BBC bias

Yet 'leavers' insist the the BBC is anti-brexit. They, and others such as BNP  , claim to be put-upon when it doesn't exist. An example is claiming that they aren't allowed to fly the English flag ,when there is nothing to stop them. It's inventing restrictions that don't exist. I'm sure there is a descriptive phrase for this psychological behaviour but I can't find it.:(

46 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The BBC has clearly been told they need to treat Brexit like any other foreign office issue and be massively biased towards the government position.

Using "clearly" in an argument means you just made it up. I know, used it often.

Not BBC bias, but not too sure where to post.

I see Sunday Herald news editor Angela Haggerty has "resigned" due to online threats and abuse, but will still write columns for the paper - no I don't get that one either:blink:  

Disturbing news.

The beeb has launched copyright infringement claims against numerous pro independence youtube channels forcing their closure.

Thousands of videos exposing lies and hypocrisy would appear to be lost.

Stalinesque........and completely lost on most of the public as it will never be reported.

Edited by git-intae-thum

Just now, git-intae-thum said:

Oh....btw......pro union channels and those of the cons/lab etc that use bbc material appear untouched.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

If you are capable of providing a link, please do so.

You won't be able.

It's just a coincidence that the UK parliament has just launched a attack on 'Fake News' available via social media and other non-MSM sites.  Nothing to worry about.   I'm sure the state-approved media will be along shortly to tell us what to think about it.

8 minutes ago, Crossbill said:

It's just a coincidence that the UK parliament has just launched a attack on 'Fake News' available via social media and other non-MSM sites.  Nothing to worry about.   I'm sure the state-approved media will be along shortly to tell us what to think about it.

Who decides what is fake news?  I consider the BBC, daily mail, express, telegraph and lots of others to be fake news.

1 hour ago, Larry Hood said:

Thanks for providing the link:thumsup2

I did not want to engage with that cretin last night.

The channels affected provided hundreds of clips exposing govt and msm (including the bbc) lies. An important archive that may now be lost.  

Its censorship....pure and simple. The UK establishment do not want people to have this information. 

The best part of the DCMS report is the declaration that they don't like the term fake news. They suggest two categories...

1. Misinformation ie good fake news eg WMD in Iraq, Nerve Agents in Ghouta etc

2. Disinformation ie bad fake news eg Westminster paedo rings

It's about time a mass non payment of tv licence was organised. The BBC no longer can be taken seriously after recent events

Pity most people are morons and politically naive, so it won't happen.

Will just need to add them to my despised list with the Banks and Westminster.

Nobody seems to care about truth or lies anymore. There is difference between telling people that if we stay in the EU 70 million Turks will move to Britain and the BBC not giving 24 hour national coverage of an Indy march in Inverness.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nobody seems to care about truth or lies anymore. There is difference between telling people that if we stay in the EU 70 million Turks will move to Britain and the BBC not giving 24 hour national coverage of an Indy march in Inverness.

What about the BBC illegally censoring information it doesn't want the public to consume?  We are descending into fascism.

Somewhat unrelated, but those who tell you that you couldn't do without the Beeb are absolute slavers. 9 months now (in a country with Fox news ffs) and my life has somehow continued unabated.
Having to choose between Fox, MSNBC and Infowars would stop me paying attention altogether. Suppose you still have Aljazeera though if they haven't banned it yet. I'd miss BBCFOUR and radio most I think.