BBC bias

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

BBC making a habit of cutting away every time Ian Blackford gets up to speak: three times in the past 24 hours.  Once to interview Farage.

Sky are doing it regularly too.

BBC making a habit of cutting away every time Ian Blackford gets up to speak: three times in the past 24 hours.  Once to interview Farage.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Utterly disgraceful stuff

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sky are doing it regularly too.

Well, we all know what the answer is.

By continually cutting away from Blackford it minimises public exposure to discussion on revocation and/or a second referendum as he is one of the few politicians who is referencing these on what should be prime broadcasting time.

One of the failings of the SNP is how they handle the media. They have just never ever got to grips on how to deal with it. 

After indyref1 you would have thought it may have been a priority. But it's something they just have not addressed for some bizarre reason.

One of the failings of the SNP is how they handle the media. They have just never ever got to grips on how to deal with it. 
After indyref1 you would have thought it may have been a priority. But it's something they just have not addressed for some bizarre reason.
Not addressed an almost 100% hostile media owned by billionaires or run by the government. What is it you expect them to do?

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:
3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Not addressed an almost 100% hostile media owned by billionaires or run by the government. What is it you expect them to do?

I may be biased but I think Sturgeon is the best communicator of all the party leaders.  Difficult to do much if ignored by the MSM.

9 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Media democratisation is a big thing for Labour. Would be interested to see what a post-indy Scotland would do to ensure a genuinely free and democratic press.

4 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Address it how exactly? By coming out as ultra-unionists so they can get their fair share of air time?

I think the SNP has to become more vocal in their response to public service broadcaster such as the BBC. Make official complaints for instance and publish replies.

Assemble a media team ready to debunk untruths. Most times when a bollox story breaks it's Nicola Sturgeon herself who is on Twitter to reply. That should be down to a media team ready to act.

Most newspaper stories are posted via social media. Again a media team could question dubious stories.  Nip stories in the bud before they grow arms and legs.

I know the SNP and the wider Yes movement are up against when we have such a hostile media. But right now we are not really fighting back the way we need to.

That's why Unionists absolutely hate Wings. Whether you like him or not, you can't take away his forensic well researched replies tearing their stories apart.

31 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Pff Fraser Nelson, Alex Massie, Torcuil Crichton and Kenny Farquharson would immediately start schmoozing Andrew Wilson and that lot.

Cat Boyd's Twitter mentions becomes Scotland's most read daily after independence.

By continually cutting away from Blackford it minimises public exposure to discussion on revocation and/or a second referendum as he is one of the few politicians who is referencing these on what should be prime broadcasting time.

Perhaps, but Blackford too often comes across as a self-righteous windbag - he needs to work on being incisive. Viewers don't much like to be drawn into 'Aw f**k naw' territory on a repeat basis.

15 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I think the SNP has to become more vocal in their response to public service broadcaster such as the BBC. Make official complaints for instance and publish replies.

And how do you think such complaints, grievances if you will, will be reported in the Unionist media?

17 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Most newspaper stories are posted via social media. Again a media team could question dubious stories.  Nip stories in the bud before they grow arms and legs.

I believe such a team exists but is largely ignored.

And how do you think such complaints, grievances if you will, will be reported in the Unionist media?

I believe such a team exists but is largely ignored.

I think most people would be supportive if the complaint and response were made public. I just don't think doing nothing like we are now is an option anymore.

We saw the media in action in indyref1. We at least must be better prepared.

I've never heard or read anything   of a media team. You sure?