Bonnyrigg Rose should they stay or should they go...

Unknown Fan

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple enough question.
There will be relatively small amount of folk who get a vote on this. I will attend egm and get my say. What do you mean by junior cup is " sad loss".

2 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Time for the big rose to go and enjoy the adventure. 

Big yes from me. 

Well said, but I was speaking to a taxi driver who is a Bonnyrigg fan, but not a member. His view was the same as yours, but his caveat was that the members won't agree to leave the juniors even if the EGM supports a change.  Do you agree with his view ?   (Perhaps it was you that I spoke to - do you drive taxis ?). 

Has anyone else any knowledge of EGMs being arranged at short notice ?

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Well said, but I was speaking to a taxi driver who is a Bonnyrigg fan, but not a member. His view was the same as yours, but his caveat was that the members won't agree to leave the juniors even if the EGM supports a change.  Do you agree with his view ?   (Perhaps it was you that I spoke to - do you drive taxis ?). 

Has anyone else any knowledge of EGMs being arranged at short notice ?

You've got me beat on this mate.

At the egm it is the members who vote

You may think the reconstruction plan's crazy, but 3/4 of the WR clubs voted FOR it!
What IS crazy is that so many of them seem determined to hang on to some sort of revised Sectional Cup at the start of the season when THAT idea should have been instantly binned like it was in the East!

Aye the turkeys definitely voted for Christmas on this issue

The Official notice calling the EGM clearly states who will be allowed a vote on the proposals with recommendations being put forward by the Club Officials......All Life Members..,Season Ticket Holders..Sponsors....All others wishing to attend may be allowed entry at the discretion of the Chairperson.

12 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Big yes from me too, some of the games in the junior's are great but far too many games where the score is 3/4/5/6-0. I think Bonnyrigg would do well in a more professional system

Far bigger one sided scorelines in the EoSFL though. However until all the east clubs are together in the same system, or there's enough for two EoS divisions then that'll continue to be the case.

Visited the Social Club today and there is a very strong feeling among the regular home and away supporters that moving from the juniors is a bad idea....for many reasons . They like the local junior community association....and feel that this will certainly be lost by moving to an Eof S setup  leaving behind years of rivalry and friendships with these clubs.....It appears that 140 years of junior history is important to many...old and young........Will make for an interesting EGM and it could be that the venue for the night wont be big enough.....We will see.

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 01:48, db11 said:

Simple enough question.
There will be relatively small amount of folk who get a vote on this. I will attend egm and get my say. What do you mean by junior cup is " sad loss".

Season ticket holders..Life Members.and Sponsors are a fairly large number of potential attendees......add the clause about people being allowed in at the Chairpersons discretion..and I don't know what that means !!!! but could be conscrued ..as a loading of the meeting..in favour of the proposed Recommendations by the Officials on the night....they wouldn't do that though on such an important change to the future of the club....If my weekend conversations are anything to go on the venue for the meeting wont be big enough.......but action is louder than words and we will see if the..Angry Brigade ..turn up.

Visited the Social Club today and there is a very strong feeling among the regular home and away supporters that moving from the juniors is a bad idea....for many reasons . They like the local junior community association....and feel that this will certainly be lost by moving to an Eof S setup  leaving behind years of rivalry and friendships with these clubs.....It appears that 140 years of junior history is important to many...old and young........Will make for an interesting EGM and it could be that the venue for the night wont be big enough.....We will see.
I'm a regular home and away supporter and for me the juniors is on its arse. The time is right for the club to move. Go now or be left behind when others move ahead of us.

As the pool of junior sides withers do clubs really think that the carrot of entry to the big Scottish will remain for Junior sides?

Its not just the prospect of a fixture list (the absence of which means I and no doubt many many other junior fans don't buy season tickets), the money from the SFA, Scottish Cup entry every year, its about putting the club in the best possible position ahead of the inevitable change that will happen.

Yes some of the EOS sides are poorly supported and bring little in the way of fans etc but is it really any worse than the travelling support of some of the juniors, been a few sides at Bonnyrigg this season who must have brought less than 10 fans. As the EOS evolves this will change and in the interim the club should be financially stable enough to be able to ride out the downturn in gate receipts, although by all accounts Kelty don't seem to have suffered. There's also the costs of travelling to consider, even the furthest away EOS side is a dam sight closer than Forfar or the Dundee sides.

Is the standard of football in the EOS any worse than the Superleague, after all there are teams on the end of 5 or 6 goal drubbings week in week. At the moment there's probably 3 sides head and shoulders above the rest in the EOS, is there really many more than that are serious Superleague challengers.

Don't get me wrong, I can see that there are dangers and things could go pear shaped but its a risk worth taking in my opinion.

Its a big decision to be made about the clubs future but it can't be clouded by the rose tinted reminiscing of yesteryear.

On 10/03/2018 at 12:33, BENJI BOY said:

The Official notice calling the EGM clearly states who will be allowed a vote on the proposals with recommendations being put forward by the Club Officials......All Life Members..,Season Ticket Holders..Sponsors....All others wishing to attend may be allowed entry at the discretion of the Chairperson.

Are non members allowed to attend the bonnyrigg annual general meeting ?

4 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

Not what I'm hearing, will be interesting to see what the EGM brings...

2 hours ago, Gimme said:

I'm a regular home and away supporter and for me the juniors is on its arse. The time is right for the club to move. Go now or be left behind when others move ahead of us.

As the pool of junior sides withers do clubs really think that the carrot of entry to the big Scottish will remain for Junior sides?

Its not just the prospect of a fixture list (the absence of which means I and no doubt many many other junior fans don't buy season tickets), the money from the SFA, Scottish Cup entry every year, its about putting the club in the best possible position ahead of the inevitable change that will happen.

Yes some of the EOS sides are poorly supported and bring little in the way of fans etc but is it really any worse than the travelling support of some of the juniors, been a few sides at Bonnyrigg this season who must have brought less than 10 fans. As the EOS evolves this will change and in the interim the club should be financially stable enough to be able to ride out the downturn in gate receipts, although by all accounts Kelty don't seem to have suffered. There's also the costs of travelling to consider, even the furthest away EOS side is a dam sight closer than Forfar or the Dundee sides.

Is the standard of football in the EOS any worse than the Superleague, after all there are teams on the end of 5 or 6 goal drubbings week in week. At the moment there's probably 3 sides head and shoulders above the rest in the EOS, is there really many more than that are serious Superleague challengers.

Don't get me wrong, I can see that there are dangers and things could go pear shaped but its a risk worth taking in my opinion.

Its a big decision to be made about the clubs future but it can't be clouded by the rose tinted reminiscing of yesteryear.

I'd seriously think about moving if I got a vote, which I think I don't. I think theres an inevitability of whats coming....best to be at the forefront rather than following on.

5 hours ago, BENJI BOY said:

and feel that this will certainly be lost by moving to an Eof S setup  leaving behind years of rivalry and friendships with these clubs

That's only if other clubs don't follow. If Bonnyrigg move next season at least they'll have games against Dalkeith in the EoS, and it might also encourage other East Junior clubs to move across.

B57..you seem to be well informed of what is to be tabled on the 21st....and seem to have been convinced by your source that it is the only way to for the club to go with the added bonus of the prospect of playing Dalkeith in the EoS and  that is a better carrot than playing the likes of quality teams like Linlithgow..,Boness or Penicuik...and the better teams in Fife and Tayside....The lure of automatic entry into the Big Scottish seems to colour a lot of fans judgement on the issue.....They seem to think that we will have a run like the last time and make mega bucks......which colours the gamble the club will take......So is it all about money..and has your source advised you whether the clubs two main Sugar Daddies are 100% behind the anticipated proposals and recommendations going to be put forward at the EGM........Finally..if its such a must for East junior clubs why isn't the most successful  club    with the best facilities on and off the park ..in the East..not leading the charge on this one.......they have met all the criteria for entry.

Archived