BBC bias

Just now, welshbairn said:

Read their tweet. Scotland getting closed down due to the Beast from the East was a different degree of urgency than "My bus was late then 3 came at once."

I read it and it's fatuous nonsense.  They could have had the transport minister on to discuss transport.  Yet chose not to.

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is Welsh bairn a closet tory

Paid up SNP member m8.

Haha i wish Pep would quit whilst he’s ahead sometimes. It’s obvious there are people within the BBC who are inheritantly biased. I don’t however think it’s been AS bad since 2014- the run up to the referendum was a complete disgrace, I’m not sure how anyone can dispute that.
However the way Pep goes on sully’s the points that he makes (some of them i agree with) and he actually harms the cause he believes he is fighting for.
Calm doon Peppino for all our sakes! 
Yup.

Absolutely this.

Use of FOI is due to two factors more than most,

Reduced numbers of journalists and better use of resources is the nice way to put it.

Why do the leg work of finding out the basis of the facts when you can send a letter to Holyrood and make then do you fact finding.

Option two - Journalists are lazy are p***ks and have realised that with FOI they can say;

Why do the leg work of finding out the basis of the facts when you can send a letter to Holyrood and make then do you fact finding.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

At the risk of agreeing with Pep, surely if the quality is good enough for Jackie Bird to have that walloper on the M80 live on Reporting Scotland on a Skype call, then GMS can have an interview with Humzah Yousaf via the same method?

Thought that was just something they found on youtube rather than a live interview, but could be wrong. If it was live at least it was from a static position and not from a moving train where the signal could break up at any time. "So Mr Humzah, would you like to explain why the buses are so shite? Oh sorry, we've lost him." Imagine the rage then. :lol:

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought that was just something they found on youtube rather than a live interview, but could be wrong.

I watched it live, and my memory might not be correct, but I'm sure he and Bird had a laugh about him appearing on the programme the next day assuming he got home.

He did then appear on it the next day.

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I watched it live, and my memory might not be correct, but I'm sure he and Bird had a laugh about him appearing on the programme the next day assuming he got home.

He did then appear on it the next day.

Think I just saw the clip on rewind, so fair enough. Added a bit above.

17 minutes ago, RiG said:

Doesn't Yousaf have a mobile phone that he could have used to call GMS?

He'd just have to coordinate his call with a length of track with a continual signal.

A while back it became a running joke how many times the outside broadcast to Alex Salmond's back garden or John Swinney in an actual BBC studio in Dundee went down.

"Oh dear.....we seem to have lost Alex/John. So, you three unionists. Tell us why whatever they were about to say is shite..."