BBC bias

My take.

1.  Johnson campaigning when he should be trying to sort out Brexit.

2.  Father of ill child, who happens to be a Labour activist, pointing out Johnson’s politicking.

3.  Kuenssberg trying to see how far she can stick her tongue up the Tory arse.  Again.

19 hours ago, welshbairn said:
19 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s also the job of the reporter to point these things out.

It’s not necessarily her job to direct folk onto his social media, although if it was an orchestrated event by the guy then that was always going to happen.

She reported the story as it happened without knowing anything about him, saying how bad it looked for Johnson. When it came out who he was she reported that too, 2 hours later, with no judgement. He's got no complaints about her reporting, it was Guido Faulkes who outed him.

The tweet that was the problem was the one where she retweeted him saying "here he is".

If she didn't know that would lead to a pile on (as the BBC claim) then she should have professional adult supervision at all times 

Edited by Antiochas III

It was the utter glee which came across when she discovered these facts
Instead of the story being "angry dad with very sick child confronts Boris" she changed the whole dynamic of the story.They keep saying they are there to report the news but this is an obvious attempt to "make the news"

The tweet that was the problem was the one where she retweeted him saying "here he is".

If she didn't know that would lead to a pile on (as the BBC claim) then she should have professional adult supervision at all times 

Jeremy Vine saying that the queens comments pre-indy ref were a good thing and she should intervene now. Good ole impartial bbc.

To be fair, Jeremy Vine is paid to literally not be impartial. He’s the Adrian Durham of Radio 2, and his listeners are Daily Mail readers.

Jeremy Vine saying that the queens comments pre-indy ref were a good thing and she should intervene now. Good ole impartial bbc.

To be fair, Jeremy Vine is paid to literally not be impartial. He’s the Adrian Durham of Radio 2, and his listeners are Daily Mail readers.

He was also speaking on his Channel 5 show, not on the BBC.

John Humphries says BBC has a liberal bias. (aye, right)

He writes that BBC bosses were devastated by the victory of the Leave campaign, and likened their expressions following the referendum to a football fan whose team has just missed a penalty. He said: “I’m not sure the BBC as a whole ever quite had a real grasp of what was going on in Europe, or of what people in this country thought about it.”

I would have thought that a liberal bias (with a small 'l') was a good thing. 

On 20/09/2019 at 17:39, Ned Nederlander said:

A thousand words in one nauseating 5 second clip:

surely theres some sort of editing trickery going on there?

Boris Johnson: *finishing some platitude about getting a deal for the people of this country"

Kuenssberg: goes all doe eyed, blushing and laughing.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I think it's pretty apparent that the BBC probably had a Remain bias or is instinctually Remain but the vote shocked them as much as it did the rest of the establishment and in their rush to try and understand why have given credence to any old w****r who claims to speak on behalf of 17 million people.

On 19/09/2019 at 12:36, sjc said:

Far be it from me to defend Boris Johnson, but wasn't the guy mic'd up? I agree, it doesn't change the fact his child is ill or whether the point he was making was valid or not but strikes as premeditated and opportunistic.

On 19/09/2019 at 15:39, NotThePars said:

No, he wasn’t.

This seems to have passed, so needs reiterating.

No, he was not wearing a mic. Laura K claimed he was. He wasn't. Dozens then tweeted her screencapped images of the guy from different angles demonstrating that he wasn't wearing a mic. At no point has she retracted her incorrect allegation. And, as is seen here, it is repeated by others who merely didn't have reason to assume it was a lie. And so it goes.

Edited by milton75

20 minutes ago, milton75 said:

No, he was not wearing a mic. Laura K claimed he was. He wasn't. Dozens then tweeted her screencapped images of the guy from different angles demonstrating that he wasn't wearing a mic. At no point has she retracted her incorrect allegation. And, as is seen here, it is repeated by others who merely didn't have reason to assume it was a lie. And so it goes.

and Alex Salmond didn't answer Nick Robinson's question.

It's quite despicable and if it's escaped the gaze of any that would wish to cut them a break, I'm afraid to say that the BBC has something that is cancerous about it.

10 hours ago, milton75 said:

In fairness, I was asking rather than stating whether he was wearing a mic plus, living in Japan, I don't have the same access to UK programmes as (presumably) you do.

Your basic point is correct though. Question everything and check the sources of the information as well as their factuality, then draw your own conclusions.