14 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

http://www.britishplacenames.co.uk/alphabetically/k

Kildale, North Yorkshire

Kilgwrrwg Common, Monmouthshire

Kilhallon, Cornwall

Kilmeston, Hampshire

Kilmington Common, Wiltshire

2 would always have to be in Wales

3 "Common" has to be in England (Except when it's in Wales, of course...)

The other 3 would more than likely assumed to be in Scotland or Ireland, I suppose

19 hours ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I always thought it sounded Irish...

Kilbaha Kilbeggan Kilbeheny Kilberry Kilbricken Kilbrin Kilbrittain Kilcar (Cill Charthaigh) Kilclooney Kilcock Kilcogy, Kilcolgan Kilconly Kilcoole Kilconnell Kilclooney Kilcormac Kilcorney Kilcrohane Kilcullane Kilcullen Kilcurl Kildangan Kildare Kildavin Kildimo Kildorrery Kildysart Kilfenora Kilfinane Kilflynn Kilgarvan Kilglass Kilkea Kilkee Kilkelly Kilkenny Kilkerrin Kilkieran (Cill Chiaráin) Kill (Kildare) Killadysert Killala Killaloe Killanne Killarga Killarney, Killashee Killavullen Killeigh Killenaule Killeshandra, Killeshin Killimordaly Killinaspick Killiney Killinierin Killorglin Kilrossanty Killucan Killurin Killybegs Kilmacanogue Kilmacduagh Kilmacow Kilmacthomas Kilmaine Kilmaley Kilmallock Kilmead Kilmeaden Kilmeage Kilmeedy Kilmeena Kilmessan Kilmichael Kilmihil Kilmore Kilmore Quay Kilmoyley Kilmuckridge Kilnaboy Kilnaleck Kilnamartyra (Cill na Martra) Kilpedder Kilquade Kilronan (Cill Rónáin) Kilrush Kilshanchoe Kilshanny Kilskeer Kiltale Kiltartan, Kiltealy Kilteel Kilteely Kiltegan Kilternan Kiltimagh Kiltormer Kiltyclogher Kilumney Kilworth

Given that the 'Kil' is derived from the Gaelic for church (Cille) and both Scotland and Irish have Gaelic heritage, I think it's fair enough to suggest that it could go either way, particularly when the place name refers to nothing other than the 'church of (St) Marnock', in reference to an Irish bishop.

Watching Newsnight on catchup and they let some c**t (Giles Udly) introduce the Corbyn v Russian Poisoning thing by saying that Labour have always been pro Russia and haven't changed despite Hungary, Czechoslovakia and the non Soviet Russia turning into a Kleptocracy. Ban the Beeb!

This is what they want.  

Divide and conquer; make it all about tribalism for the plebs while the aristos continue their cosy carve up.

We should recognise that we have more in common than different and unite.

Anyhow, the SNP deserve to be treated badly because they represent inadequate xenophobes. 

17 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Watching Newsnight on catchup and they let some c**t (Giles Udly) introduce the Corbyn v Russian Poisoning thing by saying that Labour have always been pro Russia and haven't changed despite Hungary, Czechoslovakia and the non Soviet Russia turning into a Kleptocracy. Ban the Beeb!

Can't be true you said there was no bias on the BBC you must be paranoid

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

This is what they want.  

Divide and conquer; make it all about tribalism for the plebs while the aristos continue their cosy carve up.

We should recognise that we have more in common than different and unite.

Anyhow, the SNP deserve to be treated badly because they represent inadequate xenophobes. 

Just not unite with the 500 million people in Europe eh champ, that solidarity ends at Dover and Newry.

31 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Just not unite with the 500 million people in Europe eh champ, that solidarity ends at Dover and Newry.

?

I'm all for a federal united Europe, and for expanding a union beyond Europe. It won't happen in my lifetime unfortunately.

This position is consistent with wanting regional devolution and an actual application of the principle of subsidiarity.

I just happen to believe that National identity is a construct of feudal society that has been appropriated by capitalist interests.