Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

3 minutes ago, ParsJake said:

Tolerant Nazi.

Compassionate Tory.

Capitalist Bolshevik.

Forgiving Stalinist.

Intelligent ***.

Sorry, after a few attempts it  appears that there isn't...

The word after "intelligent" starts with the letter "H" and rhymes with "run".

Edited by ParsJake
Slightly boozy typo

21 minutes ago, mizfit said:

So, it would appear a stag do I’ve been invited to has centred there whole night around a Brewdog.

Can anyone suggest to me a half decent beer of theirs?

Elvis Juice is delicious. It's a grapefruity thing, but the balance makes it more refreshing than fruity. 

On 20/01/2022 at 21:39, parsforlife said:

Do the still sell beer in weird measures for unknown reasons?

Do you mean a third and two thirds? Because if so, yes. Reason being is to stop people from ordering an 11% beer, as a pint, costing about £27. Also means the staff don't have to deal with the arsehole skulling pints of it.

I've never worked at Brew Dog, thankfully, but I've worked for another craft beer bar and still work in craft beer to an extent. A truly despicable company who have completely outstayed their welcome. Worked wonders for the industry but there is a better brewery in pretty much every town in the country now.

Hope the BBC documentary can convince some people away from them, but it's the same as Wetherspoons really. Doesn't matter how shite they treat their staff and how much of a c**t the owner is, goons will still blindly give money to them.

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

So, it would appear a stag do I’ve been invited to has centred there whole night around a Brewdog.

Commiserations. 

The best stuff they do generally doesn't appear on tap in the bars. Jet black is a decent stout, other than that cross your fingers and hope they have some good guest beers in.

10 hours ago, mizfit said:

The bar staff, or look at review website if you must. Alternatively, just try some.

Contrary to the prevailing theme on here, there's plenty of decent ones.

@Craig the Hunteris right though, there's also plenty better, but that's not much use to you in the circumstances.

12 hours ago, mizfit said:

Only one I've tried is Punk IPA and it's probably ok as a session beer if you're normally a lager drinker.

36 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Dead Pony Club is a wonderful beer.

Also, never had an issue in their bars for wanky staff or otherwise. Aberdeen, Dundee, Brussels and Budapest bars were all fine and infact the staff very helpful.

Always known you were a wrong'un.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/8315674/brewdog-james-watt-bbc-disclosure-documentary/

I see he's now threatening legal action, including this rather sinister little tidbit:

“However, if and when this ends up in court that anonymity can never be guaranteed and it is in the court’s discretion to order the BBC to reveal its sources.

Worth noting he was asked to give "his side" but refused. 

7 minutes ago, philpy said:

He's now looking to sue BBC scotland.  No doubt he'll launch a beer with some daft name to have a dig at them..

They come across as all talk and no trousers so time will tell if they even bother to take any legal action.

On 22/01/2022 at 17:07, velo army said:

I went to one of those a few years back and tbf it was an excellent night out. Frightened Rabbit played and it was all very well done.

Yeah, the evening part was always pretty good. Idlewild did it more than once. There was a Brewdog sponsored music festival at Bogbain Farm just outside Inverness one year as well that was great.

Perhaps they had to be wankers and have the outsider (😂) personality to break through and maybe it was worth it... but christ, it's hard going at times.