patient confidentiality". It took a whistle blower and Anas Anwar to force some honesty from the Health Secretary.

I don't know why anyone would want to stick up for Freeman on this issue - other than because it seems to be a thing Nationalist cult members do when one of their elected representatives are attacked. She's clearly not up to the job, and she herself has said that she is considering not standing again for election in 2021. I absolutely expect her to be moved from her post by Sturgeon after the General Election - if she doesn't resign first.