Brewdog - Beer For Girls

Guest bernardblack

Some amount of "trying too hard" opinions on here regarding Brewdog (ironically, given some of the complaints about the company). 

I remember what the UK beer scene was like pre-Brewdog and for all their wanky, hipster shite Brewdog really did blaze a trail. You can go to a local coop in a small town and buy decent craft beer now which was unthinkable pre-Brewdog. They aren't solely responsible for it of course but it would be churlish to claim they weren't important. 

Yes, some of their beer is shite, yes, there are far better Scottish breweries (Overtone and Fierce do the same thing but better for starters), but as someone who likes "craft" beer I'll always be as glad that Brewdog existed. 

James Watt can f**k off, mind. 

I’m watching this BBC documentary now and I’m slightly confused about the agenda and why there is a hatchet job going on with the brewery and business owner. I’ve not really followed this thread nor have I drank too often in their bars but they seem a very successful Scottish business. Nothing wrong in them getting investment to reward the business creators as well as add capital to grow the company.

The American and Scottish ex employees all seem bitter and allegations of inappropriate behaviour don’t seem to be backed up with any criminal or even witness evidence; it’s all “an overseas top CEO visiting his USA businesses and had his head turned over a couple lassies, whilst enjoying a few beers whilst on overseas business”

Happy to be corrected buy it seems more of a flimsy BBC documentary to trash-talk this company? 

Edited by deegee

5 minutes ago, deegee said:

I’m watching this BBC documentary now and I’m slightly confused about the agenda and why there is a hatchet job going on with the brewery and business owner. I’ve not really followed this thread nor have I drank too often in their bars but they seem a very successful Scottish business. Nothing wrong in them getting investment to reward the business creators as well as add capital to grow the company.

The American and Scottish ex employees all seem bitter and allegations of inappropriate behaviour don’t seem to be backed up with any criminal or even witness evidence; it’s all “an overseas top CEO visiting his USA businesses and had his head turned over a couple lassies, whilst enjoying a few beers whilst on overseas business”

Happy to be corrected buy it seems more of a flimsy BBC documentary to trash-talk this company? 

Thats what I thought as well. Very poor from the BBC. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'd bet my last pound he's an utter cuñt, but which head of a multinational isn't? You'd starve or die of thirst if you boycotted them all.

The much bigger worry for them must be the reports that they falsified import paperwork for the US because they were using ingredients that weren't cleared by the US authorities. The owner being a sleazy bellend won't surprise many people, like you say. 

1 minute ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

The much bigger worry for them must be the reports that they falsified import paperwork for the US because they were using ingredients that weren't cleared by the US authorities. The owner being a sleazy bellend won't surprise many people, like you say. 

They said that Brewdog had already self reported that.

12 minutes ago, deegee said:

^^^shareholder.

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

^^^shareholder.

I’ve never had a beard or actually gone more than a day or two unshaven, I have no tattoos and don’t really wear cloth caps, checked shirts and baggy denims, so doubt I’m the target market for Brewdog or investing in their company lol. 

I like the idea of Brewdog and might invest if I didn't find every one of their non-stout beers too bitter to drink.

If you like auld guy Scottish heavy and export beers, Strathaven's stuff is the business.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

8 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I like the idea of Brewdog and might invest if I didn't find every one of their non-stout beers too bitter to drink.

If you like auld guy Scottish heavy and export beers, Strathaven's stuff is the business.

Never will understand why people invest money in a company when they have zero chance of making any return.  Brewdog could be the most succesful company in the world and it makes no difference to your return.  You’re basically being conned by/gifting money to a couple of grifters/marketing gurus depdnding on your point of view,

On 22/01/2022 at 23:54, mizfit said:

So, it would appear a stag do I’ve been invited to has centred there whole night around a Brewdog.

Can anyone suggest to me a half decent beer of theirs?

Judging by the allegations in that documentary, the new 'Baldy Stare' 100% OFTW is a delightful tipple to be enjoyed on a rooftop.

Their AGM was a fascinating experience. Watching Dickie and Watt on stage preaching to five thousand shareholders was surreal. Was like sitting in the audience for a televangelist show in America. 

Mercifully, my ability to grow facial hair means I escaped undetected. 

32 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

As an auld guy real ale fan, this sounds class. I'm from very close to there too, so it ticks a few boxes. Cheers lad.