BBC bias

26 minutes ago, Antlion said:

In the outpouring of love for Ruth Davidson on the Marr show (we all love her in Scotland, apparently) the Daily Mail wummin said it was incredibly brave of Ruth to reveal her history of self-harming “whilst at the peak of her power in Scotland”. Given that she’s branch manager of a party that lost the last election, I’m not sure how high that praise is - unless the BBC is now trying to imply to middle England that the Tories rule north of the border.

Yeah I shaked my head at that statement.

She's ruling herself out of ever becoming PM because she's incompetent and will get found out.

13 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

She's ruling herself out of ever becoming PM because she's incompetent and will get found out.

This.

When  I heard Rees Mogg recently bumming her up as a potential future PM I couldn’t believe it. If he’s that far off the mark regarding Colonel Fatty he can just get himself and the rest of his stupid opinions into the fecking sea.

1 hour ago, zidane's child said:

Being incompetent is absolutely no barrier to becoming PM.  In fact, it's seemingly regarded as a plus.

33 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
2 hours ago, zidane said:

Someone needs to ask her why she wants to be Fm of Scotland then

She knows she will never be FM.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:15, Antlion said:

In the outpouring of love for Ruth Davidson on the Marr show (we all love her in Scotland, apparently) the Daily Mail wummin said it was incredibly brave of Ruth to reveal her history of self-harming “whilst at the peak of her power in Scotland”. Given that she’s branch manager of a party that lost the last election, I’m not sure how high that praise is - unless the BBC is now trying to imply to middle England that the Tories rule north of the border.

As much sympathy as I have for anyone who goes/has gone through the things she described, the coverage of it seemed written specifically to try and cheer her up. A paragraph in the Metro yesterday actually began with the phrase "The popular 39-year-old" ffs.

As much sympathy as I have for anyone who goes/has gone through the things she described, the coverage of it seemed written specifically to try and cheer her up. A paragraph in the Metro yesterday actually began with the phrase "The popular 39-year-old" ffs.
I'd be amazed if even a fraction of that stuff is true tbh.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't ever buy into people in the public eye emoting and baring their soul in the interests of 'helping others', it is invariably self-serving pish.  Davidson well knows that she has already hit the rubber ceiling politically and this revelation seems to me to be intended to dampen down speculation and allow her to eventually chart her own course away  from frontline politics.

And I'm frankly still astonished at how thinly her talents have managed to be spread; she is a Caledonian Christine Hamilton of the day with not a positive or insightful take on anything.  She is though probably still the least useless of the assorted scarecrows and Tussaud dummies who form Scotland's cadre of Tories.  

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Exactly. There's no chance she's 39.

They've just had Ruth on Women's Hour promoting her fucking book. (I'm not a regular listener)

I've never heard so much cringe worthy arse licking in my life.  I can't begin to understand why they love her so much. Really fucking love her. For the dear old Beeb it is a tragedy that she's opted not to replace May - apparently she will be happy to remain Scotland and "restore it to a country that's not talking about independence every sodding day"

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

They've just had Ruth on Women's Hour promoting her fucking book. (I'm not a regular listener)

I've never heard so much cringe worthy arse licking in my life.  I can't begin to understand why they love her so much. Really fucking love her. For the dear old Beeb it is a tragedy that she's opted not to replace May - apparently she will be happy to remain Scotland and "restore it to a country that's not talking about independence every sodding day"

Is that an actual quote from Davidson?  (I'm assuming it's not a quote from the BBC presenter, although you can never be sure).

41 minutes ago, Crossbill said:

Is that an actual quote from Davidson?  (I'm assuming it's not a quote from the BBC presenter, although you can never be sure).

Her very words...

"restore it to a country that's not talking about independence every sodding day"

Who'll ever forget that interview Nick Robinson did with Alex Salmond when he told the 9 0'clock news that he had put a question to AS and he  had declined to answer. This was after Salmond very patiently and courteously answered all the pathetic questions the little creep had put to him.