BBC bias

31 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Who'll ever forget that interview Nick Robinson did with Alex Salmond when he told the 9 0'clock news that he had put a question to AS and he  had declined to answer. This was after Salmond very patiently and courteously answered all the pathetic questions the little creep had put to him.

Nick Robinson lost all credibility after that wee stunt. 

Watched the late STV news tonight for the first time for ages. The introduction was calling Labour a cult, then there was some pishhead in the studio who didn't know where he was with a couple of talking heads on the screens, one American who didn't seem to know why he was there and a knowledgeable woman who got shut off. God bless the BBC.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Looking at the BBC website it’s to believe that the Tory Party conference is taking place during one of the most turbulent periods of modern history.

Think you might have left a word out of that sentence.

On 26/09/2018 at 22:54, welshbairn said:

Watched the late STV news tonight for the first time for ages. The introduction was calling Labour a cult, then there was some pishhead in the studio who didn't know where he was with a couple of talking heads on the screens, one American who didn't seem to know why he was there and a knowledgeable woman who got shut off. God bless the BBC.

I don't think there is a Labour cult but there is a bit of a Corbyn cult that has developed. In fact I think politics in general is getting a lot more cultish on a wider scale and the internet has a lot to do with that.

There has always been political cults both on the far right and far left but with the internet these people reach more people and more of people who wouldn't have joined cults in the past as shut-in types.

11 hours ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

I don't think there is a Labour cult but there is a bit of a Corbyn cult that has developed. In fact I think politics in general is getting a lot even more cultish cuntish on a wider scale and the internet has a lot to do with that.

There you go.

The radio this morning described the sacked labour politicians as "moderate".

This infers that others are somehow outlaws.

In what regard is Jackie Baillie moderate?

Is there a London left / right prism from which things are viewed?

I've got my own views on the facts of the matter but I can't help but think that there is a paucity of performance prevalent at the BBC in Glasgow

20 hours ago, sophia said:

I've got my own views on the facts of the matter but I can't help but think that there is a paucity of performance prevalent at the BBC in Glasgow

Moderately obese?

Jackie Baillie is my MSP. I don't vote for her but she is no dummy and has been a reasonable performer for the area, despite obsessively championing the local Military-Industrial complex.
She is also however the Scottish political equivalent of Tommy Craig and she'll bounce back following the next Slab putsch.

Jackie Baillie is my MSP. I don't vote for her but she is no dummy and has been a reasonable performer for the area, despite obsessively championing the local Military-Industrial complex.
She is also however the Scottish political equivalent of Tommy Craig and she'll bounce back following the next Slab putsch.

The same Jackie Baillie who was a cabinet minister in 2002 when the downgrading of the Vale hospital and closure of the A&E was approved but now campaigns on the snpbad why did you close the vale ticket? She is a shameful local politician, happy to turn up for a photo opportunity but has brought nothing to the area.

6 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The same Jackie Baillie who was a cabinet minister in 2002 when the downgrading of the Vale hospital and closure of the A&E was approved but now campaigns on the snpbad why did you close the vale ticket? She is a shameful local politician, happy to turn up for a photo opportunity but has brought nothing to the area.

That virtually sums up Scottish Labour.