Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

BrewDog is shite. They got caught out here by saying the beer was not for girls when the label explicitly says Beer for Girls. Then tried to pretend they were being ironic or some pish.

"Craft Beer" is a complete misnomer in most circumstances. If you can buy it down the supermarket it has been mass produced in exactly the same way as every other beer on the shelf.

I'll stick to Tennents.

The "any publicity is good publicity so they wont care"  is nonsense

I won't buy their beer as the  guys are wanks. As others have said plenty other great beers out there now, whereas once they were the only place to go for half decent IPAs. Outside of their IPAs the rest of their range is pretty forgettable

It was their carry on with Aberdeenshire Council that did it fir me basically trying to get a twitter pile onto their chief exec for not giving away public land for a fraction of it's value. This from a company that have had public money in spades to set up their brand.

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Over hyped rubbish beer that has managed to capture the bearded sleeve tattoo market so fair play to them keeping those types out of decent pubs

On to something here... All this time I have thought "what a load of pish" when I hear about Brewdog opening their own pubs. Better to look at it your way. All the craft beer twats will be in there together, staying out the road of the rest of us.

I won't buy their beer as the  guys are wanks. As others have said plenty other great beers out there now, whereas once they were the only place to go for half decent IPAs. Outside of their IPAs the rest of their range is pretty forgettable
It was their carry on with Aberdeenshire Council that did it fir me basically trying to get a twitter pile onto their chief exec for not giving away public land for a fraction of it's value. This from a company that have had public money in spades to set up their brand.

There was also that TV interview show (probably Channel 4) where they went through their whole interview short list and then decided to withdraw the job at the end of. Obviously in it for nothing more than free marketing and to be fair to them, they've done it pretty well if you can get a load of samey, average and well overpriced beer to be bought at current levels.

The whole 'f*** the piss water that seems to make up the draught choice of most pubs' was a stroke of genius though. I guess people care more about being part of a so called movement than the beer, which ironically is now mass produced rubbish on every supermarket shelf.

Can’t be fucked with snooty c***s who scoff at everything, so I definitely can’t be fucked with snooty c***s who drink Brewdog who scoff at folk who drink Tennents for “buying into the corporate machine” etc

It’s the same mentality as teenage goths back in the day, proclaiming their individuality and anti-mainstream-ness, while dressing the same as every other fucking goth.

18 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Would brewdog not be considered the antithesis of “hipster” now?
Now a huge company with a relatively healthy market share.
If you were into them when they were a real craft brewer and now reject them, then you are a hipster.
I don’t mind their beer, but then again I’d drink turps.

When Camden Town were bought over Brewdog removed their beers as they were not owned by a big brewer which I thought was disappointing attitude given how large Brewdog were becoming themselves. 

For me I don't get the hype over Brewdog. Got some decent beers, but some people really buy into the brand bit like Apple etc. 

14 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Why does it have to be craft beer snob or tennents drinker?

I adore both

That's the P&B way. A lot of folk on here enjoy stereotypes and inverse snobbery. This thread is full of it.

Why does it have to be craft beer snob or tennents drinker?

I adore both

I'm similar. I'll happily tank into the Tennents but I do prefer the taste of a hoppy IPA. If I'm grabbing beers from Asda I tend to grab a mixture of both craft and good old Tennents.

One of the most recent popular types of beers floating around in craft beer bars and bottleshops is sour beers which are absolutely rank regardless of the brewer or ingredients.

Guest bernardblack

I'm similar. I'll happily tank into the Tennents but I do prefer the taste of a hoppy IPA. If I'm grabbing beers from Asda I tend to grab a mixture of both craft and good old Tennents.

One of the most recent popular types of beers floating around in craft beer bars and bottleshops is sour beers which are absolutely rank regardless of the brewer or ingredients.

Exactly. Do I go and source some new craft beers in the supermarket or a different city? Absolutely.

Am I just as happy sinking a few T's before the match? 100%

23 hours ago, Johnny van Axeldongen said:

Fact: Brewdog got its name when the first tester to taste their drink said that it tasted like "Brewed dog shit, with a hint of chestnut".

Makes you wonder how  they came up with the name for this 

ABAE993A-176E-4567-A929-E02A43908B30.jpeg.681b338c581e1a9e4620e78c6c76c0ed.jpeg

Edited by Unleash The Nade

16 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I won't buy their beer as the  guys are wanks.

Their brand is exposed to ten more people who would buy their beer for every one who has a frothing meltdown about its creators; that has been their MO and it has objectively speaking been rather successful. 

I drink mostly craft beers but I stopped caring about what other people drink a while ago.  I've sampled many many beers and have found a handful of different ones I like depending on the style I feel like drinking.  There are some excellent craft lagers being made here these days so if I feel like a lager I can get a good one without needing to buy corn-syrupy stuff made by the big brewers that I personally hate.  In saying that I do like lagers made by some of the bigger European companies that follow the Bavarian beer purity law, Lowenbrau in particular I enjoy, also Pilsner Urquell.  I guess it's more the Corn Syrup and other shite that the big North American brewers put in their beers that I hate

As for this brewing company, sounds as though they are trying to be deliberately provocative to get their name in the headlines, sort of the Ryanair strategy

Edited by senorsoupe

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

Their brand is exposed to ten more people who would buy their beer for every one who has a frothing meltdown about its creators; that has been their MO and it has objectively speaking been rather successful. 

Exactly this. When they produced some crazy strong beer that was something like 55% (Tactical Nuclear Penguin rings a bell) everyone was criticising them for being irresponsible and encouraging excessive drunkenness. 

The result was a rake of free publicity and their w****r owners laughing all the way to the bank.

At what point does craft beer begin or end? It's beer, experiment and drink more of the kinds you like. If a tosser with a top knot and tattoos is standing next to you, move. Same as you would if a slabbering ned in a tracksuit turned up next to you. If the pub is shite, move on.

I've been drinking for years, but it's not that hard to get the hang of.