BBC bias

13 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

It's a simple fact.  You can barely do that now, you certainly couldn't then.

Of course you can.  Pretty sure these folk werent phoning from 35000 feet.  More like <10000 as they were plummeting to the ground.

I've done that before (the phoning bit, not the plummeting to the ground bit).

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Of course you can.  Pretty sure these folk werent phoning from 35000 feet.  More like <10000 as they were plummeting to the ground.

Not in 2001 you couldn't.  Even now it's totally hit or miss.

This sort of stuff is normally reserved for ‘nationalist Twitter’. I follow a few of the types and they’re utterly immersed in a constantly seething world, getting outraged at literally anything (shortbread tins was the big one yesterday) and RT’ing each other’s ‘witty’ responses to Labour or Conservative MSP’s.

Little wonder we have such a polarised political spectrum when similar alternative universes exist for all parties and causes.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If it didn't work sufficiently well they don't need to broadcast it, this is deflection of pandb standards.  Did they seek out his deputy?  Another government minister?  Did they ask him for a statement which they could read out?  No I don't think they did

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Your lying just like all the relatives of the victims and all the witnesses who saw the plane flying low over Washington towards the Pentagon. Liar!

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

If it didn't work sufficiently well they don't need to broadcast it, this is deflection of pandb standards.  Did they seek out his deputy?  Another government minister?  Did they ask him for a statement which they could read out?  No I don't think they did

They read out a statement from the Government.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Pish.  As if phone calls are in some way higher fidelity than a Skype call. If the story was so important it should have been covered properly not as a Labour gripe-fest.

It was a Citizens Advice Scotland gripe-fest.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Your lying just like all the relatives of the victims and all the witnesses who saw the plane flying low over Washington towards the Pentagon. Liar!

Not many people saw a plane near the pentagon actually.  But there is no need for there to be no planes for it to be a conspiracy.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

I stand corrected. Why didn't they interview him over the phone?

Read their tweet. Scotland getting closed down due to the Beast from the East was a different degree of urgency than "My bus was late then 3 came at once."